PvP is impossible 10-79

Background: I have 8 level 80s. Been doing PvP since early 2007. Did Arenas from S2 until S5, when Blizzard killed Arenas for non-harcore players (due to individual/team rating requirements for gear).
Issue: Rogues and feral druids are completely overpowered in PvP since last few patches (4.0.1 and on). Even with PvP resilience BoAs, I get 1 shot by rogues and feral druids routinely, whereas before I had *some* hope of getting one chance of escaping (blink/fear/root/disengage, etc.).
Suggestion: Nerf rogue/feral druid damage by 50% in PvP (don't care what they do solo leveling). Seriously, Ghostcrawler et al.: roll any other class and try to play PvP 10-79...you will be at say 3000 health at 49 in PvP BoAs then "Badrogue's Ambush hits you for 3001 (1 overkill)" non-crit. What's worse: "Badrogue" is 5-6 levels below you. This is unacceptable. And don't give me the "It's all balanced at 85" line... this is a game designed to be played from 1-80/85. Blizzard needs to pay attention to the PvP/leveling experience of those less than max level. Thank you.
Edited by Deathquenchr on 11/21/2010 9:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
And don't give me the "It's all balanced at 85" line... this is a game designed to be played from 1-80/85. Blizzard needs to pay attention to the PvP/leveling experience of those less than max level. Thank you.

^ Agreed. 100%. Makes perfect sense. Funny how people don't get that (Probably kids. ).

Low level pvping was the best game time I ever had. Not the pve stuff, not this 80 stuff (which ends up being the same every day. low level pvp was awesome, it changed every few levels. good times. wasn't as much cc crap, it was all brains. (no, cc is not using your brain anymore. it's a spam fest of cc all the time now, that's how you can tell. People panic) I wish I could have extended it.

Side note, love the qq and l2play stuff. Makes it obvious you are dealing with a younger person, or at least someone with a younger person mind set. Makes for a quick discussion :D
Reply Quote
71 Draenei Shaman
i just entered the 60 -69 bracket ... at 60 , purchased all epic pvp armor... did some instances to get ~lvl gear, hit lvl 62 tried a few bgs out ....
Warlocks one shot me(hand of Godir..or something similar)
PROT Paladins one shot me( Avenger shield)
Rogues one shot me (ambush of course)
Feral Duids 2 shot me ..
Note: all were in similar gear as me ... all were approx same lvl (within 3 lvls of me)
I literally had a wsg where both teams ran to mid and one person was left standing within 5 sec .... how is this supposed to be entertaining past the original shock laugh ...?
it's not just rogues in this bracket ... i cant find any balance in the 1-79 bracket so far i'll keep the board updated ...
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
And don't give me the "It's all balanced at 85" line... this is a game designed to be played from 1-80/85. Blizzard needs to pay attention to the PvP/leveling experience of those less than max level. Thank you.

^ Agreed. 100%. Makes perfect sense. Funny how people don't get that (Probably kids. ).
Actually, in comparison to many others here, I'm a kid(17), and I agree completely. 80/85 is not the game. The game is everything. Ruining the game from 1-79 cannot easily be justified by saying "well it makes 80 better." It doesn't work that way.
Reply Quote
81 Pandaren Shaman

Actually, in comparison to many others here, I'm a kid(17), and I agree completely. 80/85 is not the game. The game is everything. Ruining the game from 1-79 cannot easily be justified by saying "well it makes 80 better." It doesn't work that way.
Definately, it was stupid of blizzard to just balance things for level 80 cause well there are people that aren't 80 you know? I for one do enjoy non 80 pvp more for the fact that yea, it takes a lil bit more than just cc spamming and whoever has pvp gear wins.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
What on earth is up with all the responses saying the game is balanced at level 85? So I should play 84 levels of an unbalanced game just to get to 1 level of so called 'fairness'. The lack of logic in some of you guys is amazing.

And we all know that the game isn't balanced at level 85 either.

Let's face it ... low level pvp in it's current state is close to unplayable and blizzard WILL lose subscribers if they don't fix it. Just like they lost subscribers all throughout WOTLK.
Reply Quote
81 Pandaren Shaman
What on earth is up with all the responses saying the game is balanced at level 85? So I should play 84 levels of an unbalanced game just to get to 1 level of so called 'fairness'. The lack of logic in some of you guys is amazing.

