Devs and CM's, please converse with us more=)

90 Orc Death Knight
Lol awww Miri - your questions...absolutely overlooked it would seem! :(
90 Orc Shaman
We've brought it up, but I'm not sure it's in the cards. Guess we'll all have to find out!

Pleeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeeeeee???? *orc puppy eyes* I've wanted to be a brown orc since always. I was really disheartened when I could not be one in Cata despite seeing brown orcs everywhere in Garrosh's forces and he himself being a brown orc. *sniff*
90 Blood Elf Monk
k I got a question for you good Blizz sir: Why did you not add a new race or class in this xpac when you have been doing so for the past 9 years? Like is it trading improvement for class/race additions?
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/03/2013 07:35 PMPosted by Daxxarri
We've brought it up, but I'm not sure it's in the cards. Guess we'll all have to find out!

Think of it this way, as this can be a lore work-a-round:

Brown-skinned Orcs are already on Draenor. Not every Orc is going to be with Garrosh, namely the Frostwolf Clan. If we the players are sided with the Frostwolf Clan that gives ample room for them to side with the revolutionary Horde under Vol'jin's new banner, and gives us the young and able of the Frostwolf Clan - brown Orcs - in the new Horde. I am sure that there might be another clan or two out there not partial to Garrosh's calling, no?

Why'd you go boomchicken? What level, and what are you enjoying most about it?

I leveled a boomchicken. I enjoyed levels 40-48, 70-80 and 90 most. I mostly like the transitioning from Nature to Arcane.

wondering why we still have no gnome hunters

ಠ_ಠ

phew.
90 Goblin Shaman
k I got a question for you good Blizz sir: Why did you not add a new race or class in this xpac when you have been doing so for the past 9 years? Like is it trading improvement for class/race additions?

We just got both a new class and a new race this expac. I think we need to let the guys balance what we have for an expac before adding even more of either.

Sorry guys: I think I chased Daxx away :(.
Edited by Jujubiju on 12/3/2013 7:44 PM PST
90 Draenei Priest
Yeeees!

I think the best especially (which always makes and made me smile), was when the CM's would occasionally chime in and tell us all little jokes. :p Made my day everytime.
90 Night Elf Druid
But we're here now. Wanna hang out for a bit? What have you guys been up to?

Hey Daxxarri, I actually have a legitimate question while you're around.

What will happen to Challenge Modes when WoD is released?

Will the rewards still be the same, will our gear and level still scale down to the content's appropriate level?
Edited by Teradan on 12/3/2013 7:47 PM PST
90 Dwarf Warrior
While you're listening/watching ... Brown Skin for Orcs in WoD? :D

Since that's in the talks, are Wildhammer Dwarves tatoos in the talks too? Or even better: Earthen Dwarf skins? That would be great.
Edited by Cobble on 12/3/2013 7:46 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Hunter
We just got both a new class and a new race this expac. I think we need to let the guys balance what we have for an expac before adding even more of either.

Sorry guys: I think I chased Daxx away :(.

Was it not stated that Monks are in a happily balanced spot right now?

With the stat squish coming in WoD, or pre-WoD patch, I think the balancing of everything else will come pretty nicely and easily. I think it was said we will be brought to roughly 6% of current stats?
90 Gnome Warrior
wondering why we still have no gnome hunters

ಠ_ಠ

what could it mean?

/starts taking out of context
Community Manager
Jesus christ are you serious? You actually think what you say and them saying "oh we'll look into it" matters at all?

Here's a quote from Holinka an hour ago

While I acknowledge that tweet could have been phrased better, that was an out of context response to a conversation. I won't presume to speak for Brian, but according to my interpretation and within the context of that conversation, I think what he's trying to get across (within the limitations of Twitter) is that we make changes based on a perceived need, not merely because a volume of ideas for changes exist.

We say 'we'll look into it' all the time. I've said it many times myself, on a variety of topics, and it does alert us to situations where a change or adjustment is merited. If you don't believe that what the community has to say has an impact? Well, evidence of the opposite is all around you.

Making 90s out of those of my numerous alts who aren't there yet. 11th one last Saturday; 12th one "soon"™....

I plan to use my boost to play with opposite faction pals on a realm where my leveled characters are all one faction. Lookin' forward to it!
90 Blood Elf Hunter

ಠ_ಠ

what could it mean?

/starts taking out of context

That's the emoticon for disapproval :P

12/03/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Daxxarri
I plan to use my boost to play with opposite faction pals on a realm where my leveled characters are all one faction. Lookin' forward to it!

