Profanity loves you. tl;dr

80 Tauren Druid
This is STUPID long. Just like...control+f your name or something, unless you want to read what is bound to become my master's thesis.

Ok. So Cruxis broke up with the officers leaving as a group and heading elsewhere; "the grass is greener" kind of thing (Dave Matthews would be so sad). Due to that and a few other things that are largely unrelated, I'm heading out too. I remained on the server the last couple of days to provide answers to those members of the guild that weren't on at the time this all happened and to finish up some business here. With all of that done, I'm taking off.

I've been on this server since coming to the game with the release of Burning Crusade (my year of retirement [read: ragequit] not withstanding) and I've met a lot of great people, the vast majority of whom I'm able to call friends. I will likely forget a crap load of you here in this post - please don't take offense as this is sort of last minute and not at all well thought out. Here goes:

General members of Cruxis: You're all very talented people. I've been in a lot of guilds with some of the better people on this server and you guys are not only skillful players but excellent people. I'm sorry things turned out like this and everything happened so suddenly...it definitely wasn't planned. Every one of you had a hand in making Cruxis as incredible as it was, made even more impressive due to the server as a whole.

Golbez/MCD: You're family and you live 10 minutes away but whatevs. You started on your pally and you were great at it. Then you went resto druid and were great at it. Then you went Balance and were great at it. Upon my return to the game you had a warrior and were great at it. Now you have your lock. You. Are. Terrible..........nah. You're great at it. I think you're likely the most underrated player I know; you have the respect of a lot of people but not in the levels I feel are appropriate. I owe you a lot in this game and in life in general. I'm still better at Super Smash Bros though. Show me your moves.

Exlor: Best in-game friend. I've known you for as long as I've been playing this game, practically. You're younger than me but are by far a better person than I am; wiser, more calm, more collected. I seriously do think of you as a little brother which, if nothing else, should make you fear the inevitable wedgie that comes with attending a DMB concert with me. Apply to Ferris already, you tool.

Loro: I can't really say much about you that isn't said by others so I won't (aside: I just noticed I'm saying bye to the people I"m transferring with but ok.) Good guy, intelligent, funny, great at the game, etc. Even when I was in a terrible mood and really didn't want to do anything at all in game, I'd BG with you just so I could hear you tell people to "get pooped on" over and over again. Please keep saying that and buy a Flag already.

Syrna: You're a great rogue and a great guy. You're compassionate and caring towards those lucky enough to actually get to know you and I owe you a great deal for several things I won't get into here. I hope to play with you again someday soon, especially if you happen to transfer.

Khub: I just met you but you're pretty cool. Be awesome and either find a good guild here or transfer. I feel that if I knew you in person, you'd be one of my closer friends.

Valafar: I like how quick witted you are. You're fun to chat with and I think you're a genuinely decent person. I didn't know you long, but I enjoyed speaking with you when I was able.

Tazzy/Void: It's really too bad you guys live all the way out in Oregon. We just weren't able to mesh with you guys properly because of the timezone difference and once college started and I had no room to stay up until 1am, I wasn't able to play with you two as much. I like you guys a lot, though. You're a fun couple. I hope you guys find a server closer to you where you can actually be online and active at times when the other members of your guild are largely active.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
Sacblood: Good luck with the misses and what not. I'll be around now and then and we'll chat. Server first Bloodthirsty inc.

Mathris: Pick a character. I'd know you far better than I do if you'd just pick a friggin character on one damn server. One of these days we're going to e-cardboard, assuming I ever play again (Golbez won't ever let me quit for good).

Imoutofvalks: I hope to see you over there. I appreciate the conversations about deep topics that you normally can't have with very many people. I owe a big portion of my coming Insane title to your and your milling. Thank you, thank you.

Lycomedes: You're the same as Syrna in that I owe you huge for what the last couple of months have been. I wish you all the happiness that you deserve, and yes you really do deserve it. Thanks for your part in my title, also.

The bulk of Turmoil: You're fun people to raid with and I hope things work out well in Cata for you guys.

