Suggestions for fixing bears.

85 Night Elf Druid
Keep Swipe as the 6 second cd part of normal ae rotation and boost it's damage to be comparable with thunderclap+2 rend ticks. Straight up steal the bleed from thrash if you want the rotation to feel "bleedy".

Redesign Thrash to be more of a shockwave mirror rather than a swipe mirror, cause we have swipe already. 20 second cd, hits like shockwave but rather than stun it applies infected wounds. This would let us get our attack speed debuff up in ae situations without making swipe behave exactly like thunderclap. It would also lighten the gcd cost of ae tanking which is a bit silly at 50% for 2 lackluster nearly identical abilities.

Lower the cd of berserk to 2 minutes for 10 sec duration. Same uptime but allowing use on more pulls as snap aggro or fear break and better utility for cat form as the last 5 seconds are generally wasted by zeroing out energy.

Lower the damage of bear mangle and roll it in to lacerate. 23k crit mangle spamming during berserk is absurd, and lacerate feels really weak for our most often used ability . Pulverize stealing the bleed stacks wouldn't feel so terrible if the "on hit" portion of lacerate didn't feel like such a bad use of gcd.

Give us a counter that tracks the number of mobs attacking us and allows savage defense to stack charges up to that counter so that the number of attacks "blocked" scales with the number of attackers like it does for everyone else. You could also track this by the number of targets we have bleeding. Half this code already exists for the fire mage talent.

I would love to see Maul hit 3 targets like every other tanks 3 target attack. This would help scale the number of outgoing crits to the number of attackers for SD frequency in ae.

Make bear skullbash not actually charge. Using it to interrupt a caster in the back of a pull to group up the mobs can be very dangerous when it puts the entire pack behind us removing our ability to dodge. This could also be solved by allowing us to dodge 360 degrees for a few sec after skull bash, or always if you wanted to be really awesome.

Finally, everybodys favorite "oldy but goody". GET RID OF THE @#^$^%#^#$ DEBUFF FROM ENRAGE!!!!! Go read the t10 4 piece bonus for prot warrior and bear and just be ashamed of yourselves. It's 2010, the year we make contact, let this $%#@ evolve.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
Also,

Bears are fine.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh, I'm sorry, I'm in the wrong thread. I was expecting something on castration techniques.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Bears are broke?
Reply Quote
Bears are broke?

Well, Druids are all hippies, particularly the long eared, shoeless tree-dwelling kind. Hippies are always broke because they refuse to be contributing members of society. All Bears are druids. So by that circuitous logic, Bears are in fact, broke.
Edited by Brohk on 11/19/2010 4:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm not seeing fixes... just suggestions you'd like to see implemented. For something to be fixed, it needs to be first broken, and you didn't really explain that at all very well.

Also,

Bears are fine.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I love skullbash the way it is.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Oh, I'm sorry, I'm in the wrong thread. I was expecting something on castration techniques.

Step 1: Sedatives
Step 2: Roll the bear over to determine gender.
Step 3: Pray you correctly judged the number of sedatives
Step 4: ????
Step 5: Profit!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

D: Never going on a date with you.

I administer sedatives like a gentleman. Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I administer sedatives like a gentleman. Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Silly flesh-bag. I am a goddamn bear.

THIS!!!!1111
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

Bears are fine.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
how to fix bears in one easy step:

lower the level to learn thrash to 30.
done.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Bears are broke?

Well, Druids are all hippies, particularly the long eared, shoeless tree-dwelling kind. Hippies are always broke because they refuse to be contributing members of society. All Bears are druids. So by that circuitous logic, Bears are in fact, broke.

What need does a bear have for money?

If a bear walked into your store and said "I would like a pack of smokes and a large drink" would you go "that'll be 8 dollars" or would you go "OH GOD DON'T KILL ME"? It's a goddamn bear. It will just take those smokes and then crack your head for the nummy brain meat. and then teabag you because let's face it, bears are kinda douchey.

By that logic, bears are infinitely wealthy. and own everything.
Edited by Mooclane on 11/19/2010 10:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm a traditional bear,

I supply all my needs through stolen picnic baskets
Reply Quote
70 Dwarf Priest
Do you guys have rumblies in your tumblies and need some hunny, Pooh Bear style?
Reply Quote

Damn you both you beat me to it!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight

Just a heads up from a chemistry guy: this super doesn't work in real life.

Or so I heard...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]