Topic The Shattering: Zone Changes
Edited by Frejya on 11/23/10 2:27 PM (PST)
This was originally posted in the old Cataclysm forums, so I figured it would be nice to post here, seeing as how 4.0.3a is somewhere on the horizon ;) To my knowledge, the info is still up to date.
a. Old World
Leave what you knew of Azeroth behind, ladies and gents, for Deathwing has blasted a path of destruction through everything we once held dear!
- Azeroth will change for all players, regardless of whether the expansion is purchased
- Many classic “Old World” zones have been remade; others have had their quests vastly streamlined (“The terrain is not guaranteed to change in every zone, many zones are likely going to stay the same terrain-wise but the questing will get the clean up.”)
- Alterac Mountains:
* It has been confirmed that Alterac Mountains will no longer be its own zone, and will be a subzone of Hillsbrad Foothills.
* The Horde entrance to Alterac Valley will gain a flight path.
* The hills previously occupied by the Syndicate appear to have been taken over by the Stormpike Guard.
- Arathi Highlands:
The Arathi Highlands will be a 25-30 zone in Cataclysm. Areas affected :
* Faldir's Cove – Clearly marked path carved through the hills east of Stromgarde Keep
* Thandol Span – Dark Iron camp near the Span now is home to a friendly Dark Iron Entrepreneur who sells rare items
* Thoradin's Wall – Forsaken encampment with flight path added near wall, Galen's Fall
* Other – NW of Refuge Pointe there is now a dwarven-constructed tunnel leading to The Hinterlands
* Astranaar – under attack by Horde; still controlled by Alliance with quests; Alliance camps across the lake – in the hills above is a Horde camp, with inn and flight master
* Greenpaw Village – partially destroyed by Horde; furbolg taken prisoner
* The Howling Vale – taken over by hostile ancients
* Iris Lake - destroyed
* Lake Falathim – Murlocs gone, taken over by Tentacles from Below; very dark and dank
* Maestra's Post – under siege by the Horde
* Orendil's Retreat – previously empty first structure inside Ashenvale (from Darkshore) is now an Alliance quest hub
* Raynewood Retreat – ground covered in lilac; under attack by the Horde; Raynewood Tower is also now nearby, also under attack – Alliance quests here
* The Ruins of Ordil'Aran – taken over by the Thistlefur, connected to Thistlefur Village
* The Ruins of Stardust – south of this is a new Alliance camp with flight path, right next to the new path leading into Stonetalon Mountains
* 'Shael'dryn's Well' – this entire area, almost up to the moonwell, is now a river of molten fire
* Silverwind Refuge – taken by Horde and deforested
* Silverwing Outpost – new bridge leads to Moonwell
* Splintertree Post – under attack by Alliance; all Horde outside near road have been killed
* Warsong Lumber Camp – half taken by Alliance; now has Alliance quest hub
* Zoram'gar Outpost – expanded and fortified; many derelict Horde and Alliance boats in the water nearby
* The Zoram Strand – Alliance flight path/small encampment added near instance; new models for Naga
Now a low-level Goblin zone!
* Bay of Storms – basically contains one big island for the Goblin city – Bilgewater Harbor
* Bitter Reaches – part converted to a charred vale full of dragons (and one 83 elite)
* Forlorn Ridge – strip mining operation in place by the Goblins
* Lake Mennar – no dragonkin; now inhabited by spirits with changed geography
* Ravencrest Monument – still exists, used for Horde quests
* Rethress Sanctum - destroyed
* The Ruined Reaches – far western end overrun by Gnomes
* Ruins of Eldarath – north of here is Blackmaw Hold, a cave system similar to Timbermaw Hold; Ruins are no longer hidden within the hills
* Scalebeard's Cave - destroyed
* Shadowsong Shrine - destroyed
* The Shattered Strand – much of this has been changed into a battle between the Naga and Goblins
* Talrendis Point – expanded into full 'town', but doesn't appear to be any Alliance quests
* Temple of Arkkoran - destroyed
* Temple of Zin-Malor – new enemies within; new boss
* Thalassian Base Camp – now the Darnassian Base Camp
* Valormok – under attack by the Alliance
* Other – race track runs through much of Azshara for use by the Horde for quick transportation; back entrance to Orgrimmar now, goblins seem to run the length of it, making it look almost like a second district
- Azuremyst Isle:
* Azure Watch – flight master added
* Valaar's Berth – boat now runs to Rut'theran Village rather than Auberdine
* Angor Fortress – from just south of here all the way to the SW corner of the Badlands is a swath of destruction (named Scar of the Worldbreaker), with charred desert and the tops of mountains sliced off and glowing with lava – former areas included in the destruction include Camp Wurg, much of The Dustbowl and most of Mirage Flats
* Agmond's End - most of the mobs in the camp proper have been slain and the camp is now home to the Gnome, Dr. Hieronymous Blam who seems to have created a number of Blam Turrets nearby
* Hammertoe's Digsite – the dwarf camp south of the site now contains an Alliance flight path and has been named Dustwind Dig
* Kargath – buried by an avalanche, and the Ruins of Kargath are now inhabited by black dragon whelps; New Kargath has been rebuilt nearby with updated architecture and fortifications in the area formerly known as Apocryphan's Rest; to the southeast of New Kargath is an Alliance quest hub, Dragon's Mouth
* Lethlor Ravine – above the ravine is a neutral Goblin outpost with flight master (Fuselight); following the path outside of town and across the opposite side of the ravine leads to a Goblin transporter that connects to another goblin-themed town over the hill and along the coast - Fuselight-by-the-Sea; the ravine appears to have been widened in some places and near the opening is a small camp, Rhea's Camp, manned by the Goblin, Rhea
* Scar of the Worldbreaker - see Angor above; it seems three notable NPCs have been relocated here at a small camp of their own: Lucien Tosselwrench, Martek the Exiled, and Theldurin the Lost. It is unknown where Lucien's and Martok's former comrades are
* Tomb of the Watchers - located near Dustind Dig and north of the new Horde camp of Bloodwatcher Point, this dig site appears to share many qualities with the nearby dungeon of Uldaman and is being excavated by both Horde and Alliance diggers
* Other – a deep chasm runs between Badlands and Loch Modan – it is uncertain as of this time how players will proceed into the zone from Loch Modan
- The Barrens has been split in two:
* Boulder Lode Mine – west of here is a new Horde outpost, Nozzlepot's Outpost, complete with flight path
* The Crossroads – south of here some Sunscale Lashtail have created a large nest in the newly divided hills
* The Dry Hills – due south of here is the Great Divide, which separates Northern Barrens from Southern Barrens; also seem to be a new Horde dwelling near the divide
* Far Watch Post – south of here near the banks of the Southfury River is a deep Razormane cave; the Razormane have unsuccessfully attacked the Horde buildings nearby and set fire to one of them
* Fray Island – now has a dock and pirate boat
* Grol'dom Farm – slightly expanded, under attack by the Quilboar
* 'Humar the Pridelord' Tree – an uninhabited camp has been set up here for those wanting to wait and tame Humar
* Lushwater Oasis – bisected by Great Divide
* The Merchant Coast – the Alliance have taken this area, added a dock and boat (players can't use it), tower and small enclosure; Horde have the hills above closer to Northwatch (though this is technically included as part of the Southern Barrens now)
* Mor'shan Rampart – under attack by the Alliance
* Southfury River – one the southern bank of the river is a Ratchet NPC and a Riverboat with small dock
* The Stagnant Oasis – in the hills SE of here there is a path leading up to a new Horde NPC, Jerrik Highmountain at what appears to be a stone, Tauren-created circle
