Talent refund in 4.0.3a Why?

85 Goblin Priest
Why are all four classes able to heal getting a talent refund in 4.0.3.a?

I see nothing that would warrant this anybody know anything?
Reply Quote
11 Tauren Shaman
does it really matter?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I think its because things have changed, and they feel its enough change to warrant a free talent re-spec. I welcome the chance to look at it fresh again, for free...
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
Leveling specs for all!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
It might be a not so subtle way of telling you to get out while you still can, that or they think the recent changes warrant a respec.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
does it really matter?

This.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They made quite a few changes to some of the specs, is why. They changed Chakra and a few other talents I know of in Holy Priest, and they redesigned Light of Dawn in Holy Paladin. I am guessing the other specs had similar changes.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Mage
does it really matter?

This.

Of course it matters. If they made further changes to balance out the healers I'd assume priests would want to know they were getting buffs and Paladins would want the warning that they got nerfed more.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

There were some changes to talent/spell interaction that warrant a refund.

Or, it's a veiled suggestion to switch to a tank or dps spec.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest

Or change your raiding specs to leveling ones in anticipation of cata!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
does it really matter?

This.

Of course it matters. If they made further changes to balance out the healers I'd assume priests would want to know they were getting buffs and Paladins would want the warning that they got nerfed more.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Or change your raiding specs to leveling ones in anticipation of cata!

You can't see it, but there's this shadowy lightbulb overhead.
Reply Quote
11 Tauren Shaman
does it really matter?

This.

You miss my point. My point is does it matter why they did it? I can understand if they hadn't done it asking that question, but they did do it, if you don't agree why it doesn't matter it just takes you an extra 2mins to redo your spec.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
does it really matter?

This.

You miss my point. My point is does it matter why they did it? I can understand if they hadn't done it asking that question, but they did do it, if you don't agree why it doesn't matter it just takes you an extra 2mins to redo your spec.

you missed our points. respeccing isnt the issue. big deal like you said. the point is, they don't just give out free respecs on a regular basis. They historically have given free respecs when a certain tree has been drastically changed. As far as we know, nothing has significantly changed in the 4 healing classes trees...

So the question is more, "what are they doing to our classes" than "Dang it, now i have to respec!! curse you blizzardd!!!"
Edited by Reckyo on 11/19/2010 10:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
does it really matter?

This.

you missed our points. respeccing isnt the issue. big deal like you said. the point is, they don't just give out free respecs on a regular basis. They historically have given free respecs when a certain tree has been drastically changed. As far as we know, nothing has significantly changed in the 4 healing classes trees...

So the question is more, "what are they doing to our classes" than "Dang it, now i have to respec!! curse you blizzardd!!!"

This!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

I think they made a lot of changes to healer talents and abilities since 4.0. Enough that our specs may change because of it and they wanted to be nice and save us gold?

I've respeced a few of my healers a few times since 4.0 just to play around with different talents so I wouldn't have minded respecing again for cata, but I'll take the 50g.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
does it really matter?

This.

This!

I would echo this, and hope the changes go along with what I thought I remembered reading some months ago about talent trees getting, overall, less bloated, thus allowing (perhaps) a single spec to be effective in both pvp and pve.

With 4.0.1, on both my resto druid and resto shaman, I saw no evidence of this whatsoever. For pve, you will always choose a "heal" talent over a utility talent (that may or may not have usefulness in pve, but most definitely does have usefulness in pvp). I On my druid, I still see "heal" talents to be taken (on current live), which leaves no room for utility talents to be chosen, unless I want to be "less" than another pve resto druid.

Now maybe I am remembering something incorrectly, or perhaps I'm remembering it right, but I missed where it was taken back. Either way, I was hoping (as an avid BGer hoping to both raid and do BGs in cata) that I could have a single spec for both. Maybe that's asking for too much, but all it does is force me to have 2 heal specs (though it seems healers at 85 in BGs are pretty weak), or forgo a pvp spec and just not partake (which is simply what I did on my shaman).

Given that raid encounters aren't all equal (some requiring more heals than others, at least in ICC), I was hoping to avoid a situation I had not too long ago in our ICC 10 man HM group where we had 3 healers, but wanted to try 2 healing a few fights, but ALL 3 of us had 2 resto specs. Yes, respeccing isn't all that expensive, but it's annoying if you have to do it a lot. Especially since that group didn't have a lock.

But again, maybe I'm remembering a post incorrectly.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Leveling specs for all!

This

Gives you the chance to pick up some dps talents you might have skipped because you were doing important stuff like ICC.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
Chakra is getting a relatively significant overhaul which could affect how players would want to spend their points, is my theory.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Maybe if Resto Druids are lucky they'll unlink Living Seed and Efflo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]