And we all know that the game isn't balanced at level 85 either.

Let's face it ... low level pvp in it's current state is close to unplayable and blizzard WILL lose subscribers if they don't fix it. Just like they lost subscribers all throughout WOTLK.
My point exactly. How are you supposed to draw new people in when you have PvP as it is now? Granted there might be some people who don't enjoy that aspect but stilll...
Reply Quote
39 Dwarf Priest
I've been leveling this toon for the 39 bracket and have been doing mostly BG's for exp.

All I'm going to say is fix rogues. Ambush + evisc = dead...and this is with me sporting 2.4k hp buffed while most players are sitting around 1k hp.

You can't heal threw it.
You can't CC.
2 moves + 3 seconds = sad priest

At least give me a chance to fight back.

Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
No no, you're all crazy, the people who say this game is balanced around 85 are totally right. As a result however, since this game is balanced around 85, Blizzard should give all characters on my account that are level 84 and below a special ability that instantly kills whoever I target but it only works in PvP on characters that are below level 85. This is perfectly ok since the game is balanced around 85.
Edited by Risette on 11/22/2010 7:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
49 Night Elf Warrior
Hey Shammpwn is telling the truth about getting one-shotted by prot pallys. I'm actually fairly certain that I've personally one-shotted him on that toon more than once in the same game, on my 69 prot pally.

It's funny... I feel bad doing that in xp-off against capped 60 twinks because they put so much effort into their characters, but one-shotting levelers while rolling around with 16khp in Northrend gear is HILARIOUS.
Honestly I woudn't be surprised if you ate me up with a Captain America Shield
'

Haha, yep. I wasn't being sarcastic or mean in that first post, I'm actually almost positive I remember you from BGs. I don't one-shot people consistently enough to not still do the "OH WOW, HAHA!" thing IRL when I do it.

My 69 pally's name is Oldsurly. He'll be hanging around for probably another week or so before it's off to the 70s brackets.
Reply Quote
83 Troll Mage
So i had my first true WTF moment today while playing ab for the weekend. Sure i've been ambush evis'd dead or had a single AS tear through a newly applied frost barrier, but for the most part I haven't felt very squishy since dinging 49.

Now to the story, which is anecdotal evidence, so take it as you will.

So there I was, chillin at the farm, when i see a group of ruffians headed to a horde controlled blacksmith. Naturally I think to myself, self, you ought to go help out your comrades at the blacksmith. Seeing as I usually listen to me, I refreshed both my shields, mounted up, and started towards the blacksmith. As i get about 30 yards away from the bridge, I get set upon by the cutest kitten I had ever seen. Being enthralled by its beauty (and frankly astounded that it used pounce on me... I haven't seen anything but ravage in awhile) it took me a few globals to actually hit my blink button. As i'm now 20 yards away from that fabulous feline, I figure its time to mount a counterattack, but before I can muster any defense, that cat leaped through the air in what could only be described as a tribute to Michael Jordan. Upon landing, the ravage I've come to expect from feral druids was landed, breaking through my shields. As I try to recast my shields while gaining a few steps ( barrier was on cooldown, might have got a mana shield back up) the cat lets out a scream terrible enough to make any spartan warrior proud, after which he promptly kicks me into the pit of death... with a 12k ferocious bite crit, no more than 5-6 seconds after the inital pounce.

Seeing as my story ran a little long, and many balance philosophies have already been argued in this thread, I'll leave you with this. I dont particularly care if 10-79(84) are "balanced" to the degree that max level pvp is. But I would like to never see any class crit me for nearly TWICE MY MAXIMUM HEALTH ever, under any circumstances. Also, going up against a 4 paladin team in wsg is almost always an autoloss... hopefully we can do something about that too.

TLDR: lolcat crit me for 12k in the 69s bracket. In the interest of pvp enjoyment pre max level, instagib specs/abilities should be nonexistent. LET ME FIGHT BACK.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
Well, today will hopefully be the last day of all those one shot instakill abilities. The patch is scaling down all abilities based on level so we shouldn't be seeing anymore of this crap.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I just leveled from 20-72. I stopped to PVP at 28-29, 38-39, 48-49, 58-60, and 68-70. So, I have a little recent experience and wanted to chime in.