* Bael Modan – slightly expanded with new stonework; tiny Horde camp set just to the north called Spearhead
* Bael Modan Excavation Site – now attacked by Horde raiders, though Bael Modan itself is not
* Blackthorn Ridge – the northern corner now has a Goblin-run mine
* Camp Taurajo – burned down by Alliance forces and is now being looted; the nearby road to Mulgore is now blocked by a Tauren-erected gate, The Great Gate
* Field of Giants – west side taken by the Horde who have erected Desolation Hold and are constantly fighting with the Alliance; east side taken by the Alliance, called Fort Triumph; both have flight paths and serve as quest hubs
* Fields of Blood – the Quilboar have more defenses in some areas, but have lost an encampment to the Horde, now called Vendetta Point near Camp Taurajo
* The Great Lift – the road running north of here almost all the way to Blackthorn Ridge has been overrun with giant brambles; the Lift itself appears to be destroyed; just outside the brambles is Mankrik, elite now and fighting the Quilboar; further north is a small, neutral quest hub called Firestone Point, run by the Earthen Ring
* Honor's Stand – the Alliance have taken this pass into Stonetalon Mountains and are erected a gate of their own while fighting off the Horde; full-fledged Alliance camp here with flight master; the Horde have a camp of their own just south of here in the hills called Hunter's Hill, with a flight path and 'The High Road' to enter Stonetalon Mountains
* The Overgrowth – the lands south of the Lushwater Oasis have become overgrown and lush; there is a new Horde camp on the NE side, Camp Una'fe, that houses some of the Camp Taurajo refugees; further to the east is another encampment where Naralex awaits with quests; further east and on the edge of the Overgrowth is a small Alliance camp, Teegan's Expedition
* Northwatch Hold – Controlled by the Alliance and is now a quest hub with flight master; a road leads from the back side down to the shores shared with Dustwallow Marsh where a dock sits – the boat seems to come from the Eastern Kingdoms (according to the NPC); The Hold is under constant attack by the Horde, who have a small camp just to the north in the hills and ships in the water; due west of here and near the main road is an Alliance encampment, Forward Command
- Blasted Lands:
* Dreadmaul Hold – appears to be expanded and taken by the Horde
* Nethergarde Keep – southern wall has been opened with a path leading to the beach where a lot of Gilnean ghosts wander near their shattered ships
* Nethergarde Mines (Garrison Armory) – taken over by the Horde
* The Tainted Scar – completely revamped playable area, very moody and foggy (Daio is still here); Worgen-themed town with flight master to the very south
* Other – SE of the Dark Portal is a new area uncovered by the lowering of the tides, the Red Reaches, ruled by murloc-enslaving naga; constant fighting between Horde and Alliance mobs between Keep and Mines
* New Hunter Pets – Bonepicker Feeder (Carrion, Green), Felscale Crawler (crab)
- Bloodmyst Isle:
* No noticeable changes
- Burning Steppes:
* Blackrock Mountain – You can access the Blackwing Descent raid by flying up to the balcony on the side of the mountain; due south of the mountain is a neutral Thorium Brotherhood camp called Flamestar Post that serves as a small quest hub with a flight path
* Draco'dar – due south of here and over the hills connected to Elwynn Forest is an abandoned camp and a small cave in the hills
* The Pillar of Ash – the entire area has been renamed Black Tooth Hovel and is occupied by members of the Blackrock clan and their allies; south of here and over the hills is a very large lake
* Ruins of Thaurissan – in the SW section is a large neutral encampment run by the Thorium Brotherhood called Chiselgrip; it has a flight path and serves as a quest hub
* Terror Wing Path – in the SE section the Redridge Highway connects and leads high into the hills, leading all the way through Redridge Mountains and into the Swamp of Sorrows; there appears to be a quick mode of transportation between the two: The Bogpaddle Bullet, a rocket that will fly from one end of the highway to the other
* Blackrock Stronghold - the area in front of the Stronghold is now called the Fields of Honor; troops hostile to both the Horde and Alliance are massing here and include Blackrock Soldiers, Blackrock Sergeants, Smolderthorn Assassins, and Firegut Flamespeakers
* Altar of Storms - has been taken by orcs of the Blackrock clan
* The Whelpling Downs - a new area in the southwest region of the zone, including the shelf above; occupied by members of the Blackrock clan and Flamescale Broodlings; within this area there are several fettered whelplings of various dragonflights that can be set free, including Green, Bronze, Blue, and Red
* It appears that the Black Dragonspawn and their ilk, excluding the Flamescale Broodlings, are no longer found in the western section of the zone
* Ameth'Aran - due west of Ameth there is a large area on fire, all the way to the shore called the Burning Strand; to the NW stands Malfurion, holding the destructive forces at bay in a Vortex; Ameth taken over by earth elementals; Twilight Cult cave nearby
* Auberdine - destroyed; north is a Twilight Cult encampment; Auberdine is taken over by air elementals and a very large, elite elemental boss; small refugee camp outside town
* Bashal'Aran - taken by the undead Highborne; river flood continues to the east and is overtaken by Naga
* Blackwood Den - greatly expanded into Furbolg fortification
* Cliffspring Falls - cave above is taken by Grell and Satyr
* Cliffspring River - sunk into huge maelstrom
* Dancing Troll Village - fought over by Horde and Alliance; 'Shatterspear Vale'
* Grove of the Ancients - very green; hemmed in by frozen ancients; has flight path
* The Master's Glaive - the Twilight Cultists have uncovered a very large 'something' here and a new kind of Twilight guard the area
* Mist's Edge - full of water elementals
* Remtravel's Excavation - area around appears to have been struck by a large tidal wave; Excavation is flooded and crawling with Murlocs; still a quest area
* Ruins of Mathystra - Murloc camp alone the shores nearby; Horde appear to have taken over; Horde town located to the north with flight path called the Shatterspear War Camp
* Tower of Althalaxx - completely destroyed, trees aflame, looting by the Horde
* Twilight Shore - large Naga ruins have been unearthed due to the tidal wave to the south called Nazj'vel
* Other - new town of Lor'danel established north of Auberdine; the furbolg on the west side of Darkshore seem to be contained in one camp now; Wildkin burrows are destroyed and spirits haunt area
- Deadwind Pass:
* No noticeable changes
* Ethel Rethor – small Blood Elf Horde camp near entrance with Flight Master called Furien's Post; Cenarion Researcher Korrah from the Cenarion Circle replaces Azore Aldamort as a quest giver – includes a neutral flight path
* Kodo Graveyard – half collapsed into a deep chasm; chasm stretches from Graveyard to the shore in the west; other half of Graveyard is lush and green
* Kolkar Village – taken over by the Magram and fortified; north of here is a small camp where you will find Cenarion Ambassador Thunk (Thunk's Abode), a member of the Cenarion Circle that offers quests and a neutral flight path
* Magram Village – taken over by the Burning Blade and renamed Shok'thokar; also has a tower in it now
* Mannoroc Coven – relatively unchanged, but there are green fireballs that now plummet from the sky on occasion
* Ranazjar Isle – an elite elemental, Lord Hydronis, now roams this isle, killing Naga he encounters; due south there is a large island with a ruined temple that has been pushed up from the ocean, full of Naga
* Sar'theris Strand – islands have been pushed up from the ocean full of Naga and Giants
* Sargeron – relatively unchanged, but now the Satyr are siphoning off energy from several artifacts of Elune (these artifacts give quests)
* Thargad's Camp - a new Explorer's League outpost.
