Blizz Should Accept Bitcoins as Payment!

90 Worgen Death Knight
I respectfully request that Activision Blizzard, Inc. strongly consider accepting Bitcoins as a payment method for all of their products. One may surmise that a very significant portion of your consumer base is already aware of Bitcoin given that they are likely somewhat savvy in the realm of information technology. Additionally, given the recent rise in value of Bitcoin (Google it!) this would represent an enormous potential for profit as the value continues through the adoption Bitcoin as an acceptable form of payment by companies like Activision Blizzard, Inc. Please, do whatever you can to get this request into the hands of an appropriately appointed decision maker for consideration!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
You'll want to submit your suggestion where the devs can view it - such as the general forum.
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
No they shouldn't. The value fluctuates.

Regardless, you'll wish to post this in General.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Exactly! https://blockchain.info/charts/market-price

You do understand that Bitcoin can be immediately converted into USD, right? Just a quick glance at the value of Bitcoin over the past 3 years relative to USD should make the case. Do your own research though, thoughtful discussion backed up with relevant, verifiable data is a good thing! :)

Also, thanks! Posted in General for the Devs as well.
Edited by Seoulcrusher on 12/3/2013 5:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
12 Pandaren Priest
I would very much like this type of support. I would actually pay significantly higher amounts for an option to not have to deal with proprietary organizations such as USA's dollar or MicroSoft's Windows; Instead how about bitcoin and linux.
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
Considering that the US government is still trying to decide whether to tax or outlaw* these sorts of transactions, I'm fairly confident in saying that Blizzard's lawyers are basically going to veto any such ideas.

* - I know it's not really possible to stop it, even if it's "illegal", but these are politicians we're talking about.
"Hey you just posted, and this is crazy,
But here's a sticky, so read it maybe?" -- Roraks
Reply Quote
95 Orc Shaman
I actually bought my current WoW time card at [link removed] and I couldn't have been happier with the experience (despite the site looking a bit sketchy). I support this idea, but I don't really think there's anything Blizzard specifically sells directly that I can't get somewhere else that I need to buy using BTC.
Edited by Ryddorim on 12/3/2013 4:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
95 Orc Shaman
The recent senate hearings seemed to suggest that outlaw is probably going to be off the table though. They already tax everything :P
Reply Quote
89 Undead Mage
Please keep the discussion to the thread in General where it belongs?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
[quotethe US government is still trying to decide whether to tax or outlaw* these sorts of transactions[/quote]

Actually, at the senate hearings (that happened what 2 weeks ago?) we heard testimony that Bitcoin is completely legal from the treasury department's representative.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
[quotethe US government is still trying to decide whether to tax or outlaw* these sorts of transactions

Actually, at the senate hearings (that happened what 2 weeks ago?) we heard testimony that Bitcoin is completely legal from the treasury department's representative.

Please keep the discussion to the thread in General where it belongs?
Also, what was stated at the hearing was that it was legal in certain areas of the globe and was becoming more widespread and accepted, but they are still trying to determine if it should be in the US as well.
Edited by Flatspriest on 12/3/2013 10:39 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]