Direct Flight Paths.. PLEASE

(Locked)

90 Tauren Druid
Ok Blizzard. Please create direct flight paths. Seriously stop wasting our time with connecting flights and slow flight path speeds. This isn't real life, you aren't losing money every time a flight path takes off half empty... PLEASE PLEASE just make direct flights and speed this [fluffy bunny] up. Your just wasting our time on these 5 min flights. That is why people stop playing, poor customer design and input.
That is all.
Have a great holiday.

*Please refrain from using profanity on the forums. -Nethaera
Edited by Nethaera on 12/6/2013 9:31 AM PST
90 Undead Mage
2005 wants its complaint back. :/
90 Blood Elf Priest
OP just got put on blast
34 Night Elf Priest
I think they should do this. Especially since they are removing flight in WoD.
100 Gnome Monk
now while not having direct flights in no way will make me quit playing wow, I do agree that some of the flight paths are ridiculous. would be nice to have the option of paying extra for express flights
91 Goblin Priest
They said previously they are reworking how flight paths are so in WoD they will be better.
Edited by Bonkadadonk on 12/6/2013 9:33 AM PST
90 Pandaren Shaman
Seriously?
Most flight paths even when they are redirected through other hubs and aren't direct, are still just as fast if not faster than flying in a straight line on your own mount with 310% flying.

Take that time to step away and go to the bathroom, get a drink, oh and better yet...look outside.
Edited by Mornash on 12/6/2013 9:33 AM PST
Community Manager
Ok Blizzard. Please create direct flight paths. Seriously stop wasting our time with connecting flights and slow flight path speeds. This isn't real life, you aren't losing money every time a flight path takes off half empty... PLEASE PLEASE just make direct flights and speed this [fluffy bunny] up. Your just wasting our time on these 5 min flights. That is why people stop playing, poor customer design and input.
That is all.
Have a great holiday.

We've said it in the past, but I'll repeat it here. If there are bad flight paths that just don't make sense, let us know. We can always take a look at them. We also plan to make sure the flight paths and transportation in Warlords of Draenor is as convenient as possible as well. We don't plan to remove the feeling of traveling feeling like traveling still though.
I just want the auto learn of the flight paths back.
90 Human Monk
Forget flight paths from NPCs, allow us to create a beacon then afk fly to it using our own mount- MAKE IT HAPPEN Blizz...
95 Pandaren Shaman
some of the ones in Pandaria are a little silly... like, to fly from Vale to the Shado-Pan hub, it's like a 10 gold trip because it connects a dozen different flight masters. but there's a 1g direct flight path to an outpost right on the edge of the zone.
90 Orc Warlock
I just want the auto learn of the flight paths back.

At the very least make learning them account wide. It doesn't make much sense to begin with that I have to physically walk somewhere and talk to an NPC before the I can fly there. But It'd at least be a little less annoying for alts to have them unlocked and ready to go, especially with flying being held back till 6.1 and some kind of quest chain.
93 Night Elf Hunter
wetlands. You have to travel up into next zone to come back down and land near the orc/dragonkin battle zone area.

MOP. heading to the Alliance honor house from anywhere east of vale having to go through kun lia to get anywhere is so up and out of the way.

I havent used a kite in 5.4.1 though. I mount fly everywhere as direct points is a lot quicker than up and over, around, etc.
90 Blood Elf Priest
We don't plan to remove the feeling of traveling feeling like traveling still though.

Sometimes the trip is more important then the destination ;)
91 Blood Elf Warlock
*pulls soap box out*

Back in my day, you had to sit at your computer, and click on each flight master along the way and pay them coin to take you on the next leg of your flight(of course you were bare foot, flying 15miles into the wind, while it snowed on you)!

*puts soap box away*

Really though, I have no issue with flight paths, typically gives me time to try and make room in my bags *ahem*. I really liked a lot of the fun flight paths that have been added in Cataclysm(rockets) and MoP(baloons). I hope we see more quirky things like this compared to just the standard hop on a windrider and twidle thumbs.

Still waiting on the "dismount" button on a flight path that drops me with a parachute^_^.
90 Tauren Druid
All flight paths are bad. Give the customer what they want. I would say either keep them how they are but increase the speed to say 3x. Or create teleports all over. Seriously if this many people hate the current system. Why not change it? We love the game play and such but we hate the FP. Making this change would only increase our satisfaction and increase your competitive advantage over other MMOs. I bet most WoW players only play a few hours a day. So our time is sensitive. If you could optimize the game to eliminate all the things we hate doing because it wastes are precious time. Your customers would play longer and more continuous.
100 Human Priest
Because /afking flight paths to go to the bathroom is so awe inspiringly amazing? All flight paths do is make me alt+tab and read the news or watch tv.

This game is old. I dont care about seeing the world anymore.

Does every single mundane little aspect of the game have to be amazing? I afk or alt tab during travel all the time, even in other games.
100 Troll Mage
Here's a list of the flight paths that don't make a lot of sense.

All of them.

Not 100% true but close enough. Something like 70% of them either fly you around in circles, make you go out of your way to get from A to B or are just plain routed poorly. The biggest problem appears to be a want to make flying on flight paths feel cinematic. They should be a way to get from point A to point B, not a way to see the world from above. You guys already don't want us experiencing the world from that vantage point or you'd let us fly before 6.1.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]