If you dispel my PW:S..

85 Dwarf Paladin
mana burn is pretty awful now. if you can't LoS a ~2s cast

I tend to agree, but to be fair, not everyone has Blink. Bg's are not like arenas, half the terrain in there does not actually break LoS.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
It warms the cockles of my heart to see a priest advocating a nerf to offensive dispels.

I'm not entirely sure that they understand that their offensive dispel would be nerfed, too..
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
mana burn is pretty awful now. if you can't LoS a ~2s cast

I tend to agree, but to be fair, not everyone has Blink. Bg's are not like arenas, half the terrain in there does not actually break LoS.
true but still no heal priest has the time to cast mana burn in any environment right now and wont in cata either when they're busy casting slow efficient heals.

shadow priests could but why when they can drop bombs which have to be healed through using either constant efficient heals or fast inefficient heals. mana burn is imo really situational right now. on my disc priest im too busy trying to stay alive and keep others up now whereas you used to be able to shield yourself and get one or two off.

however it is still really effective at drawing kicks.

i digress, not really on topic but QQn like mana burn is as OP as offensive dispels is laughable.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=214833

Opinions about Disc priests from multiple gladiators, rank 1s, and people who thoroughly understand PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=214833

Opinions about Disc priests from multiple gladiators, rank 1s, and people who thoroughly understand PvP.

And how is that relevant to this thread?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I'm assuming the original post was a joke. You can't expect being dispelled to provide that much benefit.

However, I am in favor of some form of minor dispel protection on PWS. Perhaps if your PWS is dispelled, it also removes Weakened Soul as well.

What is the difference between that and a heal == remaining absorb? If anything reseting WS is more powerful because absorbs are basically temporary HP by allowing you to go beyond your maximum.

heal == remaining absorb amount disc talent/glyph seems ok to me seeing as how disc is so reliant on shielding, to put this in perspective on live a PWS is about equal to 7k absorb, dispelling a druid's Lifebloom stack will heal for much more then that and LB is spammable.
Edited by Sylvanis on 11/19/2010 4:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
If PWS is dispelled, then the weakened soul debuff should fall off, fixed it for you!

Priests (disc) are grossly underpowered right now

See, one of the problems around here is that when a class or spec is underpowered, people assume that core mechanics need to be changed. In some cases that is true, such as a spec being held back by a lack of mobility or defense.

In the case of disc priests, like many others who have an underpowered period, the core mechanics are just fine. The problem in all likelihood is numbers, which I believe Blizzard already started to address with PTR 4.0.3a (Build 13316) recently.

When you buff the mechanics of a spec/class which is currently underpowered despite its mechanics being just fine, you end up with long-term consequences when the pendulum of those numbers shifts back in your favor.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
If PWS is dispelled, then the weakened soul debuff should fall off, fixed it for you!

Priests (disc) are grossly underpowered right now

See, one of the problems around here is that when a class or spec is underpowered, people assume that core mechanics need to be changed. In some cases that is true, such as a spec being held back by a lack of mobility or defense.

In the case of disc priests, like many others who have an underpowered period, the core mechanics are just fine. The problem in all likelihood is numbers, which I believe Blizzard already started to address with PTR 4.0.3a (Build 13316) recently.

When you buff the mechanics of a spec/class which is currently underpowered despite its mechanics being just fine, you end up with long-term consequences when the pendulum of those numbers shifts back in your favor.

What is increasing penance healing, or shield absorb amount going to do about offensive dispelling?
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Shaman
I think if PW:S gets dispelled it should chop a few seconds off of Weakened Soul. Might be a good way to go about it.

-Z
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]