* Valley of Spears – the northern hills, just beyond the horn, have collapsed into the ocean
* Other – the center of Desolace is now the Cenarion Wildlands and is lush and green with a giant tree at the center; it includes Kormek's Hut, the Kodo Graveyard, Ghost Walker Post, and Scrabblescrew's Camp; there is a full-fledged Cenarion Circle camp in the Wildlands called Karnum's Glade, complete with flight master and inn
- Dun Morogh:
* Chill Breeze Valley – Gnome-themed ‘gate’ added
* Frostmane Hold – taken by Troggs
* Gnomeregan – Gnome area outside and around here
* Gol'Bolar Quarry – flight path added
* Helm's Bed Lake – taken over by water elementals; troggs appear to be gone; dwarf camp set up near north shore
* Ironforge Airfield – now a quest hub; has a flight path from/to the Gol'Bolar Quarry
* Kharanos – flight path added as well as tents for Mountaineers
* Misty Pine Refuge – more NPCs
* Shimmer Ridge – new path added on Ironforge side, settlement slightly expanded
* Steelgrill's Depot – slightly expanded for quest purposes
* The Tundrid Hills – Frostmane trolls have large camp set up here called Frostmane Retreat
* Other – Path leading NW of Ironforge has been destroyed by avalanches; to the SE of Kharanos there is an ongoing battle between the Frostmane and the Dwarves; Enormous chasm separates Dun Morogh from the Searing Gorge; there are a number of abandoned little campsites and a cave in the high hills
* Bladefist Bay – now has a dock and is heavily fortified and protected all the way to the gates of Orgrimmar
* Echo Isles – taken over by Trolls
* Kolkar Crag – taken over by Alliance from Northwatch
* Razor Hill – road from here to Northern Barrens Bridge is flooded
* Rocktusk Farm – Zeppelin towers removed from here and further down, positioned within Orgrimmar itself
* Scuttle Coast – hit by giant wave almost to Razor Hill; many injured soldiers and water elementals as well as broken ships
* Skull Rock – entrance attacked by Horde
* Southfury River – much of the land on the east bank is flooded
* Thunder Ridge – flooded, Thunder Lizards drowned
* Tiragarde Keep – held by Northwatch Alliance soldiers
* Tor'kren Farm – intact, but much of the land from here to the Northern Barrens Bridge is swampy
* Valley of Trials – mailbox, training dummies added; Northwatch scouts inside; several swine farms now
* Beggar's Haunt – Abercrombie is now here, no Horde presence
* The Hushed Bank – mobs changed to owls and bears; camp of Lars and Sven Yorgen taken over by Grave Robbers
* Raven Hill – flight master, small Worgen camp established
* Raven Hill Cemetery – Abercrombie moved closer to Darkshire
* The Yorgen Farmstead – no humanoids, but new elemental mobs - Corpseweed
* New Hunter Pets - Barn Owl
- Dustwallow Marsh:
* Mudsprocket – two new quest givers added for Horde and Alliance; path leads from Mudsprocket through the Wyrmbog and into Thousand Needles
* Theramore Isle – new highway runs from Theramore across Dustwallow Bay and directly west to the Southern Barrens
- Eastern Plaguelands:
* Acherus: The Ebon Hold – for now it appears that non-Death Knights can use their flying mounts to get here; all NPCs are friendly
* Corin's Crossing – a new tower (Light's Shield Tower) has been established near here; taken by the Argent Crusade; neutral flight master here; hill is covered in grass
* Crown Guard Tower - taken by the Argent Crusade; neutral flight master here; hill is covered in grass
* Eastwall Tower - taken by the Argent Crusade; neutral flight master here; hill is covered in grass
* Light's Hope Chapel – walled in and fortified with a cemetery in the back
* Marris Stead - Nathanos Marris is nowhere to be seen
* Northdale – now has a lake filled with Plague Monstrosities
* Northpass Tower – taken by the Argent Crusade; neutral flight master here; hill is covered in grass; at the bottom of the hill is a large pit filled with burning undead
* The Pestilent Scar – flooded to the rim, with bridges constructed to cross
* Plaguewood Tower - taken by the Argent Crusade; neutral flight master here; hill is covered in grass and tower is fortified against attack
* Quel'Lithien Lodge - All of the high elves here have become wretched.
* Ruins of the Scarlet Enclave - The dock at the former King's Harbor is now manned and provides seagoing transport to Fuselight-by-the-Sea, a neutral goblin town in the Badlands to the south.
* Thondroril River – Tirion Fordring is no longer at his river-side hovel, now residing in Hearthglen in the Western Plaguelands.
- Elwynn Forest:
* Eastvale Logging Camp – flight path added
* Forest's Edge – Hogger has his own hill now and waits for players
* Goldshire – flight path added
* Northshire Abbey – training dummies added
* Northshire Vineyards – big charred mess, taken over by Blackrock Orcs
* Other - Group of 10 level 80 elite guards seem to patrol the roads
- Eversong Woods:
* Fairbreeze Village – a flight master has been added here
* Falconwing Square – a flight master has been added here
* Sunspire - Wounded Outrunners now crouching inside; Well Watcher Solanian is now inside the spire; Training Dummies and Mailbox added outside
* Other - Warrior Trainers added at quest hubs
* Bloodvenom Post – expanded and heavily fortified, but no longer occupied by the Horde
* Deadwood Village – slightly expanded and fortified
* Emerald Sanctuary – remodeling of buildings, added new one; Grazle relocated here
* Felpaw Village – proper entrance now, with more Furbolg within, has a few more buildings
* Irontree Woods – full of Goblin equipment; Goblin-themed Horde town to the northeast with flight master
* Jadefire Run – noticeable entry and exit, has demonic architecture now; appears to be no longer populated by demons; rather, contains a large amount of Whisperwind Healers (or are they?)
