If you dispel my PW:S..

85 Troll Mage
Glyph of PoM - Your Prayer of Mending no longer bounces but has a 10s internal CD on triggered heals. Also, dispelling Prayer of Mending will only remove a charge instead of the entire buff.

Basically, turn it into a mini earth shield.

Just an idea for priest dispel protection.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So if I have two melee training me -- which basically means I can only rely on jukes to cast heals -- and I have say a shaman spam dispelling me, how am I supposed to heal myself?

Before you say "have your partners peel for you", remember that classes can pop cooldowns and be immune for short periods of time. Enough time to land a kill.

So basically you are asking to be OP enough to survive a 3 on 1? ... yeah, never going to happen.

Am I not allowed to heal myself vs. TSG when a DK pops all of his immunity cooldowns and a warrior uses his cool downs? I'm not asking to survive for long periods of time 3v1, but I should be able to heal myself momentarily, at least to last a few seconds..

edit: and they way that is done is usally through instants like PW:S, PoM, and even renew, but if all of those are getting removed in 2-3 globals without thinking twice...then where I am left?

OK so you get a heal off, since you're being beaten by 2 ppl i imagine it's going to be an instant spell, and since it's instant it can't be too powerful so it won't heal much. Go ahead and get a few of those off, but if things are balanced they're going to rip to to shreds because there's 2 of them, not one.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
Regardless, that's getting off topic. If someone can argue that priests do not need some sort of help (if you would rather call it that) in regards to dispel vunerability I would love to hear it. If not, how can we be "helped" without making us over powered?
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
So if I have two melee training me -- which basically means I can only rely on jukes to cast heals -- and I have say a shaman spam dispelling me, how am I supposed to heal myself?

Before you say "have your partners peel for you", remember that classes can pop cooldowns and be immune for short periods of time. Enough time to land a kill.

Are you suggesting that you should be balanced around the hypothetical situation in which you are outnumbered and your attackers are immune to any potential peel?

No. I'm just not a fan of being next to useless when there is a shaman on the other team.
Reply Quote
I'm assuming the original post was a joke. You can't expect being dispelled to provide that much benefit.

However, I am in favor of some form of minor dispel protection on PWS. Perhaps if your PWS is dispelled, it also removes Weakened Soul as well.
Reply Quote
64 Undead Warlock
ummm no priests are far far too offensive for a healer for most people's tastes.
This is intended game design, you are supposed to die when to 2 dps are on u and dispeled.

If u want survivability, roll a holy paladin.

What u are asking for, is far to overpowered. Dispels need to be nerfed 1st, mass dispel and mana burn need to be seriously looked at and see if they are worth keeping in the game, also I think the pvp healing debuff should be raised to 25%,Healer regen should be cut drastically also. healing is far too strong at the moment and I think most people wouldn't want any type of healer survivability buffs, to be honest. This would be a hugely unpopular move.
Edited by Shadowlol on 11/19/2010 2:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
64 Undead Warlock
Instantly healing for half of the absorb value might be reasonable.

shields would have to be cut in half i think due to the scaling of thier mastery which might make it overpowered at 85.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
If PWS is dispelled, then the weakened soul debuff should fall off, fixed it for you!

Priests (disc) are grossly underpowered right now, they cant nerf dispels because it would actually hurt priests more than help them. they need alot of buffs, most dps think they are fine. Then again most DPS tend to lump healers together in a big pile. thats like saying your paladin that shows up for raids as shockadin and in cloth is ok on DPS Meter. Its an illusion.

there is good and there is bad. Then there is horrible.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
All 4 healing classes should have some form of dispel protection that would create situations where you would want to dispel it and situations where you wouldn't want to dispel it.

