In case you missed the GbtL change on the PTR

Guarded by the light only increases your self heal WoG by 10% now, down from 60%.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Hurrrr 2 talent points for a 10% increase to wog? Pretty fail game design right there

Yes and no. You are still going to be healing yourself for around 10k (with Divinity) and what ever overheals will still be converted into a shield. I'm very interested to see what kind of numbers it will be putting out. Even though they are going to be much lower I still foresee WoG spam being very good.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Hurrrr 2 talent points for a 10% increase to wog? Pretty fail game design right there

Yes and no. You are still going to be healing yourself for around 10k (with Divinity) and what ever overheals will still be converted into a shield. I'm very interested to see what kind of numbers it will be putting out. Even though they are going to be much lower I still foresee WoG spam being very good.

Gonna need 3 hop for it to even be a meaningful heal, and be at pretty much full health for the shield to even proc for a hit or two.

So? Even now (despite being a crazy large heal) spamming WoGs in place of ShoRs (after you have a nice threat lead) is an amazing idea. You will be surprised how much damage you will reduce. The other day I took LESS damage then my EQUALLY geared OT when we did Marrowgar. Both of our top damage takens were attack but mine was much lower then his.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Perhaps you are right, i dunno i just see all these nerfs like poti and eternal glory and now this, i just see this is gonna put paladins in a bad place

Spam healing ourselves is putting us in a bad place.

As soon as self healing spam becomes the optimal way to play, it'll get nerfed, and it is.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

Perhaps you are right, i dunno i just see all these nerfs like poti and eternal glory and now this, i just see this is gonna put paladins in a bad place

Spam healing ourselves is putting us in a bad place.

As soon as self healing spam becomes the optimal way to play, it'll get nerfed, and it is.

We are not healing our selves to actually heal ourselves. We want the overhealing shield. It does need SOME kind of nerf.
Edited by Xayton on 11/19/2010 2:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
...Contrary to previous endeavors it feels like this is getting rushed out rather than being developed "until it's done."

Seems that way to me too. I'm not happy about it but then I usually take the 'wait and see' approach. Only time will tell how it all works out.

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Typical Blizzard heavy handed approach here, nerfing something based on live servers (which aren't balanced for cata yet) to near uselessness.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The PotI nerf was fine. This is just unnecessary. 30% would have been cool. 10? Time to roll Holy PvP.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
This is going to be very, very bad for prot pvp...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
This is going to be very, very bad for prot pvp...

Somewhere in the back of my mind is a tiny voice that keeps telling me that blizzard doesn't want people pvping in tanking specs... it hurts my feelings to even think that, let alone believe it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Remember that the base healing for Word of Glory was also buffed quite a bit a few beta patches ago...this is just to counter that buff so it evens outs and doesn't become too powerful for prot.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Remember that the base healing for Word of Glory was also buffed quite a bit a few beta patches ago...this is just to counter that buff so it evens outs and doesn't become too powerful for prot.

By how much was it buffed? I thought it was nerfed to a 30% heal with that base heal increase. This 10% would make it less than it used to do. I wish I had the beta to test it out. Right now, I'm afraid of trying ret pvp at 85 considering the stuff I've been reading.
Reply Quote
Well, I can't speak for everybody since your mileage may very, but, I was still able to hold my own in 1v1's and BG's on the PTR BG's. As usual I tend to have problems with frost mages but against pretty much all the melee I went against (except a bit better geared and very welled played prot pally) I didn't have too many major issues.

Still, I don't like how Blizzard is already bringing out the nerfbat when we haven't even hit 81, much less 85. It would be nice if they would stop being so knee-jerk and doing so many things at one time.

From a scientific and development point of a view making too many changes at once one way or the other is always a bad thing. They shoulda just nerfed poti then taken a little more time to evaluate the results before doing their typical ZOMG NERF IT ALL!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]