BG Merge, things still not right?

49 Night Elf Priest
Just trying to get a view of things from other BG's and other brackets to share experiences of what is working and what is not working.

In the 49's last night we saw several issues which I think are shared across other brackets but we can use this thread to hopefully summarize whats going on.

Issues:

1) Players from certain battlegroups were unable to join a game when in the queue for 45+ minutes. Those games were full most of time but they don't have priority over people who just got out of games and re-queued or aren't linked properly.

We did get a few players from Stormstrike and Vindication in our games last night with players mostly from Ruin. Players from Vengeance and Nightfall who were in the queue for quite a while were not able to join, though they were seeing the queue and the average wait time was adjusting.

2) Sometimes when a player gets a pop for WSG and click accept the window goes away but they never join the game.

3) The first game of the night was 7/7 even though there were 2-5+ players on either faction waiting to get in. After that game ended we had a full 10 players rest of evening.

One of the players from the 39 bracket in Teamspeak mentioned the same thing happened for the first game of evening for that bracket also. Seems like some sort of bug with the new system.

4) The queue system in general seems to be operating a little strange.

Below are two examples of what I mean:

A) One of my guild mates on horde was in queue for 27 minutes, a game ended and I re-queued. I got a pop for WSG almost instantly yet he missed the game somehow.

B) Several times last night I queued right after a game. Other players in Teamspeak said it popped for them but I got nothing. About 2 minutes later I get into the game and there are still 3+ spots left.

5) Sometimes the client will get bugged and the minimap icon for battleground queues will flash in and out repeatedly and is sometimes accompanied by the sound and text indicators as if you are requeing repeatedly.

6) If you queue for WSG and AB, and WSG pops you are removed from the queue for AB. After the WSG games ends it doesn't put you back in the queue for AB.

7) Sometimes players are just being dropped from the Queue.

Please add feedback, and or comments to your experiences from other servers and brackets. I will then post this in the Bug Report forum and petition a GM to bring notice to the issues which I'm sure they are already aware of.
Reply Quote
29 Dwarf Paladin
What I am thinking is that to avoid undue lag it first tries to match you with other people from certain battlegroups and if it doesn't find enough people it keep widening the search to other battlegroups until it finds enough players. However this is a very complicated process if you think about it because it has to prioritize and I am guessing it is a complication of this system which is causing the problems.
Reply Quote
49 Night Elf Priest
What I am thinking is that to avoid undue lag it first tries to match you with other people from certain battlegroups and if it doesn't find enough people it keep widening the search to other battlegroups until it finds enough players. However this is a very complicated process if you think about it because it has to prioritize and I am guessing it is a complication of this system which is causing the problems.

We are guessing but I'm thinking this is exactly whats happening.

I'm thinking it first searches within your own Battlegroup and if can't fill the games with players using that it will then go to another Battlegroup, try to fill from there, and if it fails again goes to the next.

In this scenario players in Vengeance and Nightfall are getting punished because they have no priority over people in the queue for much shorter times in the other brackets.

I do like that your likely to play people with similiar pings, and the same people more often but the way it's setup right now certain players will never be able to take advantage of this new BG system and rarely get a game.
Edited by Lailu on 11/19/2010 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
29 Dwarf Paladin
I am optimistic it will be fixed BUT the system is designed to be much more effective with more people queing.......so its completely possible blizz will ignore it.....I am just going hope not.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
This all happens to me also. I get a WSG pop, click join, and nothing happens. Lame.
Reply Quote
29 Dwarf Paladin
Ya....thats a problem...happened to me a few times.

Imo post in teh report bug forums.
Reply Quote
44 Troll Warrior
I saw a number of 19 exp off games that were 4v1, 7v5, etc...even though a lot of players are in the queue (even guildies standing there waiting to get in) it never fills.

These were people from all different battlegroups.

I've been posting about these problems since 4.0.1 came out and no resolution yet.

Reply Quote
49 Night Elf Priest
I saw a number of 19 exp off games that were 4v1, 7v5, etc...even though a lot of players are in the queue (even guildies standing there waiting to get in) it never fills.

These were people from all different battlegroups.

I've been posting about these problems since 4.0.1 came out and no resolution yet.

