In case you missed the GbtL change on the PTR

85 Human Paladin
Didn't blizz buff WoG baseline for all specs, but then said they were going to nerf WoG talents for both prot and ret to leave it about equal to what it was, but that this was basically done to make WoG more powerful and meaningful for holy?
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
The problem probably wasn't the talent, it was probably the talent coupled with the glyph. Now it's 10% by talents and 10% by glyph.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue

Though I will be quite honest, my faith in Blizzard has been seriously shaken with this xpac. Contrary to previous endeavors it feels like this is getting rushed out rather than being developed "until it's done."

It is being release exactly when the marketing department would want.

Though it doesn't worry me too much, balance is always a moving target even if you take more time. And the tools they have to balance things out are much better (spec bonuses and masteries make it very easy to target buffs/nerfs)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
The problem probably wasn't the talent, it was probably the talent coupled with the glyph. Now it's 10% by talents and 10% by glyph.

I can't see ever using that glyph. There's other Primes that are just too important to damage output (protribution).
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

I can't see ever using that glyph. There's other Primes that are just too important to damage output (protribution).

Only if you are not using a WoG build. If you are PvPing with a WoG build there is very little reason not to use the glyph. I am not exactly sure how this discussion transitioned to PvP simply because spamming WoG over ShoR in PvP strips you of highest damage attack. It basically leaves you as...quite literally a meat shield.
Edited by Xayton on 11/19/2010 10:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
why the change was made:

when the talent was first designed WoG scaled with SP
it was then changed to SP or AP so make it scale better for prot/ret
it was overkill for prot/ret, and has been nerfed progressively for prot/ret ever since.

it's still a pretty decent talent with triggering HS and with the overheal shielding.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
You mean after the patch/cataclysm I won't be able to enter dungeons and tell the healer to go DPS? D:
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin

For now, I'm mostly using prot to solo older content, so it's handy for larger pulls. If I was running dungeons/raids more consistently (not happening atm on Fizzcrank) I'd respec and drop that glyph for something more useful.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
A couple of people hit the nail on the head here.

WoG was BUFFED baseline to improve it's usefulness to Holy. The talents, selfless healer and gbtl were then nerfed later.

As was mentioned, this would be a net neutral for Prot/Ret.

Nothing to see in this thread, carry on.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Good job blizzard, make sure to nerf all 3 paladin specs into the ground ASAP, i mean all 2 of the serious pvp prot players on each server shouldnt of tried to be prot and should of just rerolled a mage or rogue liked blizzard wants you to lol, but leave the actuall OP classes like mage alone, they are fine right?

You are dumb, Word of Glory is the same for Prot and Ret, you should read the thread before making stupid posts.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Remember that the base healing for Word of Glory was also buffed quite a bit a few beta patches ago...this is just to counter that buff so it evens outs and doesn't become too powerful for prot.

Yep:
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/23710/beta-build-13221

We buffed Word of Glory base points for Holy paladins. We nerfed the Ret and Prot talents to keep it about the same for them.

I'm hoping that WoG is not net-nerfed.

The GbtL talent does seem underwhelming now. I can see 1 point for a 10% increase. We'll have to see.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Remember that the base healing for Word of Glory was also buffed quite a bit a few beta patches ago...this is just to counter that buff so it evens outs and doesn't become too powerful for prot.

Yep:

We buffed Word of Glory base points for Holy paladins. We nerfed the Ret and Prot talents to keep it about the same for them.

The GbtL talent does seem underwhelming now. I can see 1 point for a 10% increase. We'll have to see.

You are looking at GbtL the wrong way. Don't look at it for its +Healing% look at it for its overhealing shield.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

Yep:

You are looking at GbtL the wrong way. Don't look at it for its +Healing% look at it for its overhealing shield.

It also lets you keep up holy shield when you need that pinch heal and can't use Shield of the Righteous.

or if you're like me, it puts up holy shield in instances since I just use that while aoe'ing.
Edited by Gorlinwulf on 11/21/2010 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i don't even bother with WoG during pvp wanna know why? because i roll with a healer. i hardly use it during 1v1 situations also and win most of my fights. All about strategy not who can self heal faceroll unless your a healer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]