Blizzard and the Burden of Eternity algorithm

90 Gnome Mage
If you have all noticed as you have progressed through the Timeless isle and got loot for your character and for alts there is one elusive thing....the Burden of Eternity. If you have played the game enough you will notice a common drop rate for items. The beginning of a quest you get a drop rate for those items like multiple Burdens of Eternity at the beginning of your timeless isle runs, then they stop...drag on forever and you get them every soo often. But as you near the end of your needs for upgrading gear for Burdens of eternity, the drop rate actually increases to the point where you have all the burdens you need, all your TI items are upgraded and still get a lot of burdens of eternity...this is because the system recognizes you don't need that many now, you can't trade them to other characters and so it gives you the burdens which are useless to you now.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Hello my name is Captain Obvious and I am a gnome.
Reply Quote
97 Gnome Mage
You know what is discouraging? going there with a friend and having to BUY a burden because you haven't gotten on to drop off anything in months, and then your friend gets 4 more just playing the box game in the cave with about 10 keys (I went through about 20k coins and got nothing but more coins and that stupid pet I can't do anything with except sell. Just makes me want to delete my character and quit .
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
really its gambling and training impulse formation.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
My friend got most of his from the mobs of ordos before the gate houlon is at. He got a bunch so try there. I also think being in a party increases your drops because that's the whole point of timeless isle.

You guys are welcome to group with me and we can try to get some. Just let me know.
Edited by Gameofgnomes on 12/4/2013 1:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You know what is discouraging? going there with a friend and having to BUY a burden because you haven't gotten on to drop off anything in months, and then your friend gets 4 more just playing the box game in the cave with about 10 keys (I went through about 20k coins and got nothing but more coins and that stupid pet I can't do anything with except sell. Just makes me want to delete my character and quit .

So you want to quit because you can't get welfare epics that don't do anything for you anyway since you don't raid?

Sheesh
Reply Quote
97 Gnome Mage
12/04/2013 02:04 AMPosted by Tsumitsuki

So you want to quit because you can't get welfare epics that don't do anything for you anyway since you don't raid?

Sheesh

I don't raid or even play on this toon anymore since they borked frost mages. You might want to quit making ASSumtions!
Edited by Magnata on 12/4/2013 2:09 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]