Which Flying mounts are easiest to obtain?

85 Dwarf Priest
I have finally saved up - and got Artisian Flying today. I have the Bronze Drake from the heroic - but would like another flying mount.

I am wondering which other flying mounts with 280% speed would be easiest to get. Thanks for any help.

Have a good one.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Well technically, ALL flying mounts have 280% speed now. :>

As for your question, I'm not too sure! You can check this site:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Flying_Mounts#Flying_Mounts
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Wyrmrest sells a Red Drake for 1500g (minus faction discount). The vendor in Dal sells a snowy gryphon for 200g or so.

Now if by "get" you mean "for free", I can't think of any that doesn't rely on RNG.

Also, all your mounts will be 280% now, since 4.0 they all scale with your fastest mount/skill.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Rogue
I spent about 2 weeks grinding rep for the Netherdrake and it is still one of most favorite flying mounts.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Shaman
You have a chance at a blue drake from Heroic Occulus or Blue Photo Drake from Heroic Utagarde Pinnacle.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
once your 80 the easy mounts are outland rep mounts. Within 2 weeks of this toon turning 80 I had my netherdrake and my nether ray. Those were easy to get because I had good luck finding 15+ eggs a day and I group farmed sky guard rep for the Nether ray. I'd go for the netherdrake and trying for either the occulus/EoE drake (it drops in both now) or the blue proto-drake.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Thanks for the replies. Although I like those mounts with a chance to drop like the occulus one - I have 6 lvl 80s and have never had it drop or seen it drop for anyone else.

I think I will just stick with the bronze for now and maybe something interesting will come out in Cataclysm. These mounts seem like they take lotta time to get.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
I think this lovely lady sells the easier ones:
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=32216
Reply Quote
80 Troll Warrior
I have finally saved up - and got Artisian Flying today. I have the Bronze Drake from the heroic - but would like another flying mount.

I am wondering which other flying mounts with 280% speed would be easiest to get. Thanks for any help.

Have a good one.

Sparkle Pony?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
How about Cataclysm mounts? Anything interesting on its way?
Reply Quote
I spent about 2 weeks grinding rep for the Netherdrake and it is still one of most favorite flying mounts.

This has been bothering me for a while Shenanigan. Your avatar and character on your armor page have a facial hair that I have never seen in game. Little eyebrows, a chin strap, and a Charlie Chaplin mustache...

HOW DO YOU DO IT?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Green protodrake. All you do is open your egg once a week. No effort at all.

Oh, thanks for reminding me.......

.....crap. Yet Another Tickbird.™

/grumble
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Bronze Drake out of H CoS.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Rogue

This has been bothering me for a while Shenanigan. Your avatar and character on your armor page have a facial hair that I have never seen in game. Little eyebrows, a chin strap, and a Charlie Chaplin mustache...

HOW DO YOU DO IT?

Gillette
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Bronze Drake out of H CoS.

He said he already had that one.

Since all flying mount speed now scales to your riding level, I would think the easiest would be to buy the starter flying mounts in Outland, they are not that expensive.

Argent Tournament faction vendors offer tons of mounts but it's not exactly quick and easy grinding for the seals (well...easy, maybe, but certainly not quick).
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
just camp the time-lost proto drake. the time u spend on any of these dailys or rep grinding, it wouldnt be the equivalent on camping the drake for the time-lost is prob the easiest. all you have to do is download npc scan and npc scan overlay and it will alert you when hes there. plus, do it late night when most ppl are sleeping, no one will even think about camping him. i literally got him the day i found out about him and the respawn rate is around 6-7 hours. plus its a beautiful mount and easy to kill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]