Obviously, ambush is a big problem, though much less so after the 40s. Still, it didn't take long to realize that today's lowbie PVP success formula was actually just same as what old school twinks knew already - stack stamina or go home.

For example, if you aren't wearing the Jinxed Hoodoo Kilt at 49, you are doing it wrong. When you actually get gem slots, you better be spending the dough and sticking at least +24 stam gems in there. I mean, I saw a few DK's in full 70 twink gear with like 2500 AP and only 11k health. Yes, they killed at lot of people with their badly scaled damage (many classes have crazy damage output now), but when they meet me on the battlefield with 20,000 health and full protection spec, suddenly things weren't quite so easy for them any more and they didn't know what to do when something didn't die in two globals.

In another case, I began to QQ about paladins, in particular protection/holy. The self-healing in addition to the damage output quite frankly is unlike anything the game has seen in any level of PVP. So, I cried about it, but then decided I wasn't going to let it stop me from fighting to the death. Because I love PVP, even when it's not balanced. So, I started attacking paladins only. I went arms, mostly, for this job, but did it as prot too. Essentially, I would simply fight the closest paladin every single time, no matter what. And I learned something...

A lot of really bad players play paladins.

And they don't know what to do when you get up in their face. Disarmed? You'd think I pulled out their spinal cord. Stunned? Oh yeah, they don't have bubble up OR even own a trinket. Oops. Over and over, I realized that most of these pallies are just terrible. Sure, it's a sad state of affairs when a good player actually understands what's broken about the class right now and abuses it fully. But the baddies go down like the rest of the noobs, in spite of them having the potential to faceroll anything they encounter. Most of the time, they just steamroll because no one really puts up a fight and gives them too much respect.

Grow a pair, stack stamina, and get up in that trench!

It was an unusual time to PVP at low levels, from patch 4.0 to patch 4.03a. I'm glad I got to experience it, in spite of the chaos. Rogues, et al - the giant nerf bat is a-swinging your way, so you better get your KBs in now.
Edited by Suul on 11/22/2010 8:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
74 Human Paladin
Prot pally is definitely strong, but I've run into way to many people with 2-3k health in the 51-60. They would drop in a split second whether or not my avenger shield crits them for 4k. This game is a lot about effort, spend some gold and run some dungeons or don't expect to compete with people who do. They can nerf me if they want. I'll still PvP and still kill these same people who do not gear up properly for it, and they will still be on the forums complaining about it.

They do need to scale healing and damage back in the lower brackets though. Pvping level 19-50 was just a waste of time for me. It would have been nice to be able to really pvp while progressing through those levels as well.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Rogue
. Rogues, et al - the giant nerf bat is a-swinging your way, so you better get your KBs in now.

Got wrecking ball with ease, + a good 18 kills to spare before i died to a protadin. XD

What needs to be fixed is how pallies can basically solo half a team or more.

Also as far as ambush is concerned, idk if this was hotfixed or what, but sometimes i one shot people several levels above me, other times i hit them for like 1/4 of their life at the same level i am. I would say a nerf is probably coming, which is a good thing, as it will force the fotm rogues to abandon those alts.

A good rogue uses all the tools at their disposal, even when im fighting other rogues if the ambush doesnt kill me they kinda stand there like they dont know what to do while i blind/vanish/reopen on them or whatever. It seems like some of them dont even realize they have disarm. They wont know what to do at 85.
Reply Quote
81 Pandaren Shaman
I just leveled from 20-72. I stopped to PVP at 28-29, 38-39, 48-49, 58-60, and 68-70. So, I have a little recent experience and wanted to chime in.

Obviously, ambush is a big problem, though much less so after the 40s. Still, it didn't take long to realize that today's lowbie PVP success formula was actually just same as what old school twinks knew already - stack stamina or go home.

For example, if you aren't wearing the Jinxed Hoodoo Kilt at 49, you are doing it wrong. When you actually get gem slots, you better be spending the dough and sticking at least +24 stam gems in there. I mean, I saw a few DK's in full 70 twink gear with like 2500 AP and only 11k health. Yes, they killed at lot of people with their badly scaled damage (many classes have crazy damage output now), but when they meet me on the battlefield with 20,000 health and full protection spec, suddenly things weren't quite so easy for them any more and they didn't know what to do when something didn't die in two globals.

