The Death of Oqueue? (5.4.2)

90 Troll Warlock

It actually does nothing of the sort, and the fact that you call it a "horrible addon in general" without an real reasoning shows that you have some sort of personal vendetta against it. Let me guess, did oQueue also drain your bank account and send inappropriate pictures to your boss and mother?

Nice try, though.

OpenRaid creates puppies out of marshmallows.

And then crushes our competitors with them.

The problem with posters like that is that it makes it difficult to differentiate actual bugs/problems (like the WA gold-trading lua exploit) from made up nonsense like this about oqueue.

If the OP in that case would have written, "So I downloaded this Aura for WA the other day, and noticed that I lost a bunch of gold without doing anything. Oh and WA is a horrible addon and it's developer is a jerk and I hope he gets banned and the addon dies." there's a more than reasonable chance that he wouldn't be taken seriously. Because that's not how one participates in a rational discussion.
Edited by Annorroth on 12/5/2013 3:17 PM PST
90 Human Death Knight

OpenRaid creates puppies out of marshmallows.

And then crushes our competitors with them.

The problem with posters like that is that it makes it difficult to differentiate actual bugs/problems (like the WA gold-trading lua exploit) from made up nonsense like this about oqueue.

If the OP in that case would have written, "So I downloaded this Aura for WA the other day, and noticed that I lost a bunch of gold without doing anything. Oh and WA is a horrible addon and it's developer is a jerk and I hope he gets banned and the addon dies." there's a more than reasonable chance that he wouldn't be taken seriously. Because that's not how one participates in a rational discussion.

Considering how I've heard the developer having a crappy attitude in general from more then one place. I suspect it may be true. Of course I will not confirm it until I have enough proof.
90 Troll Warlock

Considering how I've heard the developer having a crappy attitude in general from more then one place. I suspect it may be true. Of course I will not confirm it until I have enough proof.

I've spoken to him about his addon, and he's actually quite a pleasant person. Though I can understand his snappiness when attempting to rationally reply to make up FUD about a project that he develops for free for the community.
90 Human Death Knight

I've spoken to him about his addon, and he's actually quite a pleasant person. Though I can understand his snappiness when attempting to rationally reply to make up FUD about a project that he develops for free for the community.

We shall see.
90 Draenei Paladin

I saw a poster who was raving about how wonderful OQ is and just to prove that the maker wasn't really serious about the "donate beer" button, he bragged that he has never donated a dime to OQ.... the maker was very quick to call that person a freeloader.

He isn't even nice to people who like his addon unless they pay, much less the people who dare to make posts about having to uninstall it due to so many issues.
90 Night Elf Druid

I don't really care if OQ lives or dies, I don't think I've used it for anything in three weeks.

I care the guy who writes it is a jerk and my ui was glitched by his.... fabulous piece of work until I disabled it last night (had no idea it was OQ caused).

Not that the OQ Defense Force is interested in 'rational discussion' that doesn't involve insulting and accusing everyone around them of all sorts of interesting things anyway.

I saw a poster who was raving about how wonderful OQ is and just to prove that the maker wasn't really serious about the "donate beer" button, he bragged that he has never donated a dime to OQ.... the maker was very quick to call that person a freeloader.

I don't even know if this is true but it lines up so well with the rest of his behavior that it's hard to tell.
Edited by Amyiss on 12/5/2013 3:32 PM PST
90 Orc Shaman
This is great--love the response, Blizzard.

OQueue is the main reason I have continued to play World of Warcraft (what with Icecrown being so dead).

OQueue has made me connect with new people across servers. I've made friends and have actually increased my play time, getting into rated RBGs this season. Hopefully you guys can cook up something smoother and even better.

I seriously doubt I would be playing without such functionality. Or if I was, it would be very lonesome.
90 Troll Warlock

He isn't even nice to people who like his addon unless they pay, much less the people who dare to make posts about having to uninstall it due to so many issues.

I saw a poster who was ranting about how much they liked Openraid, and the Openraid operators made vulgar remarks about his playstyle, his family, his profession and the color of his skin. They're obviously just nasty people with a disregard for everyone else.

Of course, both of our statements are just hearsay without a source. But hearsay is fun, right?
Edited by Annorroth on 12/5/2013 3:35 PM PST
Community Manager
12/05/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Mazzrim
Or do you thinking having everyone on each other friend's list is how Blizzard is going to implement it?

The 6.0 Group Finder will not rely on BattleTags or RealID to form groups, no. Of course, you're more than welcome to share that information yourself with players you meet, and make new friends!
90 Human Death Knight

I saw a poster who was ranting about how much they liked Openraid, and the Openraid operators made vulgar remarks about his playstyle, his family, his profession and the color of his skin. They're obviously just nasty people with a disregard for everyone else.

Of course, both of our statements are just hearsay without a source. But hearsay is fun, right?

The fact it keeps coming up to me is apparent. But you mocked that person's post so I'm more inclined to believe Cocoa over someone wanting to mock another person.

The 6.0 Group Finder will not rely on BattleTags or RealID to form groups, no. Of course, you're more than welcome to share that information yourself with players you meet, and make new friends!

