I can't wait...

85 Human Paladin
...to see you all in Tol Barad. I imagine I will be spending most of my days there, perhaps a new home.

No Mercy!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I hope it doesn't flop as hard as Wintergrasp did. Maybe I'm just jaded.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
will all boil down to how many alliance queue.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I'm still curious as to why Stanz went alliance ;(
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock

instant bg queue pops, that would be the only reason i would ever switch
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Considering it'll have a new rep grind with lots of epic shinies, and the fact that Blizz finally balanced it and WG, I'm sure plenty of people will queue up to fight.

I'm looking forward to it, personally. The Baradin Hold boss (VoA 2.0) looks pretty damn fun.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid

I went alliance to help consolidate people who are good at pvp / want to pvp. It appears most people other than me wimped out and are staying horde. Queue times helped, as they will carry over into the expansion as well. Well, I started playing WoW to pvp in BGs, and now that they're going to be hot stuff again, I want to go back to that - that's the main reason. I will most likely be more stable on horde again by sometime january after the level and arena/BG rating spam have cooled off and I'm coasting along on a decent rating.

Enjoy having to fight your arses off for Tol Barad nearly every game now if you want to win :P WG so far has been a wash for Alliance since the changes, but I'd mostly attribute that to the fact that it's going to take a while for most Horde to realize they can't mindlessly shoot spells at people immune to damage in GYs to win.

I foresee Alliance taking TB on a majority once people realize, but a very slim majority. Just my guess.

Also, my first of many walls of text in the new forums - start putting me on ignore now lol
Edited by Stanzwar on 11/19/2010 9:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
i look forward to challenging fights. i wish wintergrasp hadnt turned out the way it did but once people started realizing there was a severe population imbalance they just exploited it to the its fullest extent and its not fun for either side. i jump for joy when i see that you guys only have 1 or 2 stacks of tenacity rather than 16 or 17.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
New system will be good, because people just typically start boycotting something when they start losing a lot (re: alliance boycotting AV in TBC, BGs now, WG always on this server since they started losing). It'll probably bounce back and forth a lot more. Prime time fights will be SAWEEEEET.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
he xferred to listen to me complain relentlessly about every class in the game

I wonder if Velocity will take credit for cheesy 1 minute zergs in TB, too bwekekekrorlfolol jk guys

To be fair you make up for it with awesome

also wafflefries

mostly wafflefries
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
the new balancing system isn't perfect, but it's far better than flooding the place with imbalanced populations and tenacity. Tenacity only made the usual mindset of the alliance worse, the "Lone Wolf" mentality we seem to have always had. With 14 stacks of tenacity people just want to run around stomping Horde, now they have to work together.

I know it sucks for the Horde because not everyone can get into the battle, but for alliance... It has been so much fun. Challenging fights (Minus some... idiots that queue) and a distinct lack of "CHARGE THE WALL! Oh... God... look at that sea of red... RETREAT!"

The only real way to fix it is to make it a cross server battleground that pops every two and a half hours, but that is going to go against what they wish to make it. At least, that's the only fix I can think of.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
as long as both sides get the full 80 then i dont think our server will suffer much. theres typically only about 80 horde that ever do wg anyways. although durin primetime i have seen 3 different raids.

but like stanz said, should either faction start losin consistently look for that side to stop queuein and then itll revert back to the state wg is in now. the first month or two will be good im sure because of new items, reps, encounters. after the novelty wears off it wont be as important
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm optimistic that having larger quest hubs nearby will encourage people to queue up more. I'm also hopeful that having the quest hubs there will give us some good old fashioned, keep your head on a swivel, world PvP.

I can dream.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Here's hoping.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I wouldn't expect 80 alliance, but maybe now that it's so easy to win with a small premade on this side more people will queue up.

30 or 40 would be good enough for me. i just dont want it to turn into 5v5 again like wednesday nights match. it sounds cool, but i destroyed all the towers by myself and only after i finished destoryin the the second tower did anyone come and try and stop me, and that was only one time =(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Completely unfair that Dok, Doom, and Cheap zerg right for little old Prytanis whenever I do WG as Alliance. You guys are mean.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]