What will you personally miss in Cataclysm?

100 Tauren Shaman
Take anything from Azeroth as we know it now (specifically, we don't just want "I'm going to miss all the old zones" 100 times) that is dear to your heart that's going away
And commemorate it in this thread for all to agree/disagree with. It can even be reluctance to see something get added.

I just want to see if I'm missing anything potentially awesome before Cata hits.

Personally I'm gonna miss Cairne. He's my race leader and he's always been the most noble.. I just wish he was a bit more active with the Horde. Hopefully Baine will step up and take that role.

I'm not sure, but hopefully Feralas wont change too much. Sounds stupid but rarely when I'm bored I just go there to look at the scenery. Same thing with Loch Modan.

So yeah! Commemorate the things you'll miss most in cataclysm! As well as other things like things you're iffy about getting added, or basically anything about the new things in cata or the old things going away!
Reply Quote
62 Dwarf Rogue
I'm going to miss the ports in Dalaran!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
I'm going to miss the ports in Dalaran!

Amen. The zepplins were hardly used at all, though, honestly.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I am going to miss ferelas. I will also miss Western Plaugelands. Such a good place to grind. And ferelas is the most beautiful place in Old world WoW right now.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Hunter
Auberdine.

It's not really a place I think about like STV or Grizzly Hills when I'm thinking of zones I love, but it was one of the first zones where I really got the "awe and wonder" when I first started playing.

I remember stepping out from the starting zone/"circle" on my first druid and looking around at the woods of Teldrassil and was like "Wow look at all this", but it didn't become quite as big as when I stepped off the, while large, isolated island and hit the mainland. I remember just staring in amazment at the dark gloomy sky, the water and beaches, the trees. The whole town was so gloomy yet beautiful and haunting, just like I love it.

I remembered spending hours there questing and running up and down, killing ghosts and naga and bears, finding the trapped old god and cult. Sadly I don't believe I finished the zone before going to join my dad(Since I was young and played with him back then) in westfall, as he was a dwarven paladin.

I was flying around a week or two ago on Rose and I stopped there when I reached it... I just kind of looked around, took many screenshots. Gazed over the ocean with the new water, making the gloomy, haunting place even more beautiful... And I felt sad. I knew this place, one of the first places that really amazed me as a kid when I first started playing in a game that I would continue to love and enjoy for the next 5-6 years, was going to be gone forever. And sadly it was one of the ones getting hit the hardest.
Edited by Rosefist on 11/18/2010 8:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Auberdine.

It's not really a place I think about like STV or Grizzly Hills when I'm thinking of zones I love, but it was one of the first zones where I really got the "awe and wonder" when I first started playing.

I remember stepping out from the starting zone/"circle" on my first druid and looking around at the woods of Teldrassil and was like "Wow look at all this", but it didn't become quite as big as when I stepped off the, while large, isolated island and hit the mainland. I remember just staring in amazment at the dark gloomy sky, the water and beaches, the trees. The whole town was so gloomy yet beautiful and haunting, just like I love it.

I remembered spending hours there questing and running up and down, killing ghosts and naga and bears, finding the trapped old god and cult. Sadly I don't believe I finished the zone before going to join my dad(Since I was young and played with him back then) in westfall, as he was a dwarven paladin.

I was flying around a week or two ago on Rose and I stopped there when I reached it... I just kind of looked around, took many screenshots. Gazed over the ocean with the new water, making the gloomy, haunting place even more beautiful... And I felt sad. I knew this place, one of the first places that really amazed me as a kid when I first started playing in a game that I would continue to love and enjoy for the next 5-6 years, was going to be gone forever. And sadly it was one of the ones getting hit the hardest.

Auberdine is one of the more notable areas, I agree. I have memories raiding it as soon as i hit 60 with my friend back in BC (didnt have the expansion yet, wouldnt get it till WoTLK)... not exactly the fondest of memories but it was still fun xD

Well untill 70's started showing up
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior

I'm not sure, but hopefully Feralas wont change too much. Sounds stupid but rarely when I'm bored I just go there to look at the scenery. Same thing with Loch Modan.

I have some good news ... and I have some bad news. One of those places you might really want to go to and take some screen shots. .... >.> <.< I'm just sayin'

Anyway, I'll miss Cairne, too. And I've been going around taking some screen shots, for my nostalgic moments to come. But, we are getting some really awesome new stuff too. So, I'm a little sad, but excited for the changes.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman

Anyway, I'll miss Cairne, too. And I've been going around taking some screen shots, for my nostalgic moments to come. But, we are getting some really awesome new stuff too. So, I'm a little sad, but excited for the changes.