Hey, I thought of this first! Get your own idea! :<
Edited by Bretherezen on 12/3/2013 7:50 PM PST
90 Human Warlock
Why'd you go boomchicken? What level, and what are you enjoying most about it?

83 on way to 84. Theres a glyph that can alter the boomy's form to mimic that of an astral form..why? I like it better...that beak...*shudder* I like casters, I have a 90 lock, this one, and a holy priest / shadow offspec. I used to run melee but never liked them, I seem to have an affinity with casters in general.

Druids also have several forms that are extremely useful, one of my main delights is leaping off a high building and changing to flight form mid fall..used it many times in Northrend. Aquatic form (orca) made underwater work in quests a breeze, as an orca in Vashjir, I felt like part of the vast ocean around me.

Balance druids are a versatile class with skills that can meet almost every need in an instance or dungeon, have fair to middling self heals and can alternate nertween instacast spells (wrath) to heavy hitters (starsurge + starfire), using force of nature / typhoon and entangling roots means I can keep the enemy at a distance and still pound him into mulch before he gets his paws on me.

The Balance focus / solar / lunar eclipse also means I can use spells that are appropriate for the attack / defence strategy as the fight itself evolves. Shifting eclipse means some spells pack more of a punch when I need them....which suits me as not every fight is melee heavy and I can adapt as needed.

Not big on tanking,mind you, and my heals spec is quite viable...all in all, the class brings a lot to the table. Having a cast spell (Moonglade) that can send me to Kalimdor anytime I need to, means I dont need mages or ports.

Druids are a multiskill, adaptable class, and I am enjoying it thoroughly.
Edited by Mirisanelle on 12/3/2013 8:02 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/03/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Mirisanelle
Theres a glyph that can alter the boomy's form to mimic that of an astral form..why?

Not everybody loves their chicken thunder-sized.
90 Night Elf Druid
But we're here now. Wanna hang out for a bit? What have you guys been up to?

Not much. Fell down stairs, sprained my ankle, spent Thanksgiving in the ER, set fire to the kitchen heating up leftovers, then got into a car accident trying to finish Christmas shopping on one foot.

But I'm still happy because I'm finally getting my hippo in the next expansion!! Thanks, guys!

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2013/november/hippo.jpg

Edited by Hippeaux on 12/3/2013 7:56 PM PST
90 Human Warlock

I kindas like the sparkles. The chicken form seems....odd. Ever seen a boomy on a mount? It's a weird sight...
Edited by Mirisanelle on 12/3/2013 7:57 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
12/03/2013 07:56 PMPosted by Mirisanelle

I kindas like the sparkles. The chicken form seems....weird. Ever seen a boomy on a mount? It's a weird sight...

Litteraly the #1 reason I still play my moonkin. I HATED looking at moonkin form all of the time, was a welcomed addition to the class.

edit:It might be a bad thing because now I have a different xmog set every day of the week
Edited by Teradan on 12/3/2013 7:58 PM PST
90 Night Elf Death Knight

While I acknowledge that tweet could have been phrased better, that was an out of context response to a conversation. I won't presume to speak for Brian, but according to my interpretation and within the context of that conversation, I think what he's trying to get across (within the limitations of Twitter) is that we make changes based on a perceived need, not merely because a volume of ideas for changes exist.

We say 'we'll look into it' all the time. I've said it many times myself, on a variety of topics, and it does alert us to situations where a change or adjustment is merited. If you don't believe that what the community has to say has an impact? Well, evidence of the opposite is all around you.

Making 90s out of those of my numerous alts who aren't there yet. 11th one last Saturday; 12th one "soon"™....

Heh - I'm hoping I actually won't have one of each class at 90 when the xpac lands. I need a few left over to boost.... since I have so many active accounts. Truthfully, I could use those all on horde - but I don't play horde that much. Still just not really my "side"....
Edited by Anikyre on 12/3/2013 7:59 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
12/03/2013 07:56 PMPosted by Mirisanelle

I kindas like the sparkles. The chicken form seems....odd. Ever seen a boomy on a mount? It's a weird sight...

My moonkin on her Swift White Hawkstrider is the best thing ever.

Also, you haven't lived until you've seen a moonkin in the sidecar of the chopper/mechano-hog.
90 Human Warlock
Also, you haven't lived until you've seen a moonkin in the sidecar of the chopper/mechano-hog.

Been there, seen that. Surprised I fit into the sidecar....
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]