This thread is a ranking of all guilds that raid on the Whisperwind server, who also wish to have their guild ranked. This thread is not a fully accurate ranking, as guilds that do not wish to participate are respected, and they are not included in the lists.
To summarize how guilds are tracked, the following criteria is run through every time an update is made to determine where a guild should be ranked in the progression lists:
1) Guilds are first separated into two lists depending on if they raid in 25 man or 10 man mode.
2) From there, rankings are then determined by the guild's completion of the current hardest tier raid instances.
3) Heroic mode kills given higher rankings over normal mode kills.
4) End of wing bosses and end of instance boss kills give higher rankings over the start of instance boss kills.
5) At this point, if a guild is tied with other guilds, the tie breaker is determined by who got the hardest boss kill first.
And finally, here's a few items to note about some details to the progression lists related specifically to the Wrath of the Lich King expansion:
- As 4.01 hit live servers, any kills made after that date will not be included in consideration to where guilds should be ordered in the progression lists. Updates will still be applied, but they will be underlined to show they were achieved after 4.01.
- *'s or a number in the progression list denote hard modes. A number is used if there are incremental steps to the hard mode such as 1-3 drakes up on Sarth.
- A (ga) behind the guild name indicates a guild alliance.
I try to make updates to this thread at least weekly, and during new content releases, when guilds are making new kills quite frequently, every day. If you see any errors in anything, please let me know and they will be corrected.
If your guild is not included on either list and you would like it to be, please have your GM or one of the officers reply to this thread with the following information:
1) Guild name
2) Raid type your guild focuses on. (25 or 10 man mode)
3) Current raid progression. (I will verify based off of armory pages, but listing it out for me does speed up the process and I'll like you more.)
4) Guild website. (again, this part is optional.)
NOTE: If a member of your guild provides this information and is not the GM or a guild officer, before the information will be added to the lists, I will first try to contact one of them to make sure they approve of their guild be added. If they say no, or I can't get a hold of them, your guild will not be added.
ALSO NOTE: It is your own guild's responsibility to keep me updated on your progression. Anyone from your guild may make an update post once your guild is being tracked, but if you want your guild progression kept up to date, you have to keep me informed. Once someone makes an update post, I'll verify it via armory, and then update the progression lists.
I believe this should cover almost all the questions that arise while maintaining the progression lists. Please feel free to contact me if you have any others.
Good luck to every guild and happy raiding!