Well I saw some issues similiar to what you are posting last night but in the 49 bracket that was the first time we saw such imbalance in and people waiting to get into unfull games.
Reply Quote
29 Dwarf Paladin
Ya its happening across the brackets. We really need to push this in the bug report forum...not here. So blizz is made very aware of the issue.
Reply Quote
29 Blood Elf Paladin
cYc
There are already multiple posts about it in the bug forums. But
they aren't really being moderated too well atm...

And it's happening to max level players as well. It seems odd that
they haven't fixed it yet.
Reply Quote
49 Night Elf Priest
Ya its happening across the brackets. We really need to push this in the bug report forum...not here. So blizz is made very aware of the issue.

I posted a link to this post in the one that Pizza created in the Bug reports forum.
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Warrior
Greetings, fellow subscribers. It is I, the Tauren night hamster.

I have recently become aware of a bug that is very frustrating to me as a paying customer that has been loyal to Blizzard for almost ten years and has been around since beta & launch day, November 23rd 2004 of WoW. My description of the bug is as follows:

1. I attempt to queue for AV in any fashion (with a Battlemaster at the actual BG or with the remote BG tool).
2. The queue pops after a tedious 15 minute wait.
3. I click "Enter Battle" either immediately after the queue pops or after waiting a while (it doesn't matter).
4. Nothing happens. I don't join the battle. I continue to stand in the same location I was before. Meanwhile, I have 19 seconds left until I am removed from the queue.
5. You have been removed from the queue. I waited in Thunder Bluff for 15 minutes for THIS?! And don't tell me to go quest during this waiting time. I am a 70 pvp twink from TBC that never leveled and is trying to gain BG XP until 71 so that I can prepare for Cataclysm by achieving level 80.

This has been happening to me more and more lately. Before, it seemed like it would happen about half of the time. Now it seems like 3/4 queues fail and I have to re-queue.

I have invested well over $1000.00 into this game in the form of subscription fees and collector's edition box games for myself and regular edition box games + expansions as gifts for others plus at least $200 in server transfers, race and faction changes. Taking into account WoW memorabilia and other WoW-related items I have purchased that puts this number easily into $2200.00+.

Considering how for the price of less than 6 months of WoW time I could purchase a brand new game that was released within the last year with improved graphics and, in most cases no game breaking bugs such as this one, I am feeling considerably ripped off. How could a game that I have spent so much money on in order to make sure that I am receiving a premium service (aspects of a premium service, in my opinion: bug-free, or at least nothing that is game breaking, reasonable bandwidth support for a high number of players in one particular area, customer support if needed) be so poorly managed and financed?

It is not merely apparent that most of the money I have forked up was NOT being put towards this game in order to ensure a premium service- it is beyond obvious. Activision-Blizzard is funneling the immense profits from their cash cow known as "WoW" into their other failing projects that are, in some cases, actually losing money. As a loyal customer, this offends and disgusts me.

Blizzard, I demand that you hotfix this issue as soon as you are capable of doing so.

If your response to this thread is going to be "then quit", please have it in your heart to understand the situation that I am in: I am within the first few days of a 6 month subscription. I shouldn't be expected to surrender 77$ and still be content with a service that is significantly worse in quality than most free online services I have had the pleasure to be a part of.

With all due respect, Blizzard, please fix the game that you have had so much fun bragging about the profits you have earned from immediately.

Excuse my french, but I want to play this F#%&ing game right now, and it is completely unplayable! I'm not going to waste 45 minutes out of every hour waiting for a queue if I could be playing SC2 or WC3 and having fun 100% of the time rather than 25% of the time.

I love Blizzard products, and I am in love with their games and their essence and spirit of FUN has been near and dear to me for years, but this kind of negligence on behalf of whoever is responsible for allowing this version of the game to go live is intolerable.
Reply Quote
49 Blood Elf Paladin
When I do BGs on my 80 shaman, I notice my team is always from Cyclone. Other players I've talked to(who also play 80s in cyclone) have told me they've been in games with players from other battlegroups.

i'm not saying the following is true. in fact it might just be because i'm high. i think it has to do with characters that have been transferred between battlegroups in the past. something is fubar
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Warrior
I could still, somehow, be more understanding if I went to the store, paid $59.99 for a brand new computer game and it shipped with a bug that was so bad it literally made the game unplayable. (not really, and neither would you, but at least it's only $60! A literal drop in the bucket in the big scheme of things!).
If you paid a THOUSAND dollars for a video game, Dropdeadfred, it had better be the BEST DARN GAME on the planet!
Edited by Nachthamster on 11/20/2010 11:32 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]