* Ruins of Constellas – section of regrowth within that is home to Eridan Bluewind and Arcanist Delaris, a Highborne; nearby is Shadowlurk Ridge, populated by a large mass of Jadefire Imps; the demons in the northeast area of the ruins are under attack by the druidic Emerald Bearkin and the path to Xavathras is blocked by a large wall of fire
* Shatter Scar Vale – Niby the Almighty is gone
* Talonbranch Glade – converted to Gilneas-themed camp
* Timbermaw Hold – new Timbermaw-style entrance
* Whisperwind Grove - a druidic town adjacent to Irontree Woods and south of Jadefire Run; neutral, it has an inn, flight master, mailbox, and stable master
* Wildheart Point - a new Cenarion Circle hub located east of Jaedenar; has a flight path, inn, and mailbox
* Winna's Kitten is now tamable and all grown up
* Dire Maul – to the west of here is a new Horde town with flight master, Stonemaul Hold; in the hills north above here is a very large lake with an abandoned burning, destroyed Alliance tower.
* Dream Bough – due south of here on the shores of Jademir Lake is an Alliance hub with flight master, Dreamer's Rest.
* Feathermoon Stronghold – original is in ruins on the island and is currently the scene of a war between the Sentinels. and Naga; new, much larger stronghold and quest hub has been built on the mainland across the water.
* Feral Scar Vale – intact; to the east is a new Alliance outpost with flight master, the Tower of Estulan.
* The Forgotten Coast – new location of Feathermoon Stronghold, which takes up much of the central coastline; Zorbin Fandazzle has been moved up to the main road.
* Frayfeather Highlands – Hippogryphs appear to be friendly mobs now, with the exception of a single rare mob. Just south of this area at co-ords 52,72 there is a deserted camp hidden in the hills.
* Gordunni Outpost – east of here and high in the hills in an abandoned lake and Tauren camp.
* Isle of Dread – sunk to the bottom of the ocean; can still be seen, but get the 'Fatigue'; warning when trying to swim to it.
* Lower Wilds – now has a peak within called The Emerald Summit; Lower Wilds inhabited by Corrupted Dryads.
* Rage Scar Hold – intact; west of here there appears to be a green-tinged corrupted Moonwell of sorts.
* Ruins of Isilden – intact; east of here are the Darkmist Ruins, very dreary and inhabited by Highborne Poltergeists; due south of the Ruins of Isilden, up and over the hills leading to Silithus, is an abandoned, Tauren-themed camp – nearby is a very large lake which can also be seen on the main map.
* Ruins of Ravenwind – southeast of here is a new Horde hub with flight master, Camp Ataya.
* Thalanaar – expanded and renamed New Thalanaar, however it is under constant attack by the Grimtotem and is no longer a quest hub/flight path.
* Woodpaw Hills – in the east up in the hills is a small Alliance camp with a flight path, Shadebough.
* No noticeable changes
* Hillsbrad Fields – becomes a Forsaken-themed area with searchlight towers, renamed The Sludge Fields. Has an inn. The human dwellers appear to have fled to Fenris Isle.
* Southpoint Tower – now a Forsaken-themed camp with a matching wall between Hillsbrad and Silverpine Forest; renamed Southpoint Gate; has a flight path and quest hub
* Southshore – attacked and claimed by the Forsaken; now the Ruins of Southshore — covered in green muck with plague tanks still standing;is a quest hub and has a flight path
* Tarren Mill – all buildings updated with Forsaken design
* Azurelode Mine - taken by the Forsaken and is now a minor quest hub
* Sofera's Naze - taken by SI:7 Assassins
* Corrahn's Dagger - taken by Stormpike clan dwarves
* The Headland - taken by Stormpike clan dwarves and now seems to serve as their training/dueling grounds
* Lordamere Internment Camp - no nothing more than a small farm with a little building
* Purgation Isle - no longer do ghosts roam here, now Stormpike clan dwarves and Worgen control the isle
* Eastpoint Tower - taken from the Syndicate by the Forsaken; now a quest hub with a flight master and an inn
* Dun Garok - something dreadful has happened here, as all the dwarves are dead and the area is now haunted by Dun Garok Spirits
* Durnholde Keep - the Syndicate has lost this area, and it is now controlled by a handful of elite mobs: Zephyrus, Teracula, D-1000, Infernus, and Bloodvenom
* Gavin's Naze - filled with what look like Alliance tanks
* Other - A Sasquatch now roams around
* Agol'watha – taken by the Vilebranch trolls
* Hiri'watha – turned into a research station/quest hub by the Forsaken
* Jintha'Alor – Horde now have a very small encampment at the base of here; pit in second-to-last tier that holds a large, roped troll; top cave now filled with spiders, exterior area filled with sacrificed Vilebranch trolls; area where bird cage used to be there are now three Wildhammer Clan NPCs
* Quel'Danil Lodge - new Alliance quests
* Revantusk Village – more direct path now carved down to Village; shoreline flooded nearby
* Shaol'watha – Revantusk and Wildhammer Clan fighting here; Wildhammer Clan has gained the troll outposts nearby
* Shindigger's Camp – aesthetic improvements to path; same with path leading to Plaguelands
* Wildhammer Keep – Innkeeper moved to entrance
* NW of Shaol'watha is a Wildhammer Clan inn with a flight master
* Arathi Highlands is now reachable by a new tunnel to the south, near Shadra'Alor.
