#1 Problem with UH Death Knights in PvP

85 Worgen Death Knight
The cooldown on Raise Dead is much, much too long. A 2 minute cooldown on a pet which is critical to the player as both an offensive and defensive crowd crowd control, as well as a large source of damage is ludicrous, particularly considering the average life span of a ghoul which is being attacked can be ticked off by the second on one hand - TWO with judicious use of an uninterrupted Huddle.

Everything else can be resolved later, but Raise Dead needs its cooldown lowered immediately. This is a PvE problem as well to a lesser extent.
Reply Quote
99 Human Warrior
1) Pets will last longer at 85.

2) Water Elemental is a 3 minute cooldown. Non-"pet class" pets aren't quite as important to their master's survival and so are harder to rez as a result (although hunters are having a hard time on that front too atm).

3) Even if the above weren't true, "lower mah cooldownz" would not really be a solution; you would want either a tougher pet or to be less reliant on your pet.
Reply Quote
87 Orc Warrior
OP
I have to agree with tougher pet being the solution

a lower CD makes the pet meaningless its like a big dot and the abilities might as well just be yours

killing the pet should be a viable route depending on comp but the cost/benefit is way off atm and pets definitely should be made tough enough that it isnt that way
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
pets aren't benefiting from resilience at all which i am hoping is a bug. IMO DKs would be fine with just resilience for their pet. yes the pet is important to the DK however the DK himself isn't extremely hampered when the ghoul dies. if this weren't true then you wouldn't have blood pact bound since I know you do then to some extent you have to agree. mages and DKs can both function and fill a roll without a pet. hunters can't (especially BM). demo locks can't either but their rez mechanics are awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm not a fantastic pvper on my DK, but I haven't had difficulty keeping my pet alive in solo situations in BGs, world pvp, and the like. Please understand that I haven't done extensive arenas or organized pvp with him.

Saying that, I do feel that this change actually gives the strategy of "Kill the pet first" a chance. Before with a DK, even if you could really blow it up fast, the DK would have a minimal time without it. It isn't a game-changer when your pet dies, but it does hurt as you lose some flexibility.

Basically what I'm saying is, this feels balanced. You're not a complete pet class, but you can take care of your pet decently enough. If it happens to die, well, play defensively for a bit and get a new one up.

And yes, Resilience is not being applied to pets currently.

Obligatory AT LEAST YOU'RE NOT A HUNTER post.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
yes the pet is important to the DK however the DK himself isn't extremely hampered when the ghoul dies. if this weren't true then you wouldn't have blood pact bound since I know you do then to some extent you have to agree.

Eh, a Dk's pet is 30-35% of his total dmg in PvE and it can be much higher than that in PvP depending on how good your opponent is at kiting =P

Death Pact is an absolutely horrible trade-off for unholy now, but it is still better to sac the pet and live rather than not and die.

I think the 2 minutes CD is manageable once pets get resilience and they fix their hp scaling at 85 (DK pets having 70-80k hp glyphed while Hunter and lock pets have 100k+). Hopefully they've fixed the pets not rezing with you in BG's and randomly despawning when mounting too! =D
Edited by Ouchilicious on 11/19/2010 8:13 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]