The new WG queue

85 Blood Elf Paladin
WOW that was an intense battle for wintergrasp. There were a whole 2 people on each side. I felt kind of bad for my wife because she queued 5 minutes before me, but didn't get in when I did >.>
Did they scrap the idea of a minimum amount of players for WG (like 10 or 20 regardless of ratio)? or is that only for tol barad?

I preferred fighting people with tenacity over one shotting a shaman with 22k hp =/
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
hmm i have had no troubles getting into wg get in as soon as I que
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Well yeah... since there are so many more horde queuing than alliance, any alliance that wants in will get in every time.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
This is a good change.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I hate it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This is a good change.

I'm not quite sure how letting 2 people out of at least 10s of people get into a WG once an hour is a good thing... It's definitely not an easy problem to solve as even tenacity was no match for numbers, but just not letting people experience part of the game is worse. The better thing to do is find a solution to server imbalance...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Server balance is an impossible problem to solve, I've come to believe. Mostly because no one will sign up to be part of the solution, and if they do it still wont be enough.

Tenacity simply didn't work. I was there when the Alliance could only find 10-20 people who wanted to give it a shot and we'd roll against Horde going 2 40 man raids deep.

This solution, while inelegant, is the best one as it ensures balance for both sides regardless of a population balance. It may be hitting a nail with a missile, but sometimes thats what must be done.

Or about 4 or 5 of your guilds could re roll alliance.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Server balance is an impossible problem to solve, I've come to believe. Mostly because no one will sign up to be part of the solution, and if they do it still wont be enough.

Tenacity simply didn't work. I was there when the Alliance could only find 10-20 people who wanted to give it a shot and we'd roll against Horde going 2 40 man raids deep.

This solution, while inelegant, is the best one as it ensures balance for both sides regardless of a population balance. It may be hitting a nail with a missile, but sometimes thats what must be done.

Or about 4 or 5 of your guilds could re roll alliance.

Tenacity wasn't a good solution, but it still seemed better than what I saw today. The two alliance that were attacking wintergrasp had 0 chance of breaking through. Even if I never bothered to kill the two alliance there, I could have just gone and killed the three towers in the south (faster than I did at least... the other guy with me killed two and I killed one) and won before they could break through the walls... or even when they did get two catapults going, with no one to guard them, they were forced to either defend their catapults with like 40k hp and hop out (then they're doing no damage), or keep attacking the walls in which case I'd kill the catapult in 10 seconds or less...

But honestly there is no good solution when one side only has 2 players...
Edited by Wimplee on 11/19/2010 7:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
... we'll review realms with significant faction imbalances on a case-by-case basis in the event we need to take further action.

Maybe they will take notice of 2 or more months of the win ratio barely changing and finally open up free xfers here to alliance.

don't tell steely, but i want to do very naughty things with your avatar. :(

^ this.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

That would be because you're a genius.
Reply Quote
... we'll review realms with significant faction imbalances on a case-by-case basis in the event we need to take further action.

Maybe they will take notice of 2 or more months of the win ratio barely changing and finally open up free xfers here to alliance.

don't tell steely, but i want to do very naughty things with your avatar. :(

^ this.

thats it. brb rerolling draenei.

lulz.

I wish you could see my ultra sexy scythe in my avvie. But nooooo, you have to click on my profile for that.

sadface.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
pointless necro
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]