- Loch Modan:
* The Farstrider Lodge – flight master added
* Grizzlepaw Ridge – now inhabited by a named Dark Iron Spy, Gorick Guzzledraught
* Ironband's Excavation Site – new cave added near here called Ironwing Cavern, filled with hostile Proto-Striders and Haywire Battle-Chickens
* The Loch – 90% drained dry from destruction of the Stonewrought Dam; where the troggs used to be is now a Twilight camp
* Mo'grosh Stronghold – yes, you can see an enormous tower from the Twilight Highlands above the Stronghold; no, you cannot fly to it
* Stonesplinter Valley – new deep cave system to the left as you enter; cave system taken out up the second hill
* Stonewrought Dam – hole punched into it; taken over by Dark Iron Clan
* Other – deep chasm separates normal entry between Loch Modan and the Badlands; Mosshide Gnolls now inhabit the areas west of Thelsamar
* New Hunter Pets – Loch Buzzard, Golden Eagle, Bobcat (BE starter), Hill Fox
* No noticeable changes
* Bael'dun Digsite – Dwarves are all dead; area taken over by Agitated Earth Spirits
* Brambleblade Ravine – the area before this is now known as the Thorn Snarl, primarily consisting of scorched earth, a large lake, and an ongoing fight between the Tauren and Quilboar
* Camp Narache – to the west rises Fargaze Mesa; a road now leads north to the remainder of Mulgore
* Red Cloud Mesa – Seer Graytongue's tent is burned down; the original exit to the remainder of Mulgore has been covered by a rockslide – all that remains now is taken over by the Quilboar in a nest of brambles dubbed Thornmantle's Hideout
* Red Rocks – Lorekeeper Raintotem has been moved from here to due west of here in a new Horde camp (hub), Camp Sungraze; in the hills above Red Rocks is an empty cave system as well as an abandoned Tauren camp nearby
* The Venture Co. Mine – Supervisor Fizsprocket is now located at the front of the mine
* Wildmane Water Well – there is a Grimtotem camp with a road that leads above Stonetalon Mountains called Stonetalon Pass (though there is no way to continue on to Stonetalon Mountains from the road) – the Grimtotem and Thunder Bluff Tauren are fighting for the road
* Other – The Great Gate now separates Mulgore from the Southern Barrens; most of the Water Wells are now roamed by the Grimtotem
- Redridge Mountains:
* Alther's Mill – taken by Blackrock Clan orcs with very large worg pen
* Blackrock Pass – now patrolled by Blackrock Clan orcs and an elite named mob
* Lake Everstill – Camp Everstill added on East side; flight path; dock repaired on East side of bridge; now has Freshwater Eels
* Lakeridge Highway – Gnolls have more camps SE of Lakeshire; stealthed Blackrock Hunters further down the road
* Lakeshire – bridge is (finally) repaired!
* Redridge Canyons – elite Ettin added to area; Yowler has an open-air den of his own now
* Render's Valley – Blackrock camp established with towers and elite mobs, including riders on dragons
* Shalewind Canyon – flight path added
* Stonewatch – back door bridge has been destroyed; Keeshan’s Post established across from front entrance with impaled orcs; all of Stonewatch, including the post, seemed abandoned
* Three Corners – tower has been erected here with guards
* Tower of Ilgalar – sealed by magical gate
* Other – Redridge Highway runs from the Burning Steppes to the Swamp of Sorrows above the NE section of Redridge; all dragon whelps have been removed
* New Hunter Pets: Dire Condor, Redridge Fox, Redridge Fox Cub, Forest Stalker (Fox)
* Non-instanced AQ is now a zone, The Fallen Kingdom
- Silverpine Forest:
* The Sepulcher - Reinforced with Forsaken architecture seen in Northrend and now has a proper road leading to it.
* Greymane Wall - has been destroyed opening up access to an empty Gilneas. The nearby refugee camp is gone.
* Beren's Peril – SE of here an open wall of Forsaken design that separates Silverpine from Hillsbrad Foothills
* The Dead Field – it appears this has been replaced with a new Forsaken encampment, the Forsaken Rear Guard
* The Decrepit Ferry – plague tanks are on and leading up to the ferry dock
* Fenris Isle – Rothide Gnolls are gone, replaced by Hillsbrad Refugees
* The Ivar Patch – NE of here is a new hub called the Forsaken High Command
* North Tide's Run – now the North Tide's Beachhead, where Worgen have successfully destroyed several Horde ships and war machines
* Olsen's Farthing – hills between this area and The Sepulcher have been opened; appears to have been taken by the Forsaken for a bit, but now is under the control of Bloodfang Stalkers
* Pyrewood Village – north of here is now called The Forsaken Front; area around here is now charred from battle; a road leads from the Village to Gilneas through the Greymane Wall (though not to Gilneas City), and the area beneath the road is flooded
* The Shining Strand – taken by the Forsaken – Murlocs are gone
* Ambermill – taken by the Forsaken, as part of a quest chain
* Other – the road running through Silverpine has been greatly improved; an open wall now separates Silverpine from Tirisfal Glades, built with Forsaken architecture, and there are several plague tanks at the entrance; a new elite mob wanders the west shores of Silverpine, the Forest Ettin; all the Dalaran-type mobs seem to be holed up in Amber Mill now and are not on the main roads
* New Hunter Pets – Skitterweb Lurker (Spider)
- Searing Gorge:
* Badlands border - a new camp has been established by the Thorium Brotherhood called Thorium Advance
* Blackrock Mountain – northeast of Blackrock is a new neutral encampment, Iron Summit, headed by a dwarf whose allegiances are questionable, to say the least; the camp of Nilith Lokrav is now populated by Dark Iron dwarves
* Dustfire Valley - the camp formerly run by Dark Iron dwarves has been abandoned
* Kalaran's camp, near Thorium Point, is now home to the Dark Irons
* Tanner Camp - now empty
* The Slag Pit - the lowest reaches are now inhabited by Searing Flamewraiths led by a level 50 elite flamewaker, Archduke Calcinder
* Magma Elementals are new mobs added to the area; Incendosaurs now live above ground, in and around the new camp of Iron Summit (see above)
* Other – the area between Searing Gorge and Dun Morogh is now a deep chasm; the wandering Shadowsilk Poachers of the Undermarket don't appear to roam through the gorge any longer
- Stonetalon Mountains:
* The Charred Vale – finally lives up to its name; mountains opened to the sea and filled with lava, black dragons, and fire elementals; path to Desolace is intact; path to Sunrock Retreat intact, though a fork to the right now leads through a Highborne undead area, the Ruins of Eldre'thar, and on to Sishir Canyon
* Cragpool Lake – now home to an enormous fish, Cragjaw; the last of the Venture Company in the area appear to have remained here; high above the Venture Company structure and in the mountains is an abandoned human camp near a lake with a decayed boat
* Grimtotem Post – to the east and high in the hills is the Alliance quest hub of the Northwatch Expedition Base Camp with flight master, inn, and mine; to the east of the Base Camp is the Horde-controlled strip mine, the Unearthed Ground, which appears to have been taken by force from the Dwarves; all Grimtotem areas, including the Grimtotem Post, appear to under attack by the Horde
* Malaka'jin – an expanded quest hub with flight master; it is from here the Horde launch their attacks against the nearby Grimtotem areas; The High Road from the Southern Barrens connects here
* Mirkfallon Lake – taken over by the Horde, with a Goblin-themed establishment with an oil platform and flight master; a path over the hills joins Mirkfallon with Windshear Crag; to the SW of the Lake is an Alliance post, Mirkfallon Post, manned by Night Elf Rogues, complete with a flight path
* Sishir Canyon – appears to have been opened up near Webwinder Path and invaded by spiders. The canyon also leads to the newly discovered Ruins of Eldre'thar.
