Prot Pally T9 Usage

85 Human Paladin
Granted this may obviously change with patch fixes but currently on live 4.0.3 there is a 40 sec CD on Divine Protection (20% damage reduction for 10 secs). Maybe someone else knows how T9 functions on beta or it's an oversight to tier set bonuses with the class changes; 4-set will reduce the cooldown of Divine Protection by 30 secs. Bought the 4-set to test it out (and returned after to get my JP back) and sure enough, 10 sec duration with 10 sec cooldown. It's like having Barkskin up all the time...with 5% HoR aoe cleave, and short taunt cooldowns...most new Paladins I see leveling up by PvP means are buying PvP resilience gear, nice to know that an affordable tanking set could be pretty viable for early Cata experiences.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The issue with using T9 4 piece is that since the new tanking style is to have mitigation cap or close to it for end raid progression, it will not be worth it to use iLvL 232,245, and or 258. Farranor is also right about Cataclysm, iLvL 232 compared to iLvL 359? Good luck being K.O., I wont heal you.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
How are you getting a 40sec CD on DP? It's 1min for me, and says 1min on cata.wowhead as well

From me being silly and using it as Holy with Paragon of Virtue talented ^_^

well, 10 sec duration with 20 sec downtime isn't bad in itself.

The issue with using T9 4 piece is that since the new tanking style is to have mitigation cap or close to it for end raid progression

I wouldn't suggest using it for endgame tanking at all... mostly for the early Cata dungeons to get familiar with the new content as some newer players that didn't do much BC content will need some adjusting to the different expectations. At least you'd get shorten taunt CDs, a bit more survivability, etc.

Since I wore the set as holy and not prot, it's a decent perk for tanking, but much better than those thinking PvP arena sets are the way to go for tanking just because they're talented into reduction of crit and choose to pass up avoidance PvE sets.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Bad idea. They aren't going to nerf or look at something that doesn't have a chance in hell at being even remotely viable, especially at level 85.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
From me being silly and using it as Holy with Paragon of Virtue talented ^_^

Ahhh, okay.

The problem with that is that you lose:

1. Vengeance
2. 15% stam from TbtL
3. 5% stam from prot plate spec
4. 10% armor from Toughness
5. Crit immunity from sanctuary
6. A ton of block
7. etc.

I think you're confused. What I said basically was "I made a mistake because I was holy talented and not prot talented so its not as OP as it may originally appear. I would not suggest wearing tank gear with +str as holy. I was...disappointed to say the least of the PvP paladins that wore ret-oriented gear and prot talented to primarily heal and silence. Not to say that they shouldn't or couldn't, but I don't support...abominations.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]