Fury rending at 85

90 Night Elf Warrior
At 85 I think I'm gonna open with a rend and switch back to zerker. Deep wounds should keep rend up for the rest of the fight. Is this a good idea?

Actually, I should start doing this right now. A lot of other classes cause bleeds.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Deep wounds does not refresh Rend. So you'd open with it and then it would quickly fall off.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Deep wounds does not refresh Rend. So you'd open with it and then it would quickly fall off.

I thought deep wounds was a bleed effect. My mistake.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Technically rending has been in the "advanced" fury rotation for quite a while, you just have to know when to allow yourself time to dance. For instance, I use it whenever I have DW or an AP proc up, and if you have extra rage before you go back into zerker, just HS and/or BT to dump it.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Um.

Do.. you know how deep wounds works? It has nothing to do with rend. What do other classes doing bleeds have to do with it?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Are you misreading a talent or something? The only thing that refreshes rend is thunderclap if talented.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior

I thought deep wounds was a bleed effect. My mistake.

Deep Wounds IS a bleed, but bleeds do not refresh Rend. Only Blood and Thunder in the Prot tree does that, and then only when you Thunderclap.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Um.

Do.. you know how deep wounds works? It has nothing to do with rend. What do other classes doing bleeds have to do with it?

Are you misreading a talent or something? The only thing that refreshes rend is thunderclap if talented.

Go read your tooltips.

Rend: "...You do not need to rend again as long as the target is bleeding."

edit: This might be a wording mistake on blizzard's part.
Edited by Kasane on 11/18/2010 11:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior

Uh.. what are YOU looking at?

"Wounds the target causing them to bleed for 1068 damage plus an additional 2607 (based on weapon damage) over 15 sec."
Edited by Garvouk on 11/18/2010 11:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

"Wounds the target causing them to bleed for 1068 damage plus an additional 2607 (based on weapon damage) over 15 sec."

The in-game tooltip in the spellbook. Do I have to screenshot this?

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/3913/wowscrnshot111910000532.jpg
Edited by Kasane on 11/18/2010 11:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Ah, I see what it is. You have "Beginner Tooltips Enabled" turned on in your interface/help section.

Thats just telling newbies not to spam rend, since they may not understand how DoTs work.

It does not mean that rogue/druid/whatever bleeds will refresh or affect rend. Deep Wounds does not affect rend.
Edited by Garvouk on 11/18/2010 11:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Ah, I see what it is. You have "Beginner Tooltips Enabled" turned on in your interface/help section.

Thats just telling newbies not to spam rend.

It does not mean that rogue/druid/whatever bleeds will refresh or affect rend. Deep Wounds does not affect rend.

I haven't played in almost 2 years. I guess I'm still a little noobish =/
Reply Quote
73 Human Paladin
How ironic is it that the beginner tooltips caused a "beginner" to think an ability worked in a way it totally does not.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Technically rending has been in the "advanced" fury rotation for quite a while, you just have to know when to allow yourself time to dance. For instance, I use it whenever I have DW or an AP proc up, and if you have extra rage before you go back into zerker, just HS and/or BT to dump it.

Actually, it hasn't been. If it became viable in 4.0.1 i'd be surprised. But i seriously doubt that the patch made it viable, and would suspect that if anything due to rage normalization it would only have made it even worse to stance dance for rend. But before the 4.0 patches it was not optimal and part of any "advanced" rotation, but it was often part of the "hai guiz, it makes me do more dps even though WoL parses clearly shows a drop in my dps when i stance danced" rotation.

The stance dancing had been shown again and again to be a dps loss. It was a theoretical dps gain, but an actual in game dps loss. The only way it was ever going to be viable dps increase was if you were straddling the server to get single digit latency, had the reflexes of a korean robot, and never screwed it up ever. Screwing up once pretty much would negate any positive dps gain.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
You're not the first person that's been fooled by that specific tooltip actually. I saw a few threads on the old boards on this very subject when Beginner Tooltips were introduced with 4.0. They definitely need to reword it, because if you're not already familiar with the exact mechanics of rend, that tooltip is definitely extremely misleading.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
well if u spec into stance mastery at 85 u might be able to keep rend up as fury but there is no point
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

hes looking at the beginner tooltips.

Man i wish rend worked like that.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Says that for the rake too on ferals, confused the hell out of me at first
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
You're not the first person that's been fooled by that specific tooltip actually. I saw a few threads on the old boards on this very subject when Beginner Tooltips were introduced with 4.0. They definitely need to reword it, because if you're not already familiar with the exact mechanics of rend, that tooltip is definitely extremely misleading.

Alternatively, I 100% them changing rend to work the way the beginner tooltip says. That actually introduces a bit of synergy, gives a bit more dps while taking away from burst (which is too high for fury), and allows more gcds to be used on slam rather than rend for Arms (Arms having to refresh rend so frequently is a constant annoyance).

So yeah, make it so any bleed tick refreshes rend. It would be a neat mechanic, I approve.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I was wondering why all the tooltips had worthless descriptions instead of the ones that actually specified how much damage the ability did. Would be nice if blizz would stop adding worthless features to the interface and then defaulting them on. Or at least when logging in after a patch have it pop up and say what settings there are that are new and what the current setting is, since they dont always put all the changes in the patch notes.

Spell queuing is another one. They added the ability to change it in the last patch but you dont know unless you look that the default "OFF" is 400ms latency.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]