[H] PuG Raid is back! DS 25 Sunday 3/25

--- NEXT PUG RAID IS DRAGON SOUL 25 ON SUNDAY, MARCH 25TH AT 7 PM SERVER TIME (CST) (INVITES AT 6 PM) IT WILL BE USING THE /ROLL LOOT SYSTEM ---

Greetings Balnazzar players, former players, trolls and anyone else I may have missed!

PuG Raid is back! For those of you who aren't familiar with pug raid, or need a little bit of a refresher, let me get you up to speed. What is PuG Raid is exactly? PuG Raid is an in-game channel (type "/join pugraid" in-game to join it), and was the premier place for Horde players to find PuGs throughout the WotLK expansion. Its purpose is to be the best alternative to searching for PuGs in trade or looking for group chat channels. In addition, it is where I will go to look for players for my official pug raids. That said, the channel is open to the public to join and advertise for groups and what not. However, I cannot guarantee the quality of a group unless it is hosted by me; but if they were smart enough to come to the forums, read through this wall of text, and join the channel, they're more than likely better than the average pug from trade chat.

NOTE: The following posts have both information regarding my official pug raids, as well as the pug raid banlist. So if you're looking to join my PuGs, or if you're interested in seeing who not to bring to your own pugs, please read on.
Edited by Raigon on 3/18/2012 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
NOTE: Having MUMBLE is a must (You can download it here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/ )

------------------------- Official PuG Raids -------------------------

As stated in my preceding post, players are free to search for groups, or search for players to fill their groups freely in the PuG Raid channel. However, I cannot guarantee the quality or success of a raid unless it is my own. This post will detail what you can expect from my raids and me, and what I expect from individuals in my raid.

-----What you can expect from my raids and me-----

-- Experienced and skilled player/raid leader
    -- Thorough explanations of boss encounters (and trash) if necessary
    -- Full clears of relevant content

I am fully experienced in all Cataclysm, WotLK and BC bosses, and I have successfully led, or helped lead a raid through every one of those encounters at some point or another. I will do my best to explain the necessary aspects of encounters. However, should you have any questions regarding any aspect of the encounters do not be afraid to ask!

-----What I expect from you in my raids-----

-- Having MUMBLE is a must (You can download it here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/ )
    -- Common sense
    -- Functioning ears, and the ability to speak only when necessary
    -- Ability to perform your role
    -- Situational awareness
    -- Acceptable gear for the content we are clearing (by my standards). This means, at the very least, fully (and properly) gemmed, enchanted and reforged.
    -- Flasks and food.
    -- DXE, DBM, Big Wigz or any other relevant boss mod
    -- The ability to take criticism, and put it to good use
    -- Above all else, DON'T SUCK

Allow me to elaborate on what I mean. I require mumble because it makes things easier. I understand that a number of people know the ins and outs of some of these instances, but I may run things different. By using mumble everyone is on the same page, or should be at least. This is where common sense, functioning ears, the ability to perform, and situational awareness come into play. I do not intend to carry people through these raids. I expect all of you to be able to do what is expected of you. If you're a DPSer I expect to see competitive DPS on the meters, the ability to hold aggro if you're a tank, the ability to heal well if you're a healer. Furthermore, simply being able to stand still and perform these mundane tasks is not enough. As Samuel L. Jackson said, "Do as I say, and you live."

NOTE: Having MUMBLE is a must (You can download it here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/ )
Edited by Raigon on 2/26/2012 5:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
------------------------- Official PuG Raids (Continued) -------------------------

-----Loot Rules-----

Loot rules can vary from raid to raid, the following rules are not set in stone. I will always lay out specific loot rules for each and every raid prior to any boss pulls. That said, there are two general outlines when handling loot. One system involves a simple /roll, and the other system is a GDKP system.

The /roll system

-- All loot will be handled by a /roll (you may only roll once per item, you may roll on however many items you wish throughout the raid)
    -- You may only roll on one spec of gear (unless off-spec rolls have been specified for that piece of loot)
    -- Loot will be awarded main-spec before off-spec (Your main spec is whichever role you are performing in the raid. If you intend to roll on another type of gear, you must specify otherwise prior to the start of the raid.)
    -- BoE loot will be handled normally, however if no one needs the item for main-spec, I will take it for myself and sell it. If you win a piece of BoE loot, you must equip it immediately to show that it is bound to you.
    -- Any crafting mats will be handed out by a 1-25 roll. The rolled number indicates a spot on the Blizzard Default Raid Frames. For example, if a 9 is rolled, that indicates the 4th player in group two of the raid.
    -- I MAKE THE FINAL DECISION ON ALL LOOT (The only case in which I will award loot to someone other than the winner of the roll is when they've won loot all raid long, or I have determined them to be terrible and undeserving of loot)

The GDKP system

-- All transactions that occur during the raid go into a pot. This pot is split evenly between all raid members at the raid's conclusion.
    -- There is a 1000g buyin that all raid members, including myself must pay (this money goes to the pot). This money is forfeit if you leave or are kicked from the raid. Players who join later in the raid still must pay the buyin. Many players have asked why I include this buyin in my gdkp runs. I do this for a couple reasons: it confuses idiots and reduces the number of people who leave. Allow me to elaborate, stupid people, or people who are too lazy to read, don't realize that they are not losing money with their buyin. You get your buyin back with the rest of the money you receive at the raid's conclusion. The only way you lose money with this system is if you leave, or play terribly and get kicked. With the thought of losing money in the back of their mind most people will try harder, or not rage quit after a wipe.
    -- All loot is auctioned off for gold in increments of 100g, with starting bids at 1000g. The money made from the auctions will go into the pot, and will be split evenly at the end of the raid.
    -- You may only bid on loot that is worthwhile for your class, and preferably your spec, but you may bid on loot for any of your specs (the only exception to this is tank loot. The current tanks are the only ones eligible for tank loot. If they do not need the loot, it will be auctioned normally).
    -- BoE and crafting materials will be auctioned normally, however their prices may be adjusted.

