Misere Recruiting

85 Human Rogue
Finally, I will add that you truly seem as much full of yourself as I am and no... I am not mediocre on other servers, ask skullcrusher for masternarf :P

Oh I am. Very much so. No disagreement there.

Except - I'm better than you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
You both drink your milk from bags, therefore you are both inferior to me.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Ha. Not since I moved to the west coast. No bagged milk here.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
We could just get out a measuring stick and settle this the old fashioned way if you guys want?

As someone who has been here since the start, way over 3 years now, I can say with a fair bit of accuracy that virtually every guild who has come to this server with a holier than thou attitude, and hasn't played well with the locals has ended up....well, dead.

Whether they are formed from the "top" members of other guilds, or transferred in, the result is the same; Gnomeregan simply doesn't have the right minded people to be a top raiding server. At best our top guilds will get stuff down months after everyone else does, at worst you'll never get it down (H LK 25 anyone?)

So what are you left with? Well, you're left with a bunch of single moms and people who surprise me every day when they remember to breath, much less tie their own shoelaces. There's plenty of good players here, but most of them are far too loyal to their guild to jump ship. Cross server recruit you say? Sure you can do that, but one look at Gnomeregan (or any guild here) and any player looking for a true high end raiding guild will run for the hills.
It's just the way the server is. I guess it's theoretically possible it will change in Cata, but I certainly won't be holding my breath.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is....Gnomeregan is kinda the place people come to (or back to) to feel good about themselfs when stuff gets too tough on a more progressed server. Hey, we don't fault you for it, just don't pretend you're anything special. After all, you're on Gnomeregan.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
To be honest, if anyone really sincerely wanted to help make the server better, having one good ACTUAL high end raiding guild wouldn't do it, even if they were #1 in the US. Then we'd just have one really good guild and a lot of bad players.

If anyone really wants to make a difference, we'd basically have to have some kind of Adopt-A-Noob system where a guild or individual players pick random #!%!ty players that they think could have potential and try to teach them what's what.

And frankly I don't think most people have the patience for that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
dont you guys have a roster of 200+ already how many more could you need for 25mans lulz
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I do what I need to do to find the players the guild needs, a shaman responded to the call and did great, even very good yesterday. I am looking for competitive players, with great skills in this game, taunting them was a very efficient way that proved to bring good results.

Nobody from Misere is a worthy person.

I am not the nicest person in the world, but jumping from one extreme to another does not help your argument, there is some amazing players right now in Misere, and you owe them at least a little bit of respect for what they are trying to achieve (put gnomer a little bit more on the map)

Sorcath, I do not want your respect, nor do I care about it, but there is truly some amazing players with great integrity and who give their 100% in raids, saying none of them is worthy is just blatantly ignorant.

PS: if you throw the argument welll, it is the same general opinion you made about shamans! I will respond, I had a goal doing it, you are just being mean for the sake of revenge without any rational goal.

You misread what I'm saying Narph, purely sarcasm there. There are plenty of great people in Misere, but the way you go about things is a bit uncouth. It's fine if you're not aiming to garner my respect, I'm not on here trying to make this a competition on who gets to be loved by me, although my many face tentacles are quite adorable, but coming out the door and making such proclamations leads to very few achievements. My argument still holds valid, your irrational approach towards locating an acceptable raider is naive and only obtains few raiders willing to put their ability to the test due to your attitude.

P.S. There are plenty of terrible Shamans on the server, more than you can shake a stick at quite frankly, almost like ElitistJerks is just a whispered tale of old, but handling yourself with a bit of professionalism will probably pay off in the long run when trying to recruit new members. I myself have no motive or goal to speak of. There are only two things I do good, that being break stuff and be myself.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Your point of view as very valid arguments (gosh this conversation is getting way to serious :P) but as Cef said in one of his posts, we are looking for players who are not only players, but can also take criticism ans sometimes, in a harsh way in between raiders. Players who got offended, or took my comment as outrageous are definitely not what I am looking for.

As for your argument about me being irrational, allow me to remind you that I am only looking for a few raiders, and there will be time where this attitude is present in the guild, not only from me. If they cannot handle it, it is best that they stay away for both our parties, it is not naive, it is long term thinking.

I am not looking for you to agree with my statement, and obviously, as you might know, my first statement was exaggerated to create something like this (Keep bumping). The fact remains that it is very hard to find shamans who aren't loyal to their guild and good players.

Narf, i mean no disrespect when I say this but attacking someone's guild is low. Beyond that you insulted a genre of guilds. A genre which is the majority of guilds in WoW; and come Cataclysm you may find yourself competing against ten man guilds across the server and the rest of WoW in general for rank.

