So wait...LFD/LFR are going away?

90 Worgen Hunter
12/06/2013 04:09 PMPosted by Lannister
Aye, but, that was never the case really. People cried (not you per se), for combined realms, the ability to once again, group up like "old times" when WoW was at it's prime.

No, people cried because being on a dead realm was borderline unplayable. You couldn't raid normals even if you were really good and really wanted to and had all the free time in the world because there weren't enough people around.

And god help you if you didn't have a character with max level of a certain profession but you needed something from that profession. If you were lucky enough to find it on the auction house, they cost more than the entire server's total gold.

People didn't want the "/2 lftank for X" back, people just wanted to be able to play the end game.
Edited by Sparklehappy on 12/6/2013 4:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
LFD/LFR are not being changed. In WoD they want to encourage people to get less random people in LFD and are thus adding more tools, but overall they aren't being changed significantly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
12/06/2013 04:46 PMPosted by Sparklehappy
Aye, but, that was never the case really. People cried (not you per se), for combined realms, the ability to once again, group up like "old times" when WoW was at it's prime.

No, people cried because being on a dead realm was borderline unplayable. You couldn't raid normals even if you were really good and really wanted to and had all the free time in the world because there weren't enough people around.

And god help you if you didn't have a character with max level of a certain profession but you needed something from that profession. If you were lucky enough to find it on the auction house, they cost more than the entire server's total gold.

People didn't want the "/2 lftank for X" back, people just wanted to be able to play the end game.

Sure, maybe a few realms. But now, there is CRZ and for many, combined realms (or coming soon). Other than a few realms like Venture Co., this is no longer an issue. Unless of course, these people still want o grasp that low pop mentality, but demand a high pop solution or rewards.

Even on Venture Co., which is low low Horde, you can still, even a couple years ago, if you actually try, form groups and met new people.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
12/06/2013 05:00 PMPosted by Feanorion
But they combined dead realms, something the masses wanted, in order to fix this. It's not fixed is it? Or are people just lazy as Hell?

My realm is dead, and has been for years. It is still not combined. Only a small fraction of realms have been combined.

Sit tight, it's coming! :) Faster than ever, getting faster by the week.

And when it does, the joys of people everywhere, farming, killing, talking crap will be shared for all.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
12/06/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Lannister
Why not? Isn't that what everyone wanted when they cried for combined realms?

I never asked for that. I wish I could queue for normal mode raids. Granted, I'd hate it and quickly leave and never use it again, but still.

I don't like spamming trade for anything less than a raid. I just don't feel like it and god forbid someone drop group. At least in Flex we can keep rolling with 13.

12/06/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Lannister
So finding one person for a 5man is a big deal now?
No, it isn't. That is the way I see it. LFR/Normal is is kind of big deal. 5 mans are not a big deal therefor not worth the time to pug.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
So my question becomes are they seriously doing away with the current LFD/LFR system that is in place for WoD, or am I totally misunderstanding this.

We're not getting rid of LFR or LFD. We're just creating an easier way for players who want to do content without random matchmaking to find other players.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You can use it for all kinds of things. For example, want to go kill zandalari warbringers but can't solo it? You could list that and other people wanting to do it too could join. You wouldn't have to stand in town begging people either.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Soooo... will one the options be to just outright stop players from certain servers from being in your group? I mean I'd gladly queue for six hours just to avoid getting A52 in my group. Call me weird but getting whispered that I'm an effin (expletive changed so there's no funny symbols) scrub and that I should go get killed in a car crash doesn't exactly fill me with warm and fuzzies for people from said realm. In fact 96% of my issue with LFR comes when I get grouped with people from A 52. Insulting comment about DPS 9/10ths of the time A 52 player. Insulting comment about Tanking ,Healing, Or a DPS Recount Meter spammed without asking 9/10th of the time A 52 player.

I could go on but I feel my point is made please try and work on realm ban for your grouping options. I'd rather die a lot and have fun with a less then awesome performing group then get a stellar group and spend most of my time clicking ignore cause of toxic behavior.
Edited by Synterathe on 12/6/2013 6:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah, learn to read before jumping to conclusions, OP. /facepalm /sigh
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2013 06:06 PMPosted by Lore
So my question becomes are they seriously doing away with the current LFD/LFR system that is in place for WoD, or am I totally misunderstanding this.

We're not getting rid of LFR or LFD. We're just creating an easier way for players who want to do content without random matchmaking to find other players.

So, is it like an oQueue format?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/06/2013 07:39 PMPosted by Talianore

So, is it like an oQueue format?

yes
Reply Quote

THIS IS WIN
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
yay
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
They are just giving you more tools to get groups going without sitting in queue, rewarding you for grouping with friends or staying in a good groups and re queuing for dungeons instead of disbanding at the end.
Reply Quote
so let me get this straight. blizzard has just done a complete 180 degree about face on their philosophy? they now want people, and will "pay" them more to form their own groups. so i guess solo DPS will face longer queues, or be forced to pug. sort of like the LFR fiasco with flex.

is it just me, or is every decision lately by blizz, "spun" to help us, when in fact, it's helping them, and screwing us? or at least the non-vocal majority?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
so let me get this straight. blizzard has just done a complete 180 degree about face on their philosophy? they now want people, and will "pay" them more to form their own groups. so i guess solo DPS will face longer queues, or be forced to pug. sort of like the LFR fiasco with flex.

is it just me, or is every decision lately by blizz, "spun" to help us, when in fact, it's helping them, and screwing us? or at least the non-vocal majority?

when have they ever NOT wanted us to form our own groups? if they didnt want us to form our own groups, there wouldnt be gathering stones. there wouldn't be normal, heroic, and now flex mode.

they implemented lfr and lfd because people asked for something to allow them to get in dungeons/raids w/o pugging and/or being in a raid guild.

not sure what flex fiasco you are talking about. flex is awesome. my dps main gets in flex groups all the time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
when have they ever NOT wanted us to form our own groups? if they didnt want us to form our own groups, there wouldnt be gathering stones. there wouldn't be normal, heroic, and now flex mode.

Exactly....we always used to be able to form our own groups in the past and I personally prefer it (and my main spec is DPS). It gives you more control over who is in your group. I love flex because it makes it easier for those who PUG raids (like me - since I don't have time to be in a regular raiding guild).

not sure what flex fiasco you are talking about. flex is awesome. my dps main gets in flex groups all the time.

I get into flex groups too. Oqueue made it even easier for me to find groups actually...it was harder before I started using it (unless I formed my own group).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/06/2013 03:58 PMPosted by Havoc
do you even pay attention?
He's a Lannister

/eyeroll

A Lannister always pays his debts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

If this is indeed the case, why did Blizzard limit this by making the lookingforgroup chat channel only available in major cities, where everyone uses trade for this anyway, and take it away out in the world where people might actually get some use out of it.
I only bring this up because there had been some very long threads asking for its return.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]