* Stonetalon Peak – full of invading tentacles and Corrupted Sentinels; Alliance have a new town, Thal'darah Overlook, to the SE of the intact Talon Den; opposite Thal'darah and very high in the mountains is a new Horde establishment, with flight path, called Cliffwalker Post, accessible by lift; the mountains south of Stonetalon Peak have opened into two new areas: the northern most is Battlescar Valley where the Horde and Alliance are fighting, and the new area adjoining this is Thal'darah Grove – beyond which lies Farwatcher's Glen, another Alliance controlled hub with flight master manned by Night Elves and Worgen
* The Talondeep Path – now the Talondeep Pass, a path blown open in the mountains between Stonetalon Mountains and Ashenvale; appears to be primarily Horde-controlled; Trueshot Point sits on the western side, Alliance controlled with sniper cannons
* Webwinder Path – Horde have barricaded the road close to Boulderslide Ravine, though it is easy to walk around
* Windshear Crag – the entrance has been taken by the Alliance and Windshear Hold established with an inn and flight path; the SE of Windhsear Hold and across the Crag the Horde have established Krom'gar Fortress, with their own inn and flight master, and also their own mine; Goblin and Gnome machines fight in the valley below
* Windshear Mine – taken by the Horde
* Other – mobs added to the area include Rams and Eagles; far to the East of Windshear Mine, high in the mountains bordering The Northern Barrens is an abandoned Tauren hut with a large peace pipe – the is also a large lake nearby with a Tauren canoe; the Night Elf and Tauren ruins above the Talon Den are still there
- Stranglethorn Vale: Now divided into two separate zones!
- Northern Stranglethorn:
* Grom'gol Base Camp – the lands just south of here have collapsed into a large whirlpool
* Nesingwary's Expedition - now a large encampment with a proper road leading to it
* Venture Company Base Camp – all deforested
* Ziata'jai Ruins – just south of here is a new Alliance camp with flight path called Fort Livingston
* Zul'Gurub – empty ogre camp with lake in the south; new troll-themed Horde encampment just south with flight master called Bambala; raid has been removed and area is now a quest hub
* The Sundering - Large vortex on the border between Northern Stranglethorn and Cape of Stranglethorn
* Most of the structures on Yojamba Isle appear to have been removed.
* New Hunter Pets - Vale Howler (Monkey)
- Cape of Stranglethorn:
* Crystalvein Mine – no longer surrounded by hills, thanks to collapse into watery chasm at northern end (separating Cape of Stranglethorn from Northern Stranglethorn)
* Gurubashi Arena – mobs behind arena have been changed (Tethis is no longer there and has been moved to Northern Stranglethorn); new PvP quest added
* Mistvale Valley – north of here is a new Alliance encampment put together by the Explorers' League, with flight path called the Explorers' League Dig Site
* Ruins of Jubuwal – zombies seem to have spilled out and now inhabit both sides of the road
* Southern Savage Coast – along the coast near Gurubashi Arena is now a Goblin-themed Horde town called Hardwrench Hideaway; further south where you hunt naga, the naga now have proper structures along the shore and in the hills
* The Crystal Shore – massive oil pipes have been erected in the water
* Other – north of Booty Bay there is now a Bloodsail Recruiter in the hills
* New Hunter Pets – Skymane Bonobo (Monkey)
- Swamp of Sorrows:
* The Harborage- Slight redesign, has been reinforced with standard draenei architecture. Flight Master added.
* Pool of Tears- Eastern area of the lake is open to the sea.
* Other- A new Alliance town has been built on the lakeside of the Pool of Tears. A new port named Bogpaddle is toward the top of the zone.
* Itharius's Cave has been renamed Purespring Cavern and Itharius has relocated to the top of the Sunken Temple; the whelps have all been replaced by Purespring Elementals
* Misty Reed Strand – judging by the flags, it looks as if a pirate encampment is being added at the southern end; at the very northern end is a new neutral goblin town, Bogpaddle, complete with flight master and port, though it is unclear at this point where the boat travels to, presumably the new port at Gadgetzan in Tanaris
* Misty Valley - the elementals have been replaced by Misty Grells, and the Mire Lord has been replaced with a panther, Duskfang
* Sorrowmurk – a goblin outpost is now located here; nearby on the shore is what appears to be a pirate encampment, judging by the flags – further into the water is a pirate ship
* Other – there appear to be more torch-lit paths and bridges twisting through the swamp
* Dunemaul Compound – to the NE is a small Horde camp, the Dunemaul Recruitment Camp
* Eastmoon Ruins – taken by the Southsea Pirates
* Gadgetzan – both flight masters have been brought inside the city; the lands east of here have been flooded and a dock now sits on that side of the city – the boat is functional but the destination hasn’t been set at this time; Southsea Pirate ships form a blockade further out; out the north gate a ship is being constructed
* The Gaping Chasm – on the northern ridge is a neutral quest hub with flight master called Bootlegger Outpost
* Land's End Beach – east of Uldum the mountains have collapsed, connecting that end of the beach to the remainder of Tanaris; a small Alliance camp sits here, Steelspark Station, manned by Gnomes; further down the beach is a camp of Bilgewater survivors, stranded on the beach
* Lost Rigger Cove – under attack by both Goblin and Gnome forces
* Sandsorrow Watch – cave nearby with large scorpid named Gargantapid; the northern most part of Sandsorrow is now a neutral quest hub
* Southbreak Shore – the Southsea Pirates have extended their camp down the shoreline with more boats and tents
* Southmoon Ruins – south of here is an Alliance quest hub with flight master, Gunstan's Dig; it appears the Horde and Alliance are fighting over the ruins
* Steamwheedle Port – flooded with survivors clinging to tops of buildings
* Thistleshrub Valley – mobs have vanished, but there is a new quest giver here named Adarrah (level 82), and a large stone pathway that is the entrance to the Uldum zone; Budd Nedreck's gang is also here
* Uldum – the doors are now open
* Valley of the Watchers – SW of here is a Blood Elf Horde hub with a flight master, Dawnrise Expedition
* Waterspring Field - flooded
* Zalashji's Den – though the name still exists, nothing of the cave can be found
* Other – some new mobs can be found here, including elite Dune Worms, Sand Rattlers, and Sand Lashers; due to the flooding of the coast, other areas no longer above water include: Noonshade Ruins and Wavestrider Beach
* New Hunter Pets – Basking Cobra, Sunburst Adder, Dunemaul Broodlord (Scorpid)
* Dolanaar – flight path added
* Gnarlpine Hold – filled with corrupted mobs that swarm down the hill towards the Pools to fight the ancients
* Lake Al'Ameth – Strange Fruited Plant from Gnarlpine Hold has been moved here
* Rut'theran Village – half destroyed; boat to Stormwind City sails from here
* Shadowglen – target dummies and mailbox added
* Other – both Denalan and Rellian Greenspyre appear to exist in two places at once – where the Skinning/LW trainers are there is a place where both of them are together - this is likely due to Blizzard's desire to cut down on some quests' travel time
- Thousand Needles:
* Camp E'thok – submerged; NW of here is a Horde encampment called Westreach Summit
* Darkcloud Pinnacle – slightly NE of the Pinnacle a path has collapsed in the high hills, allowing access to Razorfen Downs
* Freewind Post – apparently taken by the Grimtotem; at the base of the Post is a very small camp of both Horde (Tauren) and Alliance (Night Elf) NPCs, who seem to be working in conjunction to drive away the Grimtotem
* The Great Lift - destroyed
* Highperch – slightly flooded; Heartrazor is bound by a band of Twilight Subduers; the shelf above this is called Twilight Aerie, whose skies are patrolled by hostile Aerie Aces
* Mirage Raceway – underwater; now a giant boat sits in the flooded area with a neutral quest hub with flight path, Fizzle and Pozzik's Speedbarge; SE of here along the high ledge is Tirth's Haunt, where Magus Tirth is now Mad Magus Tirth and is constantly attacking "Plucky" Johnson, who is the new vendor of the Ancona Chicken
* Rustmaul Dig Site – now known as the Rustmaul Dive Site
* The Screeching Canyon – submerged; in the hills above there is a large Twilight Cult encampment called the Twilight Bulwark
* Weazel's Crater – now submerged; the hills east of here have collapsed and opened to the sea; on the high ledge to the south of the opening is a Southsea Pirate area known as Southsea Holdfast; to the slight north of here on the opposing high ledge is Splithoof Heights where the Galak have moved – it appears they are neutral at first; to the NW of the former crater is a path high in the hills that leads to Dustwallow Marsh with a platform overlooking Thousand Needles
* Windbreak Canyon – submerged; south of here is another Twilight establishment, Twilight Withering
* Due to the extensive flooding of the zone, many areas are now underwater. In addition to the above mentioned, other areas include: Whitereach Post, Splithoof Crag, Splithoof Hold, The Weathered Nook, Ironstone Camp, and the entirety of The Shimmering Flats.
