New Rule: In Game Content =/= Mistake

Wait, I'm not supposed to tell what content I want more of in game and what content I want less of? When did this happen?

12/05/2013 09:33 AMPosted by Quisto
This Old Garrison

I am so using this from now on.
Reply Quote
12/05/2013 09:47 AMPosted by Jakkhel
Nuh uh. I couldn't woo a girl with her favourite foods

If you're carrying a Tiller's favorite food around with you, you can give it to them as a daily for reputation with them.

I had no idea that was inspired by a different game.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
If you're carrying a Tiller's favorite food around with you, you can give it to them as a daily for reputation with them.

I had no idea that was inspired by a different game.

That was a joke. All the girls are Pandaren, and I'm not attracted to them. No nice human girl.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/05/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Solaru
Wait, I'm not supposed to tell what content I want more of in game and what content I want less of? When did this happen?

Hrm, my point is that everyone has opinions and a right to them and even to express those opinions here. So, what I like is for people to tell exactly what they want/don't want without being derailed by these claims of it "was a mistake."

What I get tired of is stuff like:
Flight was a mistake.
PvP was a mistake.
WPVP was a mistake.
LFR was a mistake.
Etc.

If these things were well-maintained and developed, no one would feel that way. I esp dislike it when the developers themselves use these excuses to do a poor job of it.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
I don't get the point of this thread.

People already have the right to complain about whatever they want - and they DO.

People ALSO have the right to vet those complaints for legitimacy - and they DO.

So what's the problem?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

If these things were well-maintained and developed, no one would feel that way. I esp dislike it when the developers themselves use these excuses to do a poor job of it.

I'm not even sure what you're complaining about anymore.

Recognizing that you made a bad decision and owning up to it is like, the literal opposite of an excuse. What universe do you live in.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
So what's the problem?

I can't figure out what the colour green tastes like. Limes? Peas? Lettuce?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Depends on the shade of green.

Of course you probably can't tell red or green apart, dog boy. :P
Reply Quote
And gnomes. Gnomes are clearly a mistake

Thems fightin words.
Reply Quote
95 Undead Rogue
OP, in general I agree strongly with your sentiment -- the elitism is just bad.

But I think your "mistake" comment was one..??? sorry.
Reply Quote
95 Undead Rogue
12/05/2013 10:31 AMPosted by Jakkhel
So what's the problem?

The front law or.... the weeds behind the back fence.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
12/05/2013 10:31 AMPosted by Jakkhel
So what's the problem?

It depends, but it's usually like lime or green apple.

Orange tastes like happy, i.e. orange.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

My next problem is why Kanye West is awful and the first 34 seconds of the explicit version of his, "Bound 2" video is the only good part of the entire song. And why he's such a terrible human being that it doesn't exist anywhere else in a full song's format.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest

My next problem is why Kanye West is awful and the first 34 seconds of the explicit version of his, "Bound 2" video is the only good part of the entire song. And why he's such a terrible human being that it doesn't exist anywhere else in a full song's format.

Kanye West is the is the counter-Kardashian. His ego exists to perfectly balance out the Kardashians so that our universe remains in equilibrium without either ego pulling us out of normal gravity space-time into an extremely egocentric orbit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I don't get the point of this thread.

People already have the right to complain about whatever they want - and they DO.

People ALSO have the right to vet those complaints for legitimacy - and they DO.

So what's the problem?

Well, he had me with the whole "I don't like how some posters invalidate the opinions of other posters based on X in-game experience". (Unless of course X is directly related to the topic being discussed.)
But people discussing the game features, changes, story, etc? That's why we're here. Some people are going to have gripes. As long as posters are having a constructive conversation, I don't mind at all.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Seriously?

It has to be explained that Greg Street (and perhaps others) thought flight was a mistake and that they then therefore did not develop for it (E.G. The Battle for Lake Wintegrasp was supposed to include aerial combat); and in fact, gate it continually with each new expansion?

Then some bright spot in the forum will say something like:
"They already admitted flight was a mistake..."

That's just an example BTW.

Let's not get bogged down in the flight argument please. Plus, I like flight. PvP instances give me plenty of occasions to see my land mounts, in the world I want to fly.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Kanye West is the is the counter-Kardashian. His ego exists to perfectly balance out the Kardashians so that our universe remains in equilibrium without either ego pulling us out of normal gravity space-time into an extremely egocentric orbit.

But why don't we get a piano instrumental? Why must I learn Audacity and proper editing in order to make a workable one?

Let's not get bogged down in the flight argument please. Plus, I like flight. PvP instances give me plenty of occasions to see my land mounts, in the world I want to fly.

I'm not af an of being grounded either, but that doesn't change the fact Blizzard sees it as a mistake. It makes the world not feel dangerous, so content leaves a lot to be desired. It also feels shorter when you can skip most of it.
Edited by Jakkhel on 12/5/2013 11:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Seriously?

It has to be explained that Greg Street (and perhaps others) thought flight was a mistake and that they then therefore did not develop for it (E.G. The Battle for Lake Wintegrasp was supposed to include aerial combat); and in fact, gate it continually with each new expansion?

No, your post still doesn't make any sense. You're stating facts and then acting like we're supposed to be offended about them. All they look like to me is the daily operations of a business.

'Let's not get bogged down in the flight argument but here's my opinion about it anyway'.

You're not very good with conflicting opinions, are you?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
/smack

It's Harvest Moon, not Farmville.

Thank you! I have been trying to remember the name of that game for a few days now.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Some people are going to have gripes. As long as posters are having a constructive conversation, I don't mind at all.

Thus why I try and remember to put a "Please do not troll in this thread; if you have nothing constructive to say- best not to respond" when I make my actual serious note threads.

Disagreeing is one thing; flat out trolling is another.

Flat out yelling at someone for not coming up with a solution when they are trying to figure out a lore justification of a certain feature change- debatable on the trolling thing.

To me, that just tends to veer the convo in a direction the post really wasn't aiming for. (That's what I was getting angry about Amyss.)
Edited by Jujubiju on 12/5/2013 12:00 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]