Delayed Sound

90 Human Mage
I believe this is a known issue but what can I do to minimize this? My sound settings are the following:

Game Sound Output: System Default
Sound Channels: Low (24)
Use Hardware: Unchecked

I get this a lot inside dungeons.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hello Basti,

Is this occurring on a PC or a Mac? I have not heard of this happening on a Mac previously, although it is fairly common for PC (and it is a known issue)
Account and Technical Services || I am available 6:45AM-3:45PM Pacific
Can't find a resolution on the forums, contact a Support Rep directly: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html
http://www.surveymk.com/s/RZRWLCB < Show me you love me!
The word lethologica describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
This just started on my Macbook Pro as well. It seemed to started around 4.03 - I don't believe it was before. And I only really notice it in raids, and the sound seems delayed by as much as 10-15 seconds.

I'm using the same settings as Basti. And I'm not using a USB sound set up like some of the windows guys were complaining about.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I've been experiencing this problem for about a week in raids as well. On an imac.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Yep, I'm using an iMac. Never experienced this before 4.0.3 though.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
This is happening for me, and my bf as well. We both use mac minis to play. Started happening after 4.0.3

Just so you know, a temporary fix is to change the sound channel. Doesn't seem to matter which direction. If it's high, change it to low or medium, and it fixes itself for a little while. If it's low, change it to medium or high, and it fixes itself for a while.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Mage
They apparently brought the Mac sound code up to Windows standards with 4.0.3. In other words, It also started happening for me with the 4.0.3 patch.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Same here, I posted about this a couple days ago here

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021054360#7

but didn't notice I wasn't posting in a Mac thread, oops. Anyhow yes, new for me in 4.0.3.

I'm using a pretty new 4 core iMac11,3 (OS 10.6.5).

Edit: also, fwiw, it's not all the time! Conceivably has something to do with group size or fight length or something, because I was experiencing it in raids, Blood wing specifically last week, but didn't notice it happening at all in a five man I just finished.
Edited by Drolfeir on 11/22/2010 5:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
im having the same problem on my early 09 imac. it dosent happen all the time usually when im in a raid or in a heavily populated area.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
So, just a few weeks ago I was making some fun of my Windows users Guildmates for they S-s-s-s-s-s-o-o-o-u-u-u-u-n-n-n-d-d-d d-d-d-d-d-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-a-a-a-a-a-y-y-y-y issues, and bragging on how those things never happened on a Mac (even though I have a CRAPPY GPU, but that's another story), and you guys brought the Curse of Windows to us on 4.0.3 .

Either solutions would make me happy: Teach my warlock the Bane of the Blue Screen of Death, or help us find at least a workaround for this (since the XP guys have theirs).
*Scarydj is corroded in envy and jealousy*

And I can see many different hardware having the same issues here, so, it leads me to think it's a sad Mac patch. Deathwing could burn the sound delay from Azeroth tomorrow, it would be lovely.

Fast Hardware info for help:
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Chipset Model: GMA X3100
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent

Just so you know, a temporary fix is to change the sound channel. Doesn't seem to matter which direction. If it's high, change it to low or medium, and it fixes itself for a little while. If it's low, change it to medium or high, and it fixes itself for a while.
Thanks for that information Raeleth!

Just so you folks know, we have a ticket in to get this fixed, so hopefully this will not be an issue for much longer.
Account and Technical Services || I am available 6:45AM-3:45PM Pacific
Can't find a resolution on the forums, contact a Support Rep directly: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html
http://www.surveymk.com/s/RZRWLCB < Show me you love me!
The word lethologica describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
if you want to reproduce this issue, it has 100% occurance in temptest keep, kael fight while using a mac.

when he enters phase 5, the sound glitches all out and goes into an infinite loop (it's not a sound delay but rathor a sound echo stuck in endless loop, but probably related to same bug, also cleared by changing sound channels to reset the sound engine).
Edited by Omegal on 11/23/2010 7:31 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]