Tempted to roll a Pally healer

Granted I am not the best PvP healer and I will never say I wont take advice, recently (well mostly) I am healing myself a good 80% of the time while people literally run right past me. I can hold my own again classes one on one but I am really at a disadvantage when a rogue feral pair come at me.

I am not saying I don't love my healer, as it is my first one, but I would really like more survivability. Yes I know holy pallies are OP right now, but you cant say you don't envy trailing about 5 people trying to kill you while you stay at full health, but the armor is what I like.

being a cloth healer, I am usually the biggest target you can be in PvP, and it sucks when you have to defend yourself only to have people ignore you then scream for heals when the pair that took you out go for them.

TL;DR
Living is hard as a clothie healer when no one defends you. I want more armor so I wont sponge die (shields break, pain suppression fades).
Reply Quote
From the lessons I learned you will run out of mana, mana burning a paladin by the time he is at half mana. As I said I do like my priest and when I am hidden I can pretty much turn the tide of a battle, but my problem is that when I am spotted. I am dead in the water.

Priest do have a lot of versatility but that doesn't mean anything when its dispelled or being cursed. I really lost the dedication when I see I am (maybe) the only healer and I can be stun locked in front of a warrior and he wont stop attack the nearly god like holy pally to help me out.
Reply Quote
From the lessons I learned you will run out of mana, mana burning a paladin by the time he is at half mana. As I said I do like my priest and when I am hidden I can pretty much turn the tide of a battle, but my problem is that when I am spotted. I am dead in the water.

Priest do have a lot of versatility but that doesn't mean anything when its dispelled or being cursed. I really lost the dedication when I see I am (maybe) the only healer and I can be stun locked in front of a warrior and he wont stop attack the nearly god like holy pally to help me out.

Sounds like you just need to find some people to pvp with on a regular basis. You'll rarely find team oriented DPS in pug BG's =/

I sometimes have a pocket rogue I go with but because I am in a raiding guild (and I pvp when I am bored) I usually have to go at it alone.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
PUG
Well druid is more susceptible to offensive dispels than any other healer. Unless dispels are brought under control I would be wary of playing Resto druid.
Reply Quote
I have a good strange feeling this character might be permanent shadow PvP.
Reply Quote
62 Draenei Death Knight
Just remember, the team with the most healers wins, so there will always be a place for you. =)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Umm, not really. In rated BGs you will take the best comp of healers and dps, that means about 3-4 healers for a 15m BG. You won't take a Disc if you can get a Holy Paladin or Resto Druid
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]