The Death of Oqueue? (5.4.2)

90 Orc Hunter

and it disable the report function?

Yes. You can't report people for spamming or hacking or such when OQueue is enabled. I have no idea why.
90 Night Elf Druid

Yes. You can't report people for spamming or hacking or such when OQueue is enabled. I have no idea why.

Just found out that's what was blocking me about 18 hours ago.

Still buttmad about it >:|

LFR is Satan's spawn.

LFR is an inanimate object.

The people IN LFR are Satan's spawn. Credit where it's due.
Edited by Amyiss on 12/5/2013 11:24 AM PST
90 Undead Priest

I tested this last night, and was able to (or at least, the menu came up when I right clicked a name), but i'm still running 1.6.6. If this is broken in 1.6.7, I kind of doubt it's intentional.
Edited by Darisarix on 12/5/2013 11:27 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
If oQueue does get "blocked" and it's possible. I don't see this occurring until 6.0.

oQueue is easy to install / download using WoW Matrix which updates all your add-ons without paying for the service like Curse requires. From the description of the updates, this updated group builder doesn't include open world activities like 5-mans, quests or farming. And while that's a minor loss, it's still something they should include.

Either way, so long as their system works, I'm fine either way.

However, Blizzard should know this. If their system doesn't work well or is sub-par and they block oQueue they will regret the backlash.

The QQ threads are going to be truly hilarious if they block it.

They will be sad if the replacement doesn't meet the players' requirements. Blizzard should tread lightly on this until they are confident theirs is better.

It would be far better to let oQueue die of attrition because Blizzards' is better than to squash it.... ala quest helper, etc.

OQ is just as Toxic as LFR.

The players are what is toxic. So blizzard creating it's own group-builder isn't going to make it immune either.
90 Night Elf Druid

I tested this last night, and was able to (or at least, the menu came up when I right clicked a name), but i'm still running 1.6.6. If this is broken in 1.6.7, I kind of doubt it's intentional.

The pattern I found was you can report one or two people in a play session. After that (or if you 'miss' the right person because chat is going to fast) - the option no longer appears.

A /reloadd UI fixes it temporarily but of course the offensive language disappears and you can't report it :P

Like I said, I'm buttmad.
Edited by Amyiss on 12/5/2013 11:53 AM PST
90 Human Warrior
12/05/2013 11:20 AMPosted by Amyiss
In this case, making this feature as "in your face" as possible would be a good idea. Even patch notes aren't going to be enough. I suspect the VAST majority of the players in WoW simply don't bother reading the patch notes. At least not unless it's part of the login screen (and even then, they may just click Ok blindly through it).

Somehow you kids were able to find LFR just fine.

It'll be ok.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but LFR was introduced with Cata no? I was under the impression it was a new feature added with a new expansion (along with what I assume was a revamp of the UI--I started a couple of months before MoP so I don't have the necessary history). It also was wrapped in the same dialog as 5 man content. Effectively making it a one stop shop for raid and non-raid queuing mechanism.

This is a (minor) point release patch with the feature buried somewhere that most players don't even bother using, let alone associate with "raid" (I can sort of see the reasoning behind why a raid feature is in the social panel, but that only makes sense pre-LFR days).

I expect a Cata's LFRish UI change with WoD for this feature. Which is why I said the usage level will probably be very high with the release of WoD. But the usage right now will be much, MUCH lower. That means we'll probably uncover some load/traffic related bugs with WoD's release.

Given all the other features that WoD is going to introduce, I'd rather they front load this feature a bit more and shake out any glaring bugs prior to WoD's release (where I'm sure devs will be busy chasing down content bugs along with other feature bugs).
90 Human Death Knight
LFR came when Dragon Soul was released. So basically the last content patch of Cataclysm.
90 Night Elf Druid
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but LFR was introduced with Cata no? I was under the impression it was a new feature added with a new expansion (along with what I assume was a revamp of the UI--I started a couple of months before MoP so I don't have the necessary history). It also was wrapped in the same dialog as 5 man content. Effectively making it a one stop shop for raid and non-raid queuing mechanism.

This is a (minor) point release patch with the feature buried somewhere that most players don't even bother using, let alone associate with "raid" (I can sort of see the reasoning behind why a raid feature is in the social panel, but that only makes sense pre-LFR days)

LFR was introduced in the last patch of Cataclysm with the release of Dragon Soul in 4.3. LFD was introduced in patch 3.3 - with ICC. These were both end-of-expansion additions and not 'new perks' of the next revision of the game.

If someone knows where it is (a PTR tester, a forum goer, a patch-note-reader), then they can move information about useful tools very fast to the rest of the community.

