Rogue DPS

90 Undead Rogue
Any other rogues out there having a hard time getting your old numbers back? Ever since the patch my DPS has plummeted.

I've done all the reforging, etc, and the rogues I've spoken to on my server seem to feel the same. Thought I'd ask on here. For the record, I'm not complaining or "QQing", but commenting on a significant change I've experienced which makes my game less fun.
80 Night Elf Rogue
Yer assassin spec is completely wonky, you put all 36 points into assassin and didnt even take all the DPS talents. Unless that is some kinda PvP spec?

If you are referring to your Sub spec, i didnt even look at it.

If this is a PvP thread, just ignore me.
90 Undead Rogue
Oh, sorry. I'm using my secondary sub spec. Which should be what's recommended atm for raiding.
80 Night Elf Rogue
i believe Mutilate is still stronger than Sub in a raid environment. I am sure someone will come along and correct me if i am wrong, but i don't think i am.

As for Sub though, at a glance yer spec looks fine. Rotation maybe? Keeping up all yer buffs/debuffs? There is a lot of bull@@#! to watch as Sub, so maybe you are letting something drop? SnD? Recup? Rupture? etc.
90 Undead Rogue
Maybe i should try mut. The problem is, good daggers are so hard to get for a rogue (and TWO of them). Maybe I'll do better though with a simpler rotation and worse weapons..
80 Night Elf Rogue
You have a decent MH, you can get a decent OH from one of the ICC 5 mans (at least as good as yer OH sword) till you can get into a few raids.

90 Undead Rogue
Why dont u have the 264 pvp daggers? pretty sure they are better unless u have icc 25 daggers.

The ones that require arena points?
90 Night Elf Rogue
No, the ones that require honor points and have no ratings requirements. If you had any Stone Keeper's Shards on you when 4.0.1 went live, you might already be well on your way to getting them.
85 Worgen Rogue
No, the ones that require honor points and have no ratings requirements. If you had any Stone Keeper's Shards on you when 4.0.1 went live, you might already be well on your way to getting them.

Where might I find these? I've looked, but every PvP weapon I've seen still requires a rating.

And on topic, I haven't had much of a problem as Mutilate. Before I left (during ICC, before the buff and after the hotfix nerf) I was pushing towards 7k. Now that I've returned (and gotten a few upgrades and 4.0) I'm pushing 9k.

Where might I find these? I've looked, but every PvP weapon I've seen still requires a rating.

And on topic, I haven't had much of a problem as Mutilate. Before I left (during ICC, before the buff and after the hotfix nerf) I was pushing towards 7k. Now that I've returned (and gotten a few upgrades and 4.0) I'm pushing 9k.

they say they require rating but in reality they dont. just go to the arena vendor in the sewers.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
The only problem is I don't think you can reforge the arena daggers. Although I guess that doesn't really matter if you are upgrading from 232's.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
The 232 is probably better in the offhand.

Rogues will be fixed when the Firelands raid is released.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Spec mutilate.

Better yet, spec fury.
85 Worgen Rogue
I do almost as much as Assassination on a Saurfang type fight as I did with Combat pre patch. Any multi target fight, that goes down significantly.
Combat dropped about 20%+. The kicker though is pretty much everyone but Enh Shamans got a hefty buff, so it was even more shocking with the bigger DPS gap there.
5 Draenei Mage
< recommends subtlety for easy raiding for reasons below V

1. Rupture is refreshed by your Eviscerate (100% with 5 CP)
2. The dots are amazing and scale > in raids.
3. Slice and Dice is real easy to maintain.
4. Your rotation is very simple
5. Sub is the "Real" rogue spec.
6. It's > for PvP
7. You can teleport, which also increases ambush damage!
8. COS is 1 min. CD and Vanish/Blind 2 min.
9. Not to mention the > mastery and other Sub bonuses.

I haven't seen any data on reforging pure mastery vs agility with sub., but if I had to guess the #'s on your finishing moves would be pretty high.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]