Sums up how I feel about it. Probably should do this before it hits
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Blanchy. 'Nough said. :(
RIP Blanchy!!!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I thought I'd miss everything, but after checking out the PTR I couldn't care less about nostalgia. Bring on the Cataclysm!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Fortunately my fondest memories of vanilla WoW are the instances of Blackrock Mountain which are not going away, but if I were to choose something I'd miss, I'd have to say anything that had anything to do with the Horde. I have always played Alliance, all the six years I've played, but I never played a Horde character past level thirty and I regret not being able to experience the old lore of the Horde before the shattering. So the story is what I would miss, not the zones, really. For some reason, I've never really had a particular preference for one zone or another in Azeroth, but I've always liked them more then the Outlands or Northrend.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
I thought I'd miss everything, but after checking out the PTR I couldn't care less about nostalgia. Bring on the Cataclysm!

Nostalgia really only applies long after the change, really. :3

Fortunately my fondest memories of vanilla WoW are the instances of Blackrock Mountain which are not going away, but if I were to choose something I'd miss, I'd have to say anything that had anything to do with the Horde. I have always played Alliance, all the six years I've played, but I never played a Horde character past level thirty and I regret not being able to experience the old lore of the Horde before the shattering. So the story is what I would miss, not the zones, really. For some reason, I've never really had a particular preference for one zone or another in Azeroth, but I've always liked them more then the Outlands or Northrend.

I love alot of the Azeroth zones, but one of my favorite zones of all times is Nagrand. Oh my god I love Nagrand the most out of any zone ever. Especially at night. Turn view distance to max and you can just stare out for hours at the awesome landscape. It's like Mulgore... But bigger.. And.. Different somehow. xD

Also, I took quite a liking to Terrokar forest. I'm quite a sucker for forest landscapes, I think. Terrokar just had such an awesome glowy constant nighttime feel to it that you cant find anywhere else.

Except Zangarmarsh. Zangarmarsh is also one of my most loved zones. It's so.. Unique? I guess. It's totally awesome. I'm glad these zones in particular are staying.

I love grizzly hills too. Alot, but not as much as Nagrand or Terrokar or Zangar, I think.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Azshara. That zone is tranquil, serene and beautiful.

Goblins are gunna ruin it to make their idea of... 'beautiful'. A golf Course and a Spa
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
Definitely Auberdine. I loved that place, and will always love its memory. I spent my most enjoyable times in this game there, ironically before the game even came out (during the beta). Horde would raid every night, we'd fight them back, dying hundreds of times. The one or two alliance people who hit 40 and had mounts were like war generals, riding up and down the road or beach, rallying us and leading waves of noobs against the horde menace, many of whom were skull level. None of us had been out of Kalimdor, because Wetlands was impossible to get through at our levels, so the greater world was a mystery, and held the hopes and dreams of the future. Nobody ran instances, there was no requirement to be in a guild to do any content, and one could truly explore and have fun without a care in the world.

For my own personal closet-RP reasons, Ashenvale will also always be dear to my heart.

I had a ridiculous amount of fun in STV and Stonetalon Mountains as well, though the former was also a long, irritating grind at times, and I never did spend a whole lot of time in the latter.

Azshara is the one place I spent massive amounts of time in that I'll truly mourn, once things change. So many hours spent picking flowers there, and hunting orcs who strayed north. I've already mourned the loss of the MC quests though. I'm planning on spending a fair bit of time in northern Kalimdor NE lands, touring it- nay, patrolling it- one last time before the Shattering.
Edited by Lvlonealt on 11/18/2010 8:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Hunter
Azshara. That zone is tranquil, serene and beautiful.

Goblins are gunna ruin it to make their idea of... 'beautiful'. A golf Course and a Spa
Normally I'd be sad, too, but after falling in a @#%@^# hole every @$^@$ time I go to that zone and taking 20 @#%@#^ minutes finding my way back up...

That zone can go to hell.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Workin' for ZG tiger mount. :(
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Cairne Bloodhoof.

I'm spending his remaining time with us helping him defend Thunder Bluff from elementals.

Although his son's been all beefed up, and given the High Chieftain title as well (despite his father still very much alive)...what's up with that?

You would notice the Chieftans son getting "beefed up"
:3

I always do the elemental invasion in thunder bluff. I dont even bother with org anymore theres tons of people there
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
The furbolg wand.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]