If you dispel my PW:S..

80 Blood Elf Priest
I get healed for the full amount it would have absorbed, plus my next casted heal cannot be interrupted.

Priests need dispel protection in the way of UA/VT.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
So what's it going to take to stop spam offensive dispelling on priests?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
So what's it going to take to stop spam offensive dispelling on priests?

A nerf to dispels.

Which is unlikely to happen. Everything's dispel spam fodder no matter how much it impacts a class's ability to function.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
So if I have two melee training me -- which basically means I can only rely on jukes to cast heals -- and I have say a shaman spam dispelling me, how am I supposed to heal myself?

Before you say "have your partners peel for you", remember that classes can pop cooldowns and be immune for short periods of time. Enough time to land a kill.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Nerfing offensive dispels needs to happen regardless of who the target is.

How different is it at 85?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I'm not real fond of your proposal, but I'd happily trade you some kind of dispel protection for a 3m cooldown on mana burn.

What do you think?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Nerfing offensive dispels needs to happen regardless of who the target is.

How different is it at 85?

From what i've heard the supposed trade off was mana cost, but all i'm finding is that there's no risk to dispelling, hardly any cost, and can completely hobble some specs
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
The cost/benefit ratio for spam dispelling to land a kill is way off right now, and frankly a simple mana increase is probably never going to fix that problem. Not only will it mess up PvE, but the possibility of landing a kill will always outweigh a large mana cost.

That leads me to believe that dispel protection in the way of UA/VT -- whatever the exact protection turns out to be -- is the way to solve, or at least help the situation.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
How bout....

5 second CD on dispel.

6 sec cd, 1 thing removed for both offensive and defensive IMO.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The cost/benefit ratio for spam dispelling to land a kill is way off right now, and frankly a simple mana increase is probably never going to fix that problem. Not only will it mess up PvE, but the possibility of landing a kill will always outweigh a large mana cost.

That leads me to believe that dispel protection in the way of UA/VT -- whatever the exact protection turns out to be -- is the way to solve, or at least help the situation.

For plds, i've always thought it should be a punishment system for dispelling something. It'd make sense, and would invoke a thought process to the whole thing.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
Why did they give lifebloom dispel protection? Because it was too easily countered by dispels and made the spell largely useless without it. (It too needs an increased benefit to the Druid if it's dispelled, but that's another thread entirely)

Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
So if I have two melee training me -- which basically means I can only rely on jukes to cast heals -- and I have say a shaman spam dispelling me, how am I supposed to heal myself?

Before you say "have your partners peel for you", remember that classes can pop cooldowns and be immune for short periods of time. Enough time to land a kill.

So basically you are asking to be OP enough to survive a 3 on 1? ... yeah, never going to happen.

Am I not allowed to heal myself vs. TSG when a DK pops all of his immunity cooldowns and a warrior uses his cool downs? I'm not asking to survive for long periods of time 3v1, but I should be able to heal myself momentarily, at least to last a few seconds..

edit: and they way that is done is usally through instants like PW:S, PoM, and even renew, but if all of those are getting removed in 2-3 globals without thinking twice...then where I am left?
Edited by Lowee on 11/19/2010 1:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Am I not allowed to heal myself vs. TSG when a DK pops all of his immunity cooldowns and a warrior uses his cool downs? I'm not asking to survive for long periods of time 3v1, but I should be able to heal myself momentarily, at least to last a few seconds..

Sure, you're allowed to heal yourself if you can juke interrupts and 1v2 their damage dealers, or you could even do the unthinkable; have your teammates join the fight and try to run interference so you don't get run over.

Also, is this the healing forums and Blizzard just made a mistake in labeling it Damage Dealing?
Edited by Holdem on 11/19/2010 2:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
62 Dwarf Rogue

Are you suggesting that you should be balanced around the hypothetical situation in which you are outnumbered and your attackers are immune to any potential peel?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]