Bullshifts: Not EVERYTHING has a sexual connotation! Yes it does. Thanks for having me with your raids - I seriously enjoyed myself.

Aelitta: I've known you since leveling and I had a blast pvping with you/against you over the years. You're a serious sweetheart. We have Real ID so you better use it.

Parthenia: Same as Aelitta, though for a slightly shorter time. You're an awesome guy and I look forward to eventually being able to play and crush you some more in SC2, Nancy. Real ID constantly or I'll stab you and not at all in the way you really want me to.

Achaya: Thanks for everything, and I mean that sincerely.

Thieve: You and I have had our differences but I actually do appreciate your friendship now. You're a good player. You should consider transferring and throwing down on some 3s in Cata.

Deific: See Thieve. Transfer. Cata. 3s. That kind of thing. You were planning to come back for us anyway. Do that but towards a different server.

Mysterymask: You take a lot of crap. A LOT of crap. You're pretty awesome, though. I fully expect you logged in during Always Sunny as often as possible so we can discuss the goings-on.

Desire: I haven't really talked to you ever up until recently and the only reason you have anything to do with me is because of our 2 minute convo about pharmacy. That works though. Hugely talented, server allstar, etc.

Diznan: I've not really talked to you ever, but I like you. You never really had much to say to me. You never say hey. You don't remember my name. It's probably because you think you're cooler than me. I like that song, and I like you despite our limited contact.

Rhayge: I've known OF you for forever but hadn't really talked to you until recently. Like Diznan, Desire, and others that I never really spoke to but have been around, I feel you deserve some presses of my keyboard buttons because you're like part of my WoW generation. Back in my day, holes in our shoes, up-(Razor)-hill both ways, and so on.

Feru: I just want to put here that I'm still mad at you for forsaking Balance. I hate you. I don't.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
Louis CK: You're an AMAZINGLY great comic. You don't play this game and will never read this, but the people on this server that didn't know of you before do now and may check you out (like DMB). You're welcome.

Kudava: You and I never really talked enough. You were my friend, then like...you weren't or something? Now we are friends I think but we never talk. You are (were back when I played with you) a very good lock and a very good person. I hope you stick with the game and I hope everything is great for you; you're probably one of the most unique people I've ever met and that's a good thing.

Farfie: You remind me of an absurdist comic, Eugene Mirman. You're on another server and likely will never read this but I had a blast with you back in BC with Audacity and Wintergrasp KGB was fun as hell, too.

Exodar as a whole: Again, I've been here since I started playing and will always be here in some form or fashion. For example, my internet is a pile because of where I live and as a result I have no real idea if this new server will be better or signicantly worse in terms of playability for me. If I find that it works out nicely, I'll stay there but be here often on alts to chat with people. If I find that I can't handle the latency there, I'll have to either return here at the expense of my friendships over there or quit....and you never truly quit.

I appreciate everything this server has done for me. Since I started playing here as the server came up for the first time, I had the joy of experiencing the game for the first time in the way it should be experienced for everyone: there were people everywhere of all levels, world pvp was great, you'd bump into people questing and because of the small nature of the server you could recognize them, you built relationships with people that were leveling at the same time as you (the community as a whole was built up by actually having to KNOW the people you were doing instances/battlegrounds with), etc. I sincerely enjoyed my time here and I'm even appreciative of those of you I'd like to stab with a fork.

I will be back on alts. I will probably be back on Profanity. If I didn't mention you here, it is no indication of how I feel about you - only an indication of what happens when you try to write something blind that ends up being around 1800 words long. I'll likely edit this as I remember things.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warrior
Haha... I laughed at what you wrote about me. I never thought I was better, I thought you were a cool guy that I just never got to know... sucks that you are leaving but alas you need to do whats best for you. And I did say hay... it was just by spamming aoe on top of you :D. <3's and good luck sir.