Keep in mind that before Flex, most people had never heard of OQ, and within four weeks of that release it's usership had doubled. That wasn't patch notes - that was word of mouth.
Edited by Amyiss on 12/5/2013 12:07 PM PST
90 Goblin Death Knight
Never should of removed /4 Looking for Group
90 Undead Priest

The pattern I found was you can report one or two people in a play session. After that (or if you 'miss' the right person because chat is going to fast) - the option no longer appears.

A /reloadd UI fixes it temporarily but of course the offensive language disappears and you can't report it :P

That very much sounds non-intentional and oqueue might have tickled a bug in blizzard ui code even. A quick look at 1.67 didn't show any intentionally disabling of the ability to report in oqueue.lua, oqueue.xml, or the chat filtering code.

As such, i'm not sure this is really pitchfork-worthy.
90 Human Death Knight

That very much sounds non-intentional and oqueue might have tickled a bug in blizzard ui code even. A quick look at 1.67 didn't show any intentionally disabling of the ability to report in oqueue.lua, oqueue.xml, or the chat filtering code.

No but if it was. I'd probably want to gut Tiny for trying to play with the big boys

P.S. Your goblin's nose...is....bigger then usual.
90 Night Elf Druid

I didn't say it was intentional, I said I'm mad about it :P

Mind you we'll never know because Tiny throws a fit every time someone asks for better documentation.
90 Undead Priest

P.S. Your goblin's nose...is....bigger then usual.

No, it's always that size. I'm not sure why I didn't notice until I went from 85-90. I'm probably switching to forsaken soon anyways, so I guess it doesn't matter.
90 Undead Priest

Mind you we'll never know because Tiny throws a fit every time someone asks for better documentation.

Well, he provides a changelist per release, and there's the source code. I'd be happier if he provided access to a readonly view of his version control system for revision history, but that's pretty minor.
90 Night Elf Druid

Well, he provides a changelist per release, and there's the source code. I'd be happier if he provided access to a readonly view of his version control system for revision history, but that's pretty minor.

*half-hearted pitchfork waving*
Community Manager
Since we're still seeing some confusion about the Group Finder, let me try to clear up what I can:

There are two completely separate developments going on here. One is the cross-realm functionality being added to our existing Raid Browser in patch 5.4.2. This is totally unrelated to the new Group Finder we announced at Blizzcon. Basically, we discovered that we could pretty easily add cross-realm browsing to the Raid Browser for 5.4 content, so we've done that in 5.4.2.

6.0's Group Finder is an entirely different thing being built from scratch. It'll allow you to find or create groups for basically any content you can think of, be it raids, dungeons, PvP, questing... heck, you could start a group for running laps in Dalaran if you wanted. It also won't be hidden away someplace that the majority of the playerbase won't notice -- it's gonna be a lot more front-and-center.

A lot of players are drawing parallels between our new Group Finder and the oQueue addon, and that's a perfectly valid comparison. We've been thrilled to see how people have taken to oQueue for finding organized groups, especially in 5.4, and feel that's the sort of thing that the game really should be providing to all players. We're not trying to "kill oQueue"; in fact, a lot of us use it ourselves. We just think that cross-realm group finding should really be part of the core game.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks for the clarification, Lore.
84 Blood Elf Hunter
Yah, with Tiny's attitude they wont be hiring him

Just sayin'

His *attitude* is actually just what they need at Blizzard. Also I hear complaints of GC/Holinka giving players some attitude over Twitter.

Just sayin'

What, Blizzard needs to hire the man who threw a temper-tantrum when /follow was broken for BGs, and threatened to take down OQ unless people bugged Blizzard until they reinstated /follow?
90 Human Warlock
Since we're still seeing some confusion about the Group Finder, let me try to clear up what I can:

There are two completely separate developments going on here. One is the cross-realm functionality being added to our existing Raid Browser in patch 5.4.2. This is totally unrelated to the new Group Finder we announced at Blizzcon. Basically, we discovered that we could pretty easily add cross-realm browsing to the Raid Browser for 5.4 content, so we've done that in 5.4.2.

6.0's Group Finder is an entirely different thing being built from scratch. It'll allow you to find or create groups for basically any content you can think of, be it raids, dungeons, PvP, questing... heck, you could start a group for running laps in Dalaran if you wanted. It also won't be hidden away someplace that the majority of the playerbase won't notice -- it's gonna be a lot more front-and-center.

A lot of players are drawing parallels between our new Group Finder and the oQueue addon, and that's a perfectly valid comparison. We've been thrilled to see how people have taken to oQueue for finding organized groups, especially in 5.4, and feel that's the sort of thing that the game really should be providing to all players. We're not trying to "kill oQueue"; in fact, a lot of us use it ourselves. We just think that cross-realm group finding should really be part of the core game.

So how come oq is allowed to violate the addon policy and the tos?
90 Human Death Knight
Cinder Kitty meows with juicy infoz!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]