Log-in problem.

55 Undead Warlock
I havent played WoW in a while now, and i wanted to see what has changed. So i logged into the game, and when i click "log in" it just says "Connecting" for about 5-10 minutes, and then it disconnects me from the server.

Is anyone else getting this problem?
Edited by Marloc on 11/21/2010 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
55 Undead Warlock
Might be still close to the stickies, But whatever.

Bump.
Reply Quote
55 Undead Warlock
Bump
Reply Quote
55 Undead Warlock
Third bump...
Reply Quote
55 Undead Warlock
Fourth bump....
Reply Quote
55 Undead Warlock
Fifth bump... does no one want to help ne?
Reply Quote
83 Dwarf Hunter

World of Warcraft Connection Issues:
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=21014&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=2329
Reply Quote
55 Undead Warlock
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=21014&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=2329

I'm stuck on step 2.

It dosent have any directions for Windows 7 users.
Edited by Marloc on 11/21/2010 12:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

I'm stuck on step 2.

It dosent have any directions for Windows 7 users.

would be same as vista.

press start or windows key > type "cmd" > hit enter > type "tracert 12.129.206.130 >> c:\trace.txt" > wait till its finished (about 30-60sec) and copy and paste text from trace.txt in this thread.
Edited by Pheardotz on 11/21/2010 12:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
55 Undead Warlock
would be same as vista

Theres no drop down menu for Command Prompt
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
press start or windows key > type "cmd" > hit enter > type "tracert 12.129.206.130 >> c:\trace.txt" > wait till its finished (about 30-60sec) and copy and paste text from trace.txt in this thread.
Reply Quote
83 Dwarf Hunter
"Right click Command Prompt shortcut and select "Run as Administrator" from the drop down menu."

Keyword: Right click
Reply Quote
55 Undead Warlock

Wait till whats finished? It just sits there with the "tracert 12.129.206.130 >> c:\trace.txt" thing at the end.
Reply Quote
55 Undead Warlock
Alright, Step 2 didnt work.

And the step 3 thing never works for me.

Step 4 wants me to get rid of my fire wall and stuff like that.

So i'm not doing that.
Reply Quote
83 Dwarf Hunter

Wait till whats finished? It just sits there with the "tracert 12.129.206.130 >> c:\trace.txt" thing at the end.

He's talking about the trace route. You'll want to wait a few minutes before you read the output. However, you should follow the instructions on the support page before you get to the trace route. Read it thoroughly as it explains what could be causing your issues. If you're connection issues continue after completing those steps, then you'll want to copy the contents of your tracert.txt and paste them into this thread

Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
when its finished you'll be able to type in the cmd window again
Reply Quote
55 Undead Warlock
He's talking about the trace route. You'll want to wait a few minutes before you read the output. However, you should follow the instructions on the support page before you get to the trace route. Read it thoroughly as it explains what could be causing your issues. If you're connection issues continue after completing those steps, then you'll want to copy the contents of your tracert.txt and paste them into this thread

I followed the instructions on the Support page and none of them worked.
Reply Quote
83 Dwarf Hunter
Step 4 wants me to get rid of my fire wall and stuff like that.

So i'm not doing that.

Firewalls and security software cause tons of connection issues man. What security software/firewall are you running?
Reply Quote
55 Undead Warlock
Firewalls and security software cause tons of connection issues man. What security software/firewall are you running?

How do i find that out?
Reply Quote
83 Dwarf Hunter
Do run Norton, AVG 2011, McAfee, etc...?

If it's running, you can usually find an icon of it in your system tray.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]