* New tamable creatures: Saltspray Gulls, Brilliant Claysc!!!@rs (colorful, macaw-like bird), and Monstrous Macaws
- Tirisfal Glades:
* Brill - Reinforced with Forsaken architecture seen in Northrend. Now has a flight path.
* The Bulwark - Reinforced with high walls.
* Garren's Haunt – Plague tanks and a quest hub added
* Ruins of Lordaeron - architecture modified for flying mounts.
* Solliden Farmstead – the Scarlet Crusade have expanded their fortifications west of here to include a new area called the Scarlet Palisade
* Stillwater Pond – west of here is a new hub called Calston Estate.
* Other – now an open stone wall that separates Tirisfal from Silverpine Forest, constructed with Forsaken architecture
- Un'Goro Crater:
* Fire Plume Ridge – to the NW is a neutral hub with flight master called Mossy Pile.
* Fungal Rock – A-Me 01 is now outside by a new waterfall and pond.
* Golakka Hot Springs – new quest NPCs added, area includes new mobs, Steaming Fury.
* Ironstone Plateau – below here is a new area called The Roiling Gardens, full of Bloodpetals and new trees; above the Plateau is an area called the Shaper's Terrace, not to be confused with the Shaper's Terrace that connects with the Waygate; inside the building is an elite level 85 Titan NPC, Nablya (The Watcher).
* Marshal's Refuge – Stone Guardians have overrun the Refuge; the NPCs have been located to a new camp SE of Fire Plume Ridge, Marshal's Stand, which now has an innkeeper.
* Terror Run – a small path leads up to a new elite devilsaur, the Devilsaur Queen.
- Western Plaguelands:
* The Bulwark – redesigned with Forsaken architecture
* Chillwind Camp – the building here is now repaired
* Crypt – devoid of any mobs
* Dalson's Tears – renamed Dalson's Farm; regrown and tended by the Cenarion Circle; the nearby neutral hub is known as The Mender's Stead, and it appears there will also be a neutral flight path
* Felstone Field – Rebuilt
* Ruins of Andorhal – retaken by the Alliance in the SW – the buildings at this entrance are rebuilt; taken by the Horde in the NE and redesigned with Forsaken architecture; during the Battle for Andorhal the Forsaken successfully claim Andorhal as their own.
* Sorrow Hill – retaken and rebuilt, filled with Withdrawn Spirits
* Uther's Tomb – beautiful lush pathway leading to the tomb lined with hedges
* The Weeping Cave – just south of the cave is a new area called Malicia's Outpost, which is filled with caged animals and mobs that appear to be loyal to the Twilight Cult; the cave itself is now filled with many Unholy Corpuscles, ooze-like mobs
* The Writhing Haunt – empty and largely regrown
* Other – many of the areas once owned by the Scarlet Crusade around Hearthglen are infested with Redpine Gnolls; there appears to be no Scarlet Crusade presence any longer within the zone; the Western Plaguelands are largely lush now, with the few undead areas left those of Gahrron's Withering, the Weeping Cave, and the Ruins of Andorhal; new sound files have been included for the zone
* New Hunter Pets – Bullmastiff (appears to be Horde-only)
* Alexston Farmstead – partially a sinkhole now, along with entrance to Gold Coast Quarry
* The Dust Plains – tower to the SE now taken by mercenaries
* Furlbrow's Pumpkin Patch – reclaimed with flight path
* Jangolode Mine – taken by kobolds
* The Jansen Stead – reclaimed by drifters and homeless
* Moonbrook – retaken by the Alliance, now with flight path
* Sentinel Hill – almost completely walled in, inn roof is repaired
* Other – Old Blanchy is dead; Unbound Cyclones in various places that will throw you into the air; seems there are no Defias to be found anywhere outside Deadmines
* Angerfang Encampment – it appears the mobs here have received a skin overhaul
* Direforge Hill – the mobs here have fled and the area is now overrun with Smouldering Ooze and Rampant Fire Elementals; west of here are more new mobs: Mouldering Mirebeast and Marsh Lasher
* Dragonmaw Gates – past here is now the Twilight Highlands
* Dun Modr – now has a flight path; fought over area now seems to be inhabited by dwarves loyal to the Twilight Cult (who were, evidently, loyal to the Cult all along and not really Dark Iron Clan dwarves); in the hills above here is what appears to be a crashed zeppelin
* The Green Belt – Rethiel the Greenwarden is still here, but now a night elf-themed camp has sprung up around him called the Greenwarden's Grove, complete with a flight path; the area to the east of here is now overrun by Ebon Whelps, Ebon Slavehunters, and Dragonmaw Whelpstealers – it is unknown as of this time whether the Tiny Crimson Whelpling will still drop from these new whelps
* Ironbeard's Tomb – a very small Dark Iron Clan camp has been set up to the NW
* Menethil Harbor – flooded but reinforced with sandbags
* Menethil Keep – has been taken over by Dark Iron Dwarves
* Mosshide Fen – largely flooded due to the destruction of the Stonewrought Dam in Loch Modan; the Gnoll camp closest to Dun Algaz has been taken over by Silty Oozelings, with a Dwarven camp established nearby called Slabchisel's Survey; new mobs in this area include the Flood Elemental and Displaced Threshadon; all the Gnoll camps appear to have been destroyed
* Saltspray Glen – the Gnoll camps are being fought over by the Gnoll and Dark Iron Dwarves; further to the west the Gnolls seem to have control over their camps; where Fradd Swiftgear is there is now a more fleshed out camp, complete with an inn
* Thelgen Rock – in the hills above the cave is a medium sized lake
* Whelgar's Excavation Site – taken over by Paleolithic Elementals and Living Fossils, as well as having Sarltooth as one of the undead fossils and now a rare spawn; Prospector Whelgar himself has abandoned the site for a camp just off the main road, complete with a flight path
* Other – the 'Wetlands farm' is accessible by flying mount
* Darkwhisper Gorge - now a part of the Mount Hyjal zone. Vi'el's cave has been removed. The bridge leading there has collapsed presumably to prevent low level players from entering the zone.
