Ranged passangers in Strand of the Ancients

Strand of the Ancients is definatly a ranged classes' paradise. So much so, in fact, that the match is greatly influenced by your ratio of ranged players to melee players.

This is mostly because the 2 passanger seats in the demos. Place a ranged class in them and they suddenly make it near impossile for others to attack it, especially if they continue to roll on. With the boost to damage from 4.01, this has become an even greater advantage.

I suggest the passanger seats be removed/inactive in Strand of the Ancients. Doing so would definatly balance the playing field for all classes and make the game dependant on overall team work and skill comparedto right now where all you need is 3 or 4 ranged players in demos.
Edited by Kasio on 11/18/2010 9:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
60 Human Paladin
you do realize you can target the ranged right? not to mention if they die then the demo is screwed. Protip have your ranged target their ranged and kill them.

LRN2PLAY.
Reply Quote
you do realize you can target the ranged right? not to mention if they die then the demo is screwed. Protip have your ranged target their ranged and kill them.

LRN2PLAY.
Except if the passengers have "Lrn2played" they just polymorph you and and laugh as the demo trundles on.

Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior

LRN2PLAY.
Except if the passengers have "Lrn2played" they just polymorph you and and laugh as the demo trundles on.

except that hunters, warlocks, noobkins, and spriests can't poly.
All Mages are ranged, but not all ranged are Mages.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue

Good thing none of those classes have any CC.

At all.

Ever.
Reply Quote

LRN2PLAY.

Cyclone/fear

There. Now you have two left :P

Mage+lock/druid combo in the passenger seat single-handedly wins quite a few games :s

It would be nice if the demos had more health but moved slower. That would make the demos the points of conflict, but not the primary targets. Current strand is more PvV than PvP if you're playing to win (which to be honest I'm usually not. I would prefer to fight people than run down vehicles all game). Right now on my mage the only way someone can catch up to a demo I'm in is by running around the map through the other gate and attacking from the front.

With health/speed changes to demos I think strand could play more like the Payload gametype from Team Fortress 2
Edited by Tago on 11/18/2010 10:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]