I have very little respect for 10man raiding, I was in karazhan at the beginning of TBC when it was very hard, but there is a huge difference, because now 10man raiding is on part with 25man which, in my opinion ( I am right) restrains the raid designers a lot simply by the fact that they want to balance the difficulty (which is impossible) between 25 and 10. You can definitely see they are holding back on their creativity in the youtube videos of the cataclysm raiding but I do not want to get into a 10vs25 debate.

PS : Love your little tentacles sorcath
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
there will be times where this attitude is present in the guild, not only from me.

Became

Sounds like if I really don't want to have fun at a game, want to be constantly criticized, and want to pretend that I'm good when I'm only average, then I should join Misery.

I see what you did there....
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
=]
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
...we are looking for players who are not only players, but can also take criticism ans sometimes, in a harsh way in between raiders. Players who got offended, or took my comment as outrageous are definitely not what I am looking for.

Speaking from personal experience, and having multiple friends in some of the Top 25 world guilds (I have friends I played with in TBC now in Premonition and Vodka, and I have raided with people in Might and Fusion - I only name drop because Monsieur Grenouille here doesn't know me nor my history), this line of thought right here is exactly why Misere will never be anything more than what it is right now.

The vast majority of the best guilds in the world don't need to treat their players like s**t. If someone's f***ing up, you swap them out for the night for a standby and talk with them privately afterwards. You don't berate them publicly - it's gauche and lacking in class and respect (I learned this the hard way a long time ago). Raiding is not the time to criticize publicly (hell, there may never be a time to do so publicly - and that includes within the guild)... all it does is divide the guild.

Change your attitude and the rest will follow.
Edited by Monistutas on 12/2/2010 3:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
...we are looking for players who are not only players, but can also take criticism ans sometimes, in a harsh way in between raiders. Players who got offended, or took my comment as outrageous are definitely not what I am looking for.

Speaking from personal experience, and having multiple friends in some of the Top 25 world guilds (I have friends I played with in TBC now in Premonition and Vodka, and I have raided with people in Might and Fusion - I only name drop because Monsieur Grenouille here doesn't know me nor my history), this line of thought right here is exactly why Misere will never be anything more than what it is right now.

The vast majority of the best guilds in the world don't need to treat their players like s**t. If someone's f***ing up, you swap them out for the night for a standby and talk with them privately afterwards. You don't berate them publicly - it's gauche and lacking in class and respect (I learned this the hard way a long time ago). Raiding is not the time to criticize publicly (hell, there may never be a time to do so publicly - and that includes within the guild)... all it does is divide the guild.

Change your attitude and the rest will follow.

Lol Monistutas... For you to speak so boldly on a topic you have little to no information about surprises me. The invitation was put out there for you to join the guilds "Mumble" during raid times and see exactly how we interact and how exactly the raiding atmosphere is with Misere recruits, such as myself, and core raiders. And yet you go on this unnecessary verbal assault. Why is that sir?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue

Lol Monistutas... For you to speak so boldly on a topic you have little to no information about surprises me. The invitation was put out there for you to join the guilds "Mumble" during raid times and see exactly how we interact and how exactly the raiding atmosphere is with Misere recruits, such as myself, and core raiders. And yet you go on this unnecessary verbal assault. Why is that sir?

Wow, I understand there's a bit of a language gap here, but are you really that dense?
I have plenty of information. More than I need.
You carry yourself on these forums like a tool.
You talk like you're the second coming of Christ to Gnomer.
You say that you will, at times, treat your raiders harshly.

What more information do I need to see? You guys haven't even killed LK25H yet - an easier fight than M'uru was pre-3.0, not to mention KJ.

The best players in the world... of warcraft... don't need to behave like you do - in fact, it's highly discouraged.

Let me repeat myself, slowly, and simply for your comprehension:
YOU DON'T NEED TO TREAT YOUR RAIDERS LIKE CRAP TO GET THEM TO SUCCEED.

You've said quite clearly (I've quoted you verbatim above) that there are occasions where you do.

I'll eat my words the day Misere finishes even in the top 500 a tier or 2 in.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
What part of what he said was a verbal assault by anyone's standards? I've heard Moni verbally assault people, you must have him confused with Bob Ross.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
/sigh

So this is what I'm gathering from you... because Misere lacks the H LK 25, Muru prenerf 3.0, and KJ kill they automatically treat their raiders bad? I'm not going to get into a verbal debate with you because obviously a regular answer wont quench your thirst to troll.

Maybe their definition of "harsh" is different from yours? I remember someone use to have a rep on this server for being exactly what you are yelling at Misere for, Mr. "Situational Awareness". I'm just curious, what does progression has to do with the way you speak to raiders?

This guy treated his raiders like crap and they were pretty successful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvIYRrgZ04
Edited by Dreanai on 12/2/2010 4:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I found out the reason I couldn't name my hunter Bjorn 5 years ago is because Dragonblight's MT had a bank alt named Bjorn.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]