* Donova Snowden - still remains at her camp, which is now called Snowden Chalet; in addition, Witch Doctor Mau'ari has joined her
* Frostfire Hot Springs - the eastern-most pool is now inhabited by Scalding Springsurges (a type of Water Elemental) and Boiling Springbubbles
* Lake Kel'Theril - Kelek S@%%!eper is now located here as a quest giver
* Ruins of Kel'Theril - new undead mobs: western section houses Quel'dorei spirits (Betrayed Rangers and Archmage Maenius); eastern section houses Sin'dorei spirits (Wretched Spectres); the Kaldorei spirits still inhabit the northern section. Quests revolve around the Crystal of Zin-Malor and how it corrupted generations of elves
* Mazthoril - the dragons are gone; Altered Beasts roam the exterior of the cave while Arcane Tesseracts are guarded within by various mobs, all reminiscent of Outland demons and beasts; the interior appears to be controlled by Umbranse the Spiritspeaker
* Frostwhisper Gorge - now populated by Ice Avatars; Vi'el has been relocated to the bottom and is accompanied by Lorax; the Frostmaul Giants still patrol the upper rim and have moved almost to Dun Mandarr
* Owl Wing Thicket - the quest giver outside of here is now Jadrag the Slicer, who apparently had an unfortunate run-in with the Owlbeasts while collecting relics
* Winterfall Village - two Timbermaw tribe quest givers now wait for adventurers on the outside: Tanrir and Burndl; within the Village High Chief Winterfall has apparently been replaced by Grolnar the Berserk who looks like an oversized Furbolg
* Moon Horror Den - the Raging Owlbeasts have been relocated and the cave is now inhabited by Ursius
* Goodgrub Smoking Pit - a new, small quest hub located northeast of Starfall Village; oddly enough, it appears all the Chimaeras of Winterspring have been relocated to the northeast of this camp
* Ban'Thallow Barrow Den - the formerly empty cave system right near Starfall Village is now utilized as a small quest area, filled with Coldlurk Burrowers (worms) and Coldlurk Creepers (spiders); the quest giver that starts everything off is Rinno Curtainfire
Darnassus will gain a small worgen district, known as the Howling Oak.
* Seat of the Naaru – the flight master has been moved here
* There are plans to include a portal to Stormwind City, though it has not been implemented as of yet.
* Flight path now operates route Exodar - Rut'theran Village
In Cataclysm, King Magni Bronzebeard is no longer found at the High Seat. Instead Ironforge is ruled by a council of representatives: Muradin Bronzebeard, Kurdran Wildhammer, and Moira Thaurissan (with her infant son Fenran by her side). Magni has been frozen solid through an unfortunate incident with a Titan artifact.
Edited by Frejya on 11/19/10 10:11 AM (PST)
In Cataclysm, King Magni Bronzebeard is no longer found at the High Seat. Instead Ironforge is ruled by a council of representatives: Muradin Bronzebeard, Falstad Wildhammer, and Moira Thaurissan (with her infant son Fenran by her side). Magni has been frozen solid through an unfortunate incident with a Titan artifact.
* Valley of Strength – the inn is much bigger and now has a well-stocked bar; Gamon is still here; Auction House redesigned and run by Goblins; Grommash Hold is in place of the bank, and the bank has been moved closer to the entrance, also run by Goblins; on the NW side there is now a proper building containing a forge and anvil; on the north side there is now a tunnel running to the Cleft of Shadow and Valley of Wisdom
* The Drag – now open-air, parts of which seem to be under construction; also a small pond near the center with a dock
* Valley of Honor – the lake has lost its secluded corner; what looks to be the makings of a second Auction House are near the lake; where the Engineering trainer used to be is now a waterway, and all trainers are now condensed into the remaining, expanded buildings (the Engineering trainer up the hill); near the back end of the valley is the path leading to Azshara; there is now a proper building for Hunter trainers
* Valley of Wisdom – the Tauren district, complete with Tauren architecture, an Auctioneer, Banker, and an Inn in place of Grommash Hold
* Grommash Hold – moved to the Valley of Strength where the bank used to be
* Valley of Spirits – the watery Troll district, complete with Troll architecture, an Auctioneer, Banker, and an Inn; there is a nearby tunnel that connects this valley with the Valley of Wisdom; connected to the south of this is the new Goblin district, the Goblin Slums, which also has its own Inn, Bank, and Auction House.
* Cleft of Shadow- Not much has changed here, the opening above the district will be wood over, the once open area.
* Other – the zeppelin towers to the Undercity/Grom'gol Base Camp, Northrend/Thunder Bluff, as well as the flight master, flying mount trainer/vendor have been moved to a high plateau called Orgrimmar Skyway, between the Valley of Strength and Valley of Wisdom
* no noticeable changes
* The Canals – Canal Crabs added
* Cathedral Square – gazebo added behind cathedral; very large city cemetery added nearby; cathedral has room only on the right now for trainers, also has a path leading beneath with 80+ level mobs
* Dwarven District – bank, auction house, and inn added
* Mage Quarter – path added to cut across quarter, rather than up and around
* Old Town – Command Center and SI:7 had walls near their entrances removed; riding instructor added here for ground mounts
* Park – completely destroyed; a druid trainer managed to escape in time and is found in a house north of the Dwarven District in Stormwind
* Stormwind Keep – path leading to throne room now open air and redesigned (grand walkway, fountain); throne room redesigned; garden area before the Library now has a view overlooking a lake. Genn Greymane is present here, standing next to Varian.
* Trade District – Auction house and bank both revamped; riding instructor added for flying mounts (at flight master)
* Valley of Heroes - the Danath Trollbane Statue has been destroyed, with only the feet remaining. The rest of the Statue fell into the water.
* Other – several water areas have been added near the Dwarven District and Stormwind Keep
- Thunder Bluff:
* No noticeable changes
* no noticeable changes as of yet, though players can now fly/ride throughout the entire Ruins of Lordaeron on their mounts
Edited by Frejya on 11/19/10 9:56 AM (PST)
All finished :P Grrrrr character limit!
Edit: I should note that these changes are 'pre-quest', so things in some zones will change as players progress through the various chains!