Battleground Latency

90 Undead Rogue
With the consolidation of all the battlegroups for battlegrounds, I'm just wondering: Was there any consideration for latency?

I live in Hawaii. Connecting to anything but a California server doubles (and in some cases, triples) my latency. My latency when connecting to a cali server is around 60-70. My latency in the battleground I'm in right now (I'm assuming a New York server) is 183. (Anyone who gets worse latency than this, please don't tell me your sob story. That's not what this is about.)

Just wondering if there is going to be any consideration for this in regards to rated battlegrounds. Playing at triple my latency, especially as a melee (and still even worse as a rogue/feral druid because of our positional attacks), is harsh. I specifically play on a Cali server to avoid these issues.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Well this explains why I was getting 300ms in some BGs.

That is slightly worrying. I play from Australia, and I chose a West Coast server so I can get 200 ms, 300 kind of gimps me.

We should be able to choose to only play on whatever region we like. =\

Yeah, I'm actually surprised it isn't getting more attention. I flipped out when I first read about it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Yeah, I'm actually surprised it isn't getting more attention. I flipped out when I first read about it.

I doubt many people actually realize, I figured I was just getting some lag in certain bgs.

Yeah, although it doesn't really matter. Blizzard generally doesn't care about latency concerns. Hell, the server they recommended me back in the day was a boston one. Couldn't be any more ass backwards. I had a tech support blue tell me that humans can't notice latency differences under 200ms, so my concerns weren't valid. (This was for a different problem a while ago, but it's a good indication of their mindset)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I had a tech support blue tell me that humans can't notice latency differences under 200ms, so my concerns weren't valid.

Pfffffffhahahaha
Edited by Kanoi on 11/19/2010 10:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I had a tech support blue tell me that humans can't notice latency differences under 200ms, so my concerns weren't valid.

Pfffffffhahahaha

My thoughts exactly.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Is this one of those issues that people genuinely don't care about? I'm actually baffled.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Your topic would likely garner more responses were it posted in the forum it belongs in.

The only other forum I can post this in is general. General forum is filled with so many roleplaying, off topic posts about "My character's boob jiggle wrong" and other such nonsense that this got even less views/responses.

Furthermore, because this is directly related to melee dps in pvp, I think this forum could be used to discuss it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]