Nice.
Edited by Lillyisa on 12/5/2013 3:39 PM PST

Well its a little more complex than that. Oqueue does mess with your battletag friends list, it adds people and removes them, its usually pretty good about doing only what it needs except when things go wrong, which they sometimes do. It usually only sends its messages on hidden channels to other oqueue users, except when things go wrong, which they sometimes do. Tiny's pretty good about fixing serious bugs like that, he's less good about changing things he doesn't percieve as bugs, in fact he's downright hostile about it.

For all the cool and good things Oqueue does, I find it a constant source of frustration as an addon. The fact that it changes things that have nothing to do with its addon by default is unpleasant. I keep having to go in and change the class portraits setting so that I can see people in unitframes again everytime I log on an alt, why is that feature on by default? Trying to wait list a specific group is downright trying as the list shifts and moves while you are trying to click. I get notified about how much of whatever I am earning after every activity I do, regardless of whether Oqueue was involved or not, I really don't need to know my hourly lesser charm of good fortune rate after I leave the celestial tourney. Then there's the contracts and the scores and the other features that just clutter things up, its kind of a trainwreck of stuff that isn't useful wrapped around one feature that is.

And of course last of all there's the fact that the addon breaks the addon policy. Blatantly. It really sucks that it does, but its not FUD, its the truth. The addon solicits donations in game, and its a shame Blizz allows it to continue because of its popularity. For that reason alone I really hope that the new raid finder kills it. I feel like a hypocrite everytime I use it because there are countless other addons that have as much time and love and effort put into them that honor the addon policy, and I feel like their work is cheapened a bit. I would remove the donate button, but Tiny has told me directly that modifying his addon is not just a bannable offense (most of the 14 or so people globally banned in the addon code got that way by modifying the addon), but is in fact illegal as he will enforce the copyright on it. I know there's no way he can see if I am just removing the donate button, but he seems to care a lot.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/05/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Lore
Or do you thinking having everyone on each other friend's list is how Blizzard is going to implement it?

Zen
90 Orc Shaman

This is proof that you guys actually listen to us.

I just want to say, I am truly thankful for this.
90 Troll Warlock

The fact it keeps coming up to me is apparent. But you mocked that person's post so I'm more inclined to believe Cocoa over someone wanting to mock another person.

It's funny, because both of our statements were just as valid, both of the same type (hearsay), and supported with just as much evidence in the form of sources.

But hey, believe the one that supports the agenda you already had.

Edit: In fact if you google (google search indexes the wow forums) Tinysmasher freeloader, not a single result comes up. Because it never happened.
Edited by Annorroth on 12/5/2013 3:45 PM PST
90 Draenei Shaman

I like how lore talks with us and not at us like some of the older devs do sometimes. Its really refreshing.
90 Dwarf Hunter
12/05/2013 12:57 PMPosted by Lore
6.0's Group Finder is an entirely different thing being built from scratch. It'll allow you to find or create groups for basically any content you can think of, be it raids, dungeons, PvP, questing... heck, you could start a group for running laps in Dalaran if you wanted.

Thanks Lore! I'm really looking forward to this! ^.^
90 Night Elf Druid

No dear, the fun part is the OpenRaid folks have never come barging into one of these threads screaming about how 'if you don't like OR you must be a shill for Blizzard/MMO-Champ/Lizard Jesus or too stupid to understand it's brilliant UI'.

Tiny's great because historically he's assisted in his own character assassination. I'm a little upset he hasn't shown up yet to tell us about how horrible and wrong we all are.
Edited by Amyiss on 12/5/2013 3:49 PM PST
90 Orc Death Knight
But with OQ you can put restrictions, view how well they've done before, and how well they're liked with the public. Openraid had a reputation how well people liked your raids and gave you upvotes. Is there any way they will add something like that to help people avoid groups lead by bad players, mean leaders or elitist jerks?
90 Tauren Death Knight
interesting read.

let's see... in the last 4 pages i saw: call outs. name calling. slander. half truths. whole lies. hmm, wasn't there a forum behavior policy somewhere?

as for the news, i would hope to hell a billion dollar mega corp with hundreds of devs and graphic artists that control the servers and api could do a radically smoother job at implementing a synchronized x-realm bulletin board (essentially what it is) then a single guy coding it in his loft at night. the multi-cast channel alone between the data centers should easily replace the mesh... as i mentioned to them pre-blizzcon. as for everything else, the guys @ blizz know what they're doing... they've been doing it for years (plus it helps if you get stuck to walk into the guys office and ask him why a call doesn't work). from everything i've seen, i have no doubt they can make a solid replacement and increase player satisfaction across all realms.

btw... for the rest of you... you're welcome.

moving forward, let's see if we can salvage the purpose for playing and what motivates people to log in. i'd hope to see a push towards large meta concepts like leadership rank and coordinated groups accomplishing a goal or fighting against other players to achieve some longer objective. (i personally think a limited amount of guild housing and a system for building it up while fighting over the scarce locations would work very nicely)

i'd also like to see a harsh stance against trolls as their whole mission is to destroy the enjoyment of the player's experience. in-game and in the forums. it's pretty sad when the game devs avoid the place due to the trolling. that's when you know it's out of control.
90 Human Death Knight
What are these half truths and whole lies. I'd like to see them...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]