Shaman
Earthshield: If dispelled, this heals the target for 1/3 of the amount of the total remaining charges. (Would be beneficial to dispel when they're near full, not beneficial to dispel if they're low)

Druids
Lifebloom: Bloom/heal when dispelled (judgment if they're going to drop before the bloom happens)

Priests
PW:S: If dispelled, the target receives 25% less damage from all sources for 6 seconds (worth dispelling if you could finish the target off immediately afterward or if they are not being focused by multiple DPS)

Paladins
Illuminated Healing: If one of your Illuminated Healing shields are dispelled, you regain 1% of your maximum mana (would be a matter of fueling the Paladin's mana -vs- how worth it is to dispel)

A situation like this would make you actually have to think to use dispel abilities instead of just mashing them.
Reply Quote
Yeah, ok, and while you are at it, why don't we just make priests passively immune to silence as well?

In short words so you can understand it; never going to happen.

"Can we use an umbrella in the rain?"

"While you're at it, why don't we just rob an old woman?"

So... if they dispel your shield when you are at 100%....

... then it has weaknesses and is not overpowered.

Seriously, do you people listen to yourselves?
Edited by Krugar on 11/19/2010 3:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior

wait wait wait...your basicly asking to be able to survive 3 players, two of which dps spec, attacking y ou for an extended period of time??? no one should be able to survive 3v1
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
All 4 healing classes should have some form of dispel protection that would create situations where you would want to dispel it and situations where you wouldn't want to dispel it.

Shaman
Earthshield: If dispelled, this heals the target for 1/3 of the amount of the total remaining charges. (Would be beneficial to dispel when they're near full, not beneficial to dispel if they're low)

Druids
Lifebloom: Bloom/heal when dispelled (judgment if they're going to drop before the bloom happens)

Priests
PW:S: If dispelled, the target receives 25% less damage from all sources for 6 seconds (worth dispelling if you could finish the target off immediately afterward or if they are not being focused by multiple DPS)

Paladins
Illuminated Healing: If one of your Illuminated Healing shields are dispelled, you regain 1% of your maximum mana (would be a matter of fueling the Paladin's mana -vs- how worth it is to dispel)

A situation like this would make you actually have to think to use dispel abilities instead of just mashing them.

I do not like those idead. i believe the best that should be used whould be something in the line of "if your shield/buff/whatever is dispell, you receive 25% of the spell mana cost back"

it should not be turned into free heals, on the other hand, in cata, with mana been important, it would be interesting and far more balanced then a heal me for the value of the shield or w/e
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin

wait wait wait...your basicly asking to be able to survive 3 players, two of which dps spec, attacking y ou for an extended period of time??? no one should be able to survive 3v1

Wrong. Paladins druids and shamans can right now and easily. priests cannot. Im not sure how to drill this into DPS' heads because you tend to sterotype healers.

Warriors with lesser gear can solo priests, so of course they would think its fair in their eyes.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Anyone else find it funny that a class with a spammable offensive dispel is posting this?
Reply Quote
74 Draenei Mage
it's amusing to see priests cry about dispels. you guys are one of the main culprits for the dispel spam problem in the game.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I'm not real fond of your proposal, but I'd happily trade you some kind of dispel protection for a 3m cooldown on mana burn.

What do you think?
mana burn is pretty awful now. if you can't LoS a ~2s cast then im sorry but you deserve to be burned. further, mana burn against a shaman with water shield has never been a good idea so im not sure where you as a shaman are all that threatened.

the only good mana drain now is ... mana drain. oh and tunneling damage that forces fast inefficient heals which is probably the best mana drain in game now. forget CCn the healer just tunnel damage until the blue bar is empty.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
There is nothing stopping a shaman or another priest from spam dispelling my PW:S, PoM, Renew, Grace, etc. One of the reasons priests are able to be the "immobile healer" is that we are able to tank damage because of instants. Well, when all of our instants get dispelled immediately, then what do we do?

edit: Even Pain Suppression is being dispelled with ease.
Edited by Lowee on 11/19/2010 4:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
It warms the cockles of my heart to see a priest advocating a nerf to offensive dispels.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]