If you are balancing around BGs...

90 Orc Hunter
Demo is the hard casting king.

Caster is an outdated name for magic users in WoW, they don't do it anymore, at least in PvP.
Use the term Wizard.

Ele shaman would like a word with you

No... he's right... Demo locks are the hard casting kings... Ele shamans have shocks, instant cast buttons, etc... Demo locks cast every spell except corruption...
Reply Quote
Ironically hunters actually cast more then most casters now.
Reply Quote
8 Warlocks would annihilate 8 Warriors easily

Doubtful.

My money would go to the warriors. The set-up would essentially be a focus fire gibfest between each side, and a group of warriors can perform this feat faster than locks could.
Actually, the Warriors would in fact !!*@ the Locks, but they would die from the DOTS anyway, so it would end up as a tie.

/smile
Caster is an outdated name for magic users in WoW, they don't do it anymore, at least in PvP.

Use the term Wizard.
I think you mean Harry Potters actually...

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5gh1x0ss71qbobe0o1_500.jpg
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I'm scared of the fact that every idiot in game will be able to get good gear. What will be the difference (or advantage) of a good player and a bad player? I don't want every backpedaling noob to wear 1.3k resilience in my BGs and mess with my business. A bad player with low skills deserves to wear bad gear and get 2 shotted in BGs; not to have the best gear in the game.

If you're as skilled as you think, you won't have a problem with them. But then, it's really about having to see just how bad you are without being able to be carried to higher gear levels, isn't it?

It's okay to admit that you're bad. This is a safe place.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
If you're so much better than those lesser players, them having the same gear as you shouldn't matter. I very frequently fight against bad locks in gear similar or identical to mine now, since I only do 2v2 and you can get everything from 2v2 without rating now, but the bad ones still have no chance in Hell of killing me and don't even come close. The difference between excellent and mediocre players will still be abundantly clear, even if their gear is exactly the same.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
If you're so much better than those lesser players, them having the same gear as you shouldn't matter.

Agreements here. I'm a pretty lousy PVP player, and as a boomkin main I never was able to get anything other than two tiers down. I still PVPed, but I would lose games that were in my favour purely because my opponent outgeared me. Now that we're at the end of an expansion, crappy PVP players like me can do some BGs, get some awesome gear and actually learn some skills instead of getting plowed through by mediocre players who outgear me purely due to their class or spec choice.

Still a keyboard turner. ;)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

The PVP gear in Cataclysm is actually EASIER to get than it ever was in BC....which is a little frightening.
why? what are you skerred of? your opponents having basically the same gear as you?

so, then, your skill is what determines a win then right?

what a terrible concept.

I'm scared of the fact that every idiot in game will be able to get good gear. What will be the difference (or advantage) of a good player and a bad player? I don't want every backpedaling noob to wear 1.3k resilience in my BGs and mess with my business. A bad player with low skills deserves to wear bad gear and get 2 shotted in BGs; not to have the best gear in the game. Where is the reward for skill here? People should look at your gear and know that you are a professional player.

Don't worry, the absolute test for skill is still in the game, check their spec.

*checks spec*

Yep, he plays retribution.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I'm scared of the fact that there won't be a lot of incentive or drive to push to the top rating when all you get is some vanity re-skins, which could make PVP participation massively dwindle.

Isn't the only incentive to drive to the top rating a vanity title? If you look at PvE in Wrath and the 'welfare' system of letting everyone get last tier gear from heroics, it actually increased raid participation. I imagine it will have an even more noticeable impact in PvP where you don't have to get curbstomped by people in better gear/buy a carry to actually get the gear to start competing.

What is the difference between a bad player like me (as you claim) and a good one like you. We both have access to the same gear.

The difference is he doesn't suck. Is that not enough?
Edited by Mooclane on 11/20/2010 3:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin

No... he's right... Demo locks are the hard casting kings... Ele shamans have shocks, instant cast buttons, etc... Demo locks cast every spell except corruption...

Shocks, instant casts etc? You mean shocks and UNleash Elements.
One has a 5 second CD and one has a 15 second CD. Neither of which don't hit hard at all.
Corruption might be demo's only instant cast spell but It also has no Cd, so demo's can technically provide instant cast damage ( DoT ) at any time. ( If they aren't CC/silenced/Los ) While Ele cannot unless they have their short cds up.
And wait don't forget! You have a second instant cast spell. Fel Flame. It's a pretty solid one too.
Edited by Birdofheaven on 11/20/2010 3:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I think you missed the part where I am all for 'welfare' gear. In fact I think PvP gear should be free.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
That would be the idea, yes. Level playing field and all that.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Then it will lose it's value.

They're bits in a server, they never had any value beyond what you assigned to them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]