Cataclysm and RP

85 Draenei Warrior
With the new forums and massive changes to the game comes a fresh opportunity to be a welcome place to those who are interested in roleplaying as we discover the new (improved?) Azeroth together. On the old forums, people were avoiding posting because they were uncomfortable, afraid that they would be trolled and embarrassed by other players.

I don't feel that it has to be that way anymore. We can be inviting and encouraging, and show a positive attitude about the future of roleplaying on Steamwheedle Cartel. I believe this is possible if we help each other with events, story arcs, and other fun things we can do in character.

With that said, I am fully aware that the majority of the server doesn't roleplay, and I don't have any desire to make any radical changes. We are not Moon Guard, or Wyrmrest Accord. But I see no reason why anyone shouldn't be roleplaying here if they want to; we are after all an RP server. Roleplayers are your neighbors and friends raiding and pvping with you, so they should be treated as such. So let's make the best of it and show visitors how great we can be.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Well said.

Also, the new forums are a fresh start for a lot of people, but they WILL take past actions into account, so returning trolls may quickly become re-banned trolls. Let's stay classy, SWC.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter

I love seeing positive posts, and support your attitude as well as your agenda!
Reply Quote
6 Troll Priest
well i can speak for some what sorta well known webcomic that going to be playing here on steam wheedle as goblins we are waiting for the goblins to be released and we love to rp.

but we have slight problem that we are trying to find out we know the naming rules but some may seem like sentences but thats how they are named for there character.

like my troll who will be goblin shaman come cata

the webcomic is called goblins. its really good comic.. i am not giving links because it may be seen as advertising.

but anyways just wanted to say that you have web comic /dunegons and dragons rpers coming to play as goblins and we will always be happy to rp at anytime
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I've always loved this server, not just because of my friends that are here but the fact of the quality that you find. 4 out of 5 times if you find yourself in random RP with someone it's good and fun stuff, and usually not poorly thought out or poorly portrayed.

Like most things, when servers get old they get fat, and people think that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. Let them have their MG Goldshire, or their WA Silvermoon Inn. More they think things change the more the cycle repeats. I'll keep my good people here on my lovely quality server.

That and I don't get griefed as often on this server for some strange and AWESOME reason. Hell the thing I see most people do when they come across RPers RPing in the open is /clap, /cheer, or /salute. I like that.

This server is awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest

Excellent original post, Eristra, and I wholeheartedly agree. Steamwheedle Cartel is our home, and while we may not ever be WrA or Moon Guard, that still doesn't have to stop us from role playing here.

And really, Steamwheedle Cartel is a good server. People are generally nice and helpful, and there's something for everyone here, be they RPers, Raiders, PvPers, Achievement-hounds, Lore-nerds, or any mixture thereof. :)
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
This is a RP server, all RP haters in it are welcome to leave, they chose the wrong server, not us.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)