4.0.3a changes?

I've seen that we're getting a talent tree reset in 4.0.3a (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021054423). The only changes I've been able to find, though, are the alterations to Holy Shock and Divine Storm. Are there additional modifications being made? I seems they only generally do talent tree resets when the changes are a bit more significant. Does anyone know where a more comprehensive list of changes can be found if they exist?

Thanks

PS -- Also, if anyone has any experience with the nerfed holy shock for healing, I'd like to hear what you think. Is it as bad as everyone's making it out to be?
Edited by Grissell on 11/19/2010 8:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
Well, I know they're changing Protector of the Innocent in holy tree to only heal the caster if the heal is applied to someone else

They're also changing Guarded By the Light in the prot tree to reduce the bonus WoG heal on the tank to only 10%, down from 60%.

Other than that I'm not entirely sure what else is being buffed/nerfed.

I am kinda glad they're giving us a reset, though since I was going to respec my pvp build anyway because of the PotI nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
also

Blessed Life: is on a 8 sec cooldown instead of 2 sec :O

Edited by Darksanin on 11/19/2010 9:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
either it is because several minor changes have gone in changing a few talents and they are allowing us to drop the nerfed ones, or they are repeating TBC and WotLK and there is a virtually untested rebuild ready to go live.

Given the state of ret even after the mess of 3.0.3 and the hot nerfs taking two content patches to get around to PvE balance (and never finding PvP balance) I really do hope there is an untested rebuild. As it stands ret is somehow even worse than WotLK for PvP and have a completely broken rotation in PvE along with a broken mastery stat, underwhelming 31 point talent, tedious 81 point talent and broken 85 point talent.

For months now I have been checking MMO champion every day hoping to see the patch that they address ret, or at least the blue post even acknowledging ret has issues. We are just over 2 weeks from the xpac and to say things are looking grim for ret is a huge understatement.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
The duration of Beacon of Light is increasing from 1 min. to 5 in Cata, though I'm not sure if that will come in 4.0.3a or not. Even if it is, that shouldn't change anyone's spec.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I have to agree with the original poster. Talent resets don't just "happen" for no good reason. I can't imagine that these little fixes are leading to a complete talent reset. It's easy enough to simply pay 52g for a respec. It's not going to break the bank or anything. I'm sure if you didn't have enough gold, you could just run a few AT dailies and you'd be set.

None of the changes to me, indicate something I would expect a talent reset on. BoL duration increased? So what? I'd take that anyway. PotI change? I'd still do 2/3 PotI and 3/3 JotP. If anyone had that differently, they can just pay to respec or keep it.

I'm utterly baffled by the respec reset. I just read it on mmo-champ and thought there would be major changes listed below, but there weren't. This is most peculiar. Perhaps they need a talent reset to fix some corrupted data in the system? I know my dwarven ret paladin friend has more mana than my paladin as ret. Perhaps there's still some bleed over from some old talents such as Divine Intellect?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

For months now I have been checking MMO champion every day hoping to see the patch that they address ret, or at least the blue post even acknowledging ret has issues. We are just over 2 weeks from the xpac and to say things are looking grim for ret is a huge understatement.

Prot and Holy perform well, they must be nerfed before ret can be buffed! Doesn't it suck knowing that a certain spec is almost always 3rd in line for fixes?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I was thinking the same thing, why a talent point reset? Doesn't seem like that much is changing from what I have read on MMOChamp.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
either it is because several minor changes have gone in changing a few talents and they are allowing us to drop the nerfed ones, or they are repeating TBC and WotLK and there is a virtually untested rebuild ready to go live.

Given the state of ret even after the mess of 3.0.3 and the hot nerfs taking two content patches to get around to PvE balance (and never finding PvP balance) I really do hope there is an untested rebuild. As it stands ret is somehow even worse than WotLK for PvP and have a completely broken rotation in PvE along with a broken mastery stat, underwhelming 31 point talent, tedious 81 point talent and broken 85 point talent.

never thought id be hoping for a untested build but boy do we need a new one.
Reply Quote
7 Tauren Shaman
i agree with everything zamm posted
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]