Divine storm beta vs live

80 Blood Elf Paladin
I noticed Divine Storm on beta became shared cooldown + off holy power, I haven't tried using it on beta. But I like the holy power part of DS, it gives me some really good aoe power at the moment...

Is the beta change to DS because of a balance issue or were people just complaining about it?

I ask because I saw a blue a while back talking about how people only complain AFTER the change went live. So I'm questioning it now.
Edited by Azyre on 11/19/2010 10:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I think that before the change (Holy Power version) it really wasn't useful unless there was 4+ mobs (might have been 3+), so most of the time it was just better to use TV. I think that the biggest complaint was that it had an amazing animation that many people loved and wanted to use more often. Bliz decided that they would make it AoE crusader strike.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
I think that before the change (Holy Power version) it really wasn't useful unless there was 4+ mobs (might have been 3+), so most of the time it was just better to use TV. .

Well it's an aoe spell, I'd imagine you would only use it if there were at least 2 mobs, and usually when there's at least 2 mobs there's about 5 more.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
When Consecrate starts using 55% mana the BF is going to throw that spell out of his quickbar.

Unless they boost it's damage to something fantastic it will be one of the silliest things you won't want to use.
Reply Quote
7 Tauren Shaman
So Rets will become Prots with a 2h in terms of abilities?

ShoR = TV, the big 3 hp hitter
CS = CS, the HP builder for single target
HotR = DS, the HP builder for multi target

If nothing else, i guess that makes button set up easy . . .

except last i heard divine storm doesn't actually give you 1 holy power, but still puts CS on cooldown
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Judgement = Judgement, the attack that no longer has any special effects attached.

Well, for prot it procs sacred duty, which makes it one of our higher priority abilities for single target.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
lol, I don't even waste a talent point for divine storm. If im PvPing in not going to be using AoE to kill anyone fast, and if im PvEing im killing a boss. ill let mages and other classes deal with AoE.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
I noticed Divine Storm on beta became shared cooldown + off holy power, I haven't tried using it on beta. But I like the holy power part of DS, it gives me some really good aoe power at the moment...

Is the beta change to DS because of a balance issue or were people just complaining about it?

I ask because I saw a blue a while back talking about how people only complain AFTER the change went live. So I'm questioning it now.

Divine Storm is 80% weapon damage, and Crusader strike after all of its modifiers i think is 200% weapon damage meaning that you would need atleast 3 targets for DS > CS

I like the change of taking DS off the Holy Power req and tieing it with CS because it is such an iconic ability it was just sad when i didnt get to see it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Great all the QQers who dont know how the play the game are making our class worse because now DS is going to be tied with the CD of CS our most used spell. It was fine on HP. Way to go.
Edited by Healzndealz on 11/20/2010 2:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
DS = AoE ability, it had no use in our rotation anyway.

But in all seriousness, It still wont' be used in pvp, and it truthfully isn't needed PvE. I mean who cares about trash dps.....

Long story short, it should be baseline not a talent.

actually i saw that our 40% to generate holy power talent now effects divine storm, so maybe it'll be ok for holy power.
Edited by Ritalynn on 11/20/2010 3:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
39 Human Paladin
What do you mean DS isn't useful in PvE? I can believe it for PvP but it is a very useful spell in those times when you have a bunch of trash all whaling on the tank.

Now in boss fights it probably will only be used once or twice for that boost to health for the party/raid it gives.

Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

Divine Storm is 80% weapon damage, and Crusader strike after all of its modifiers i think is 200% weapon damage meaning that you would need atleast 3 targets for DS > CS

I like the change of taking DS off the Holy Power req and tieing it with CS because it is such an iconic ability it was just sad when i didnt get to see it.

The math isn't that simple, unless they fix it and DS gives 100% HoPo proc then you also have to factor in having fewer TVs as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]