About Codes And X-Pacs

85 Gnome Death Knight
ok so i pre-ordered the Cata Collectors edition, and like always gamestop wont be able to get it to me till sometime either the Day of Dec 7th or the next day. so my question is
if i bought a normal upgrade for Cata and entered in the X-pac code into my main account, then when i get the collectors Edition version later the next day can i enter that code in too so i get my mini Deathwing or do i need to enter the normal X-pac code into one of my other accounts as to not mess anything up.
thanks for any help i get back on this subject next time im going for in-store pickup btw
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
you upgrade your account to cata, then once you get the collectors editon you go to account management and upgrade again and enter the CE code, the original cata code is lost and cannot be reused.
Reply Quote
50 Tauren Druid
ok so i pre-ordered the Cata Collectors edition, and like always gamestop wont be able to get it to me till sometime either the Day of Dec 7th or the next day. so my question is
if i bought a normal upgrade for Cata and entered in the X-pac code into my main account, then when i get the collectors Edition version later the next day can i enter that code in too so i get my mini Deathwing or do i need to enter the normal X-pac code into one of my other accounts as to not mess anything up.
thanks for any help i get back on this subject next time im going for in-store pickup btw

You can upgrade your account status to a Collector Edition after the fact, but once upgrade the code cannot be refunded or transfered to another license.

in other words if you upgrade your main account with a digital upgrade you would be wasting that key if it were later upgraded to a CE.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]