Warlock DPS in Cata: Bravo!

1 Orc Shaman
Ok so I just took a look at this EJ thread:

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t48311-simulationcraft_warlocks_4_0_x_numbers_80_85_a/

take a look, all 3 warlock specs are within a few hundred DPS within each other! This is absolutely amazing, Ive never seen a class have all of their DPS specs so close to each other.

Just wanted to say good job blizzard. Hopefully the same can be accomplished with Mages/Rogues/Hunters.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Shaman
Heroics don't matter. These numbers are for raid boss fights (the only content in the game which actually matters)

Dot specs are always going to be hosed in short fights, its always been that way.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Actually they failed warlocks pretty hard: all 3 specs are going to be hardcasting soul fires every 15 seconds because of the imp soulfire talent.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Ok so I just took a look at this EJ thread:

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t48311-simulationcraft_warlocks_4_0_x_numbers_80_85_a/

take a look, all 3 warlock specs are within a few hundred DPS within each other! This is absolutely amazing, Ive never seen a class have all of their DPS specs so close to each other.

Just wanted to say good job blizzard. Hopefully the same can be accomplished with Mages/Rogues/Hunters.

Looks just like earlier in WLK. How did that work out? As long as we have fights with movement and target switching, affliction will continue to suck wind.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Heroics don't matter. These numbers are for raid boss fights (the only content in the game which actually matters)

Dot specs are always going to be hosed in short fights, its always been that way.

If heroics and trash don't matter, why are they in the game?

Sorry, only being good for bosses and nothing else is a piss poor design. We used to be good at soloing, but that is crap too at level 85.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
Actually they failed warlocks pretty hard: all 3 specs are going to be hardcasting soul fires every 15 seconds because of the imp soulfire talent.

i fail to see how getting all 3 specs to within ~400 dps of each other is fail. complaining about having soul fire in your rotation is kinda silly, if you don't like it, don't cast it and eat the dps loss
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
It really is a thing of beauty i.e. warlocks and the DPS nos. As for the affliction haters, well it seems to be doing just fine in Beta fights. Soulswap seems to do the job just fine.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock

the affliction haters have been *@#**ing about pvp, not pve.
pvp is still a mess, aff wise.
otherwise no complaints about locks, other than shadowflame is boring as hell but whatever.

actually there is still a ton of whining about pve for aff too. while pvp is pretty borked for aff at 80, according to this
http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=216076&page=2
aff is doing pretty well atleast in 3v3.
all in all i think the majority of the whining is the fact that the spec is very different now in comparison to how it was. the spells you cast, rotation, etc hasnt changed much but the tactics have. you cant just tank people anymore. so they come here and whine to get it back, or something similer instead of adapting. really at the moment the outlook is pretty solid.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
On the day you find me 24 raiders who stop dying to stupid mistakes, I'll start giving a hoot about which class/spec does more DPS.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
On the day you find me 24 raiders who stop dying to stupid mistakes, I'll start giving a hoot about which class/spec does more DPS.

Ah situational awareness; a rare and splendid thing!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
It really is a thing of beauty i.e. warlocks and the DPS nos. As for the affliction haters, well it seems to be doing just fine in Beta fights. Soulswap seems to do the job just fine.

Yeah, saving .6 seconds of casting time is PIMP.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Yeah, saving .6 seconds of casting time is PIMP.

glyph it and it is amazing. especially with all of the multi boss and flat target switches. affliction in general is pretty good right now, between soul swap and jinx an affliction lock is pretty powerful for the first tier of raiding.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

Soulburn becomes useful.
Yay.

3 instant soulfires
21 hardcasted, even by the shadow dot spec, on a 6-7 minute fight.
So much for managing a resource, you know every single shard you get will go to soulfire alone in pve.

After all the work they did to make dot clipping less of an issue, imp soulfire is the direct antithesis of what they wanted to achieve.

Your goal is to have your soul fire LAND as soon after the buff falls off you. You have to adjust for not only cast time but travel time as well. If you're even a fraction of a second too early you "clip," get no buff, and your entire cast was for nothing and you suffer a significant dps loss.
Edited by Karalyn on 11/20/2010 11:36 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]