In another case, I began to QQ about paladins, in particular protection/holy. The self-healing in addition to the damage output quite frankly is unlike anything the game has seen in any level of PVP. So, I cried about it, but then decided I wasn't going to let it stop me from fighting to the death. Because I love PVP, even when it's not balanced. So, I started attacking paladins only. I went arms, mostly, for this job, but did it as prot too. Essentially, I would simply fight the closest paladin every single time, no matter what. And I learned something...

A lot of really bad players play paladins.

And they don't know what to do when you get up in their face. Disarmed? You'd think I pulled out their spinal cord. Stunned? Oh yeah, they don't have bubble up OR even own a trinket. Oops. Over and over, I realized that most of these pallies are just terrible. Sure, it's a sad state of affairs when a good player actually understands what's broken about the class right now and abuses it fully. But the baddies go down like the rest of the noobs, in spite of them having the potential to faceroll anything they encounter. Most of the time, they just steamroll because no one really puts up a fight and gives them too much respect.

Grow a pair, stack stamina, and get up in that trench!

It was an unusual time to PVP at low levels, from patch 4.0 to patch 4.03a. I'm glad I got to experience it, in spite of the chaos. Rogues, et al - the giant nerf bat is a-swinging your way, so you better get your KBs in now.
Stack stamina roflmao. But yea most Paladins, like Huntards (no offense), are played by kids that just play the class cause people call it OP.
Reply Quote
81 Pandaren Shaman
. Rogues, et al - the giant nerf bat is a-swinging your way, so you better get your KBs in now.

Got wrecking ball with ease, + a good 18 kills to spare before i died to a protadin. XD

What needs to be fixed is how pallies can basically solo half a team or more.

Also as far as ambush is concerned, idk if this was hotfixed or what, but sometimes i one shot people several levels above me, other times i hit them for like 1/4 of their life at the same level i am. I would say a nerf is probably coming, which is a good thing, as it will force the fotm rogues to abandon those alts.

A good rogue uses all the tools at their disposal, even when im fighting other rogues if the ambush doesnt kill me they kinda stand there like they dont know what to do while i blind/vanish/reopen on them or whatever. It seems like some of them dont even realize they have disarm. They wont know what to do at 85.
Honestly if they nerf ambush rogues should be thanking blizzard cause yea, it would let rogues use other buttons rather than ambush then evisc.
Reply Quote
81 Pandaren Shaman

just entered the 60 -69 bracket ... at 60 , purchased all epic pvp armor... did some instances to get ~lvl gear, hit lvl 62 tried a few bgs out ....
Warlocks one shot me(hand of Godir..or something similar)
PROT Paladins one shot me( Avenger shield)
Rogues one shot me (ambush of course)
Feral Duids 2 shot me ..
Note: all were in similar gear as me ... all were approx same lvl (within 3 lvls of me)
I literally had a wsg where both teams ran to mid and one person was left standing within 5 sec .... how is this supposed to be entertaining past the original shock laugh ...?
it's not just rogues in this bracket ... i cant find any balance in the 1-79 bracket so far i'll keep the board updated ...
They really don't have to nerf ambush to non existant but to the point where I could come up with a plan or press my emergency heal before the next burst.

I just finished leveling a toon through. It gets better at 70. Pallies will still one shot you, and scream in /BG about how amazing they are. But everyone else stands some chance..
note, I said "some"
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I don't think there's really anything wrong with 1-79 BGs, to be honest. I think that a lot of the people who QQ about the unbalance in BGs are the ones who think they're some all-star and can take the world on themselves. BGs are ALL based around TEAMWORK. You'd be hard-pressed to find a BG that doesn't require teamwork. If you're really skilled, or playing against terrible players, you can cap bases/capture the flag by yourself, but that doesn't happen very often. If you're running around by yourself in a BG, you're bound to get owned. If anything, this should actually HELP groups with their teamwork while in BGs. There's nothing more frustrating than trying to communicate with your team in AB, but no one is listening. When everyone is trying to do their own thing, in any BG, you're going to lose. It's that simple.

But, that's just my two-cents.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]