-----Raid Times and Invite procedures-----

Invite Procedures

-- Invites will being roughly one hour prior to the posted raid time. The posted raid time is when I expect to pull trash, not when I expect to begin forming the raid.
    -- Invitation priority will be given to the PuG Raid Hall of Fame (information regarding this can be found later in the thread), followed by those in the pugraid channel. Once everyone has been gathered from there invites will expand to trade chat.
    -- Once you have whispered me, be patient! Odds are, my screen will be littered with chat windows, that I'll have to sift through. Keep in mind that I screen each player before inviting them, so the process can take a minute or two. I will try to respond to everyone in a timely fashion. If I have not acknowledge you in some way in a couple minutes, feel free to whisper again. Just don't spam me.
    -- Raids will last roughly four hours (until 11 pm server), or until the instance is cleared, whichever comes first obviously. Please do not waste my time, your own, or anyone else's by committing to a raid which you cannot attend in its entirety

Remember, type "/join pugraid" in-game to join the channel

Raid Times

Dragon Soul 25: Sundays at 7 pm server (CST).

Thanks for making it this far,
    Raigon

P.S. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me in-game on Raigon, Edgothar, or Fáiladin (alt 0225)

--- NEXT PUG RAID IS DRAGON SOUL 25 ON SUNDAY, MARCH 25TH AT 7 PM SERVER TIME (CST) (INVITES AT 6 PM) IT WILL BE USING THE /ROLL LOOT SYSTEM ---
Edited by Raigon on 3/18/2012 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
------------------------------ PuG Raid Ban List ------------------------------

This is this official banlist for PuG Raid. Players on this list are banned from both the in-game chat channels and official pug raids.

Note: I have cleared the banlist for Cataclysm, with the exception of a few individuals. Names on the list are still banned.

-----Horde-----

-- People who use the word "jig" to refer to someone as a !!*!@##!/***%*!#

-- Scrubnoob
    -- Ginabert
    -- Thrilr
    -- Necrohealiac
    -- Stompjuice (Said Kenyans can't fly fast)

-----Alliance-----

-- Thurokiir
Edited by Raigon on 2/8/2011 4:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
>Ginabert

Lmfao
Reply Quote
------------------------------ PuG Raid Hall of Fame ------------------------------

The PuG Raid Hall of Fame is a list of characters who have consistently shown exemplary skill at their spec. Characters inducted to the Hall of Fame are guaranteed a spot in official pug raids (assuming they show up on time). Please note that individual characters are inducted to the Hall of Fame. In other words, if you're awesome at playing a ret paladin and are inducted into the hall of fame, you're guaranteed a spot specifically as ret, not prot or holy, because you could very well be awful at those specs.
Edited by Raigon on 2/18/2012 10:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
Oh scrubnoob.... /facepalm
Reply Quote
Raigon you must really hate those people if they are stil banned lol.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
------------------------------ PuG Raid Ban List ------------------------------

-----Alliance-----
    -- Thurokiir

You should probably expand that list.
Reply Quote
are there even enough people on alliance to make a raid anymore
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Wow, I'm that big of a baller to get perma banned on a DIFFERENT faction of a bad server as if pugs could actually clear stuff alliance side are ohe eff el
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
12/10/2010 7:26 PMPosted by Thuro
Wow, I'm that big of a baller to get perma banned on a DIFFERENT faction of a bad server as if pugs could actually clear stuff alliance side are ohe eff el

YOU'RE A ##!*ING HERBALIST BRO LOL
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I believe the alli side is ready. Are YOU ready Raigon? GOODNIGHTNOW.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I've been ready since week two of Cata lol
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/21/2011 12:33 PMPosted by Druine
I've been ready since week two of Cata lol

For icc hm's? I don't think he's talking about pugging those......

EDIT: XD
Edited by Cptnbarbosa on 1/21/2011 12:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
>.> sorry to disappoint your cptn my friend, but i was geared enough for cataclysm raids before even you
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Lol@ this thread.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
>.> sorry to disappoint your cptn my friend, but i was geared enough for cataclysm raids before even you

Good thing you've put it to good use XD. Because icc really requires to be cata raid geared XD. Get it XD? cuz the only thing you and your awesome guild has done since cata is the raid that had been out for 11 months when cata went live XD.

But don't mistake this for me saying you were cata raid geared before me because I'd hate to concede anything to someone as dumb as you XD. So you probably dinged 85 before me but i got cata superior 5 days before you XD!!!! Not to mention people get brought to raids with wrath gear and greens, so...... XD
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
hi cptn XD
Reply Quote
01/21/2011 12:26 AMPosted by Tuggin
I believe the alli side is ready. Are YOU ready Raigon? GOODNIGHTNOW.

No, not really. I haven't had time to level alts, let alone buy Cata for my alliance account :\ working on it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]