The purpose of Life Grip.

85 Blood Elf Paladin
There are some fights in beta 5 man where people need to stand in a particular area to avoid either being one shot or taking massive damage. The storm thing at the end of tol barad I think and the lightning guy at the end of pinnacle are really obvious uses for leap of faith.

In fact, I tried to save a dumb warrior in pinnacle who did not run to the safe zone in pinnacle once. He then unfortunately ran back out of the zone to try to get back to the boss to dps and died anyway. Life grip will only save smarter people I suspect. Other people will use the body and soul speed to quickly rush back to their deaths.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
When a shaman blows u off the LM or the flag in eots take someone with you.

Like deathgrip you have to be standing on the ground to use it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Life gripping someone through a death lazer eye beam should kill them mwahaha. (Actually gripping that one idiot who stands in the eyebeam will be quite useful.)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Not sure the reward is worth the risk, when you can pull somebody by mistake and wipe the raid. Do you keybind Shadow Word: Death as a healer, even though you might kill yourself by accident? It's clearly a lot easier to use in a 5 player situation than a 25 player raid.
Edited by Polaro on 11/20/2010 12:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
Not sure the reward is worth the risk, when you can pull somebody by mistake and wipe the raid. Do you keybind Shadow Word: Death as a healer, even though you might kill yourself by accident? It's clearly a lot easier to use in a 5 player situation than a 25 player raid.

I use it all the time when PoM jumps to me. Any raid awareness at all should prevent wiping the raid / killing oneself unintentionally.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

- LK to save someone from a valk

I highly doubt that would work as it totally negates the purpose of the valks.

Actually, that is rather interesting. I'm not sure what the range is, but on paper it seems possible. I mean, locks can port back and I've heard word of well-timed disengages. What's to keep the priest from standing on the edge and gripping the guy that drops down? (I haven't raided ICC on my priest, just my tank, so the exact distance you get dropped from the edge I don't know).

Granted, you wouldn't have it for every valk wave, but it's interesting to think of.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Life Grip is learned at level 85. As such, I doubt the developers would fret about it being an exceptionally useful tool in the Lich King encounter. =]
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Priests, holy priests in particular, have too many damn spells as is. If healing in Cata is about "triage", then I'll be performing "triage" on the priest's bloated spellbook, and I think Lifegrip will be getting the chop.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
As Perc said, the spell is very good. It is like Body and Soul in that you need to think outside the box and train yourself to use it instinctively when you come across an appropriate situation. You need good situational awareness and for the spell to immediately come to mind as usually time is of the essence in those cases. B&S is amazing on many fights and imo is a must have talent for any holy priest. Beyond reactive saving, LG is amazing and will be amazing on any fight with kiting of any kind.

Basically, LG is the type of spell that seperates good priests from great ones. Don't short change yourself and blow off the spell. In the end, healing is about saving lives and you should use any tools you have to meet that goal.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I petition to have this ability renamed "Babysitter beam".
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
train yourself to use it instinctively

Reply Quote
1 Undead Rogue
Lifegrip is yet another useless spell for priests that justify GC nerfing them to make them unplayable. I would way sooner just have a few spells like other healing classes that catually perfom some realistic needed function.

Think of it like Lightwell....how many years have we been telling blizzard that it is useless???????

this. boy they are never going to admit lightwell is crap are they? i loved the promises that it would get careful attention for the expansion. boy did it...

anyway, my problem with lifegrip is that we were given only a couple new abilities. lifegrip and mindspike are 2 of the most useless designed abilities in the whole expansion and both were given to priests. both are extremely situational and really questionably useful at all. i think reading all the useless circumstances (sorry, not trying to be mean) in which one would use lifegrip really demonstrates it's lack of utility. furthermore, i really don't understand the design concept for an ability designed to have one player correct another's behavior. /kick works better than lifegrip is your dps is standing in the fire.
Edited by Stabinator on 11/21/2010 1:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

- LK to save someone from a valk

I highly doubt that would work as it totally negates the purpose of the valks.
Actually, I totally believe this would work. 'Locks already can teleport back to the platform in WotLK. No reason to not let this spell do the same.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Lifegrip is yet another useless spell for priests that justify GC nerfing them to make them unplayable. I would way sooner just have a few spells like other healing classes that catually perfom some realistic needed function.

Think of it like Lightwell....how many years have we been telling blizzard that it is useless???????

this. boy they are never going to admit lightwell is crap are they? i loved the promises that it would get careful attention for the expansion. boy did it...
Actually, given health pools in Cata, Lightwell is actually a very decent heal now, outside of the fact that someone else has to trigger it.

You can click on it from 40 yards away, without losing target, in the middle of a cast, and the HoT doesn't disappear unless you take more damage in one hit than it heals for (30% of a health pool is like 35-40k).

Will it still take smart people to utilize it? Of course, but so does the entire raid design philosophy according to developer vision statements.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
PvE:

Dps pulls aggro, run to tank, pull dps'er, tank gets aggro back, dps saved

PvP:

Run into melee group, fear bomb, pull tank, continue into casters, pull dps, run out.

Two examples of many how life grip would be usefull.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
LNC
I'm positive I'll use this spell for something...

I wish they'd have it drop threat on the target as well. Then this would be so much more useful.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
PvE:

Dps pulls aggro, run to tank, pull dps'er, tank gets aggro back, dps saved

Mob moves faster than you. DPS dies. Mob comes back to tank and cleaves silly priest standing beside tank.

PvP:

Run into melee group, fear bomb, pull tank, continue into casters, pull dps, run out.

DPS ignore the 'tank' you just pulled into the middle of them and nuke you in seconds. Then they mop up the rest while being healed by a healer not dumb enough to run toward their enemy.

Sorry couldn't resist. :P
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
needs a minor glyph to reverse the effect, pulling you to the targetted ally
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]