Also this is diznan... not sure how to change @*#* on here.
Reply Quote
[b]Golbez/MCD: You're family and you live 10 minutes away but whatevs. You started on your pally and you were great at it. Then you went resto druid and were great at it. Then you went Balance and were great at it. Upon my return to the game you had a warrior and were great at it. Now you have your lock. You. Are. Terrible..........nah. You're great at it. I think you're likely the most underrated player I know; you have the respect of a lot of people but not in the levels I feel are appropriate. I owe you a lot in this game and in life in general. I'm still better at Super Smash Bros though. Show me your moves.

10 minutes? Do you know what I drive? you may have been better at SSB but you never played me in SSBB.

btw almost first
Edited by Gölbez on 11/20/2010 6:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
Haha... I laughed at what you wrote about me. I never thought I was better, I thought you were a cool guy that I just never got to know... sucks that you are leaving but alas you need to do whats best for you. And I did say hay... it was just by spamming aoe on top of you :D. <3's and good luck sir.

Also this is diznan... not sure how to change @*#* on here.

Yeah I know it's you. And I wasn't actually saying you think you're better than me...I just like that song. Seriously, I'll almost certainly be back in no time flat. I honestly have no idea what's actually going on...I'm just sort of shifting Lemming Form.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Nooooooo~!
Don't go. You can't go! D:

Who will I have meaningful 5 minute conversations with while you do BGs and WG?
Who will entertain us on Trade?!
And what about <Habitat for Profanity>?

Everybody's lleaavvinngg...lmao, come Cata, there'll hardly be anything left..

And also @Diznan, go up to the picture of your char, click the name and you'll get a drop-down menu of characters you can use.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warrior
Add me off your cousiin's Realid though, Profanity. He'll tell you which one is me :P
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warrior
Add me off your cousiin's Realid though, Profanity. He'll tell you which one is me :P
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Since no one else is gonna point it out, high-five for the Louis CK shout-out.

I still say we need to hangout and smash some mailboxes, tip some Tauren's (see what I did thur) or whatever you northerner's do.

I'm gonna level an Alliance DK on your new server, just wait!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Gonna go ahead and double post...

As I walk through the Valley, where I queue yet again,
I take a look at my kills to see how many I'd slain,
But that's just perfect for a guy like me,
You know I partake in nerdy things like PVP,
At 4:30 in the morning in battlegrounds,
Alliance on the bridge: I TStormed him down... fool
And I've been killin' and slayin' so long that
Even my cat knows how long I'll be alone,
I'm an Orc Shaman.. in my mom's basement,
Got a keyboard by my hand; neckbeard to my chin
But if I get top damage, and you after mine..
God dammit, the game just ended, we're at 1599

We've been spending all our time,
Playing on a Casual Paradise,
We got glad maybe once or twice,
Playing on a Casual Paradise
Gotta work; but it's my vice,
Playing on a Casual Paradise.

Disclaimer: Not all things in aforementioned song may be true.
Parody of Amish Paradise by Weird Al, which was a parody of Gangster's Paradise by Coolio.
I parodied the parody, and it was no longer funny

(You wanted a song, you got a song)
Edited by Thieve on 11/20/2010 9:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
<3 prof
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Bye, Profanity.

I think I've only talked to you like, once the entire time we've both been on this server but you seem like a pretty cool guy, shoots moonkin lazers and doesn't afraid of anything.

GL on your new server.
Edited by Aileana on 11/21/2010 4:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
This is like when Frodo and Gandalf leave for the land of awesome at the very end of LotR. Damn I'm glad you're coming with.
Reply Quote
worst goodbye comparison ever.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
Avarus, take care of yourself bud.

Rhayge, yes I'm heading there as well. I'll do what I can to stay in touch - I'm sorry I didn't get to know you better all this time.

Loro: I don't know what that means but I suppose it's good. I appreciate the sentiment anyway (I appreciate the sediment, too).

Thieve: I wanted a song? I'm confused, though I did like it. I'll not have Coolio bust a cap in you, partly because I like you and partly because I never understood how someone would break a hat inside someone nor what that would accomplish.

Aileana: I've been told you're a sweetheart yourself; you seem to be from what little I spoke to you.
Edited by Profanity on 11/21/2010 8:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Yessir, it was an off comment in gchat because you heard about the song I made for a random Warrior afk'ing into cliffs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]