Last shot at ZG mounts.

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Welp. I took it.

And I missed.

They are being removed on tuesday before the next reset, so I suppose, after around 5 years of farming for these mounts off and on I will never ever get one.

Thanks Blizz.

Love you too.

:(

*sob*

Seriously, I killed those two !%@#ers HUNDREDS of times. What the hell guys? Did you just go "Hey, lets !%@# with Sheylan and make it IMPOSSIBLE for these mounts to drop across all of his accounts and characters".

I realy realy hope Blizz adds them back in somehow, but it just won't have been the same compared to having gotten them from the original raid dungeon.

As someone who first cleared it mere weeks after it was released, ZG has been, and probably always will be, my favorite raid dungeon. The fact that I will be left with nothing but some old set pieces and weapons on my characters that raided back then makes me quite sad, characters which I no longer play and would not be able to wear that gear viably even if I did.

EDIT: And yes, this is a raging QQ post, but %!** you, I'm allowed.
Edited by Tesoni on 11/21/2010 6:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have a raptor

about 6 of them

Trade anyone?

I want to gouge your eyes out with a rusty spork.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Hi Sheylan, Here on the forums crying to blizzard in a fierce storm of QQ about how you deserve something that is granted entirely through RNG and Blizz is out to get you because they removed something that effects everyone.

Just hope they get put back in thats all ya can do right now.
Reply Quote
Hi Sheylan, Here on the forums crying to blizzard in a fierce storm of QQ about how you deserve something that is granted entirely through RNG and Blizz is out to get you because they removed something that effects everyone.

Just hope they get put back in thats all ya can do right now.

You are absolutely and completely right.

On the other hand, if you had been farming it for longer than something like 70%(go go random numbers) of current players have owned the *#%*ing game, you would probably be a bit bitter also.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
Havent yet done my last raptor run yet, I did a full rep clear on my alt just after reset and while I did'nt get a mount i did get a hatchling, heh. Exalted as well using the 10% rep from Pilgrims holiday. I got tiger after about 10 or so solo kills, not counting the full raid runs for a year in classic and the duo's and trio's in tbc.

Raptor, no idea how many kills, if I had known I probably would have cleared every reset for the last year instead of just weekly after raids. /shrug

Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
They should let you buy the mount if you have exalted feat of strength in cata, to make up for those who didn't get it even in lot and lots of runs.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Took my last shot and guess the #!%* wut nothing BS I See people with that mount all the time and it amazes me how they get it. I Ran it hundred and it dropped once and i didn't win after that it hasn't dropped since
Reply Quote
82 Orc Hunter
I raided in ZG as a tank back in the day, seen the tiger drop once then and the guild leader got it.

Made a hunter when BC came out, farmed for it ever since and never got a drop, farmed it on my lock for a week and got the tiger mount.

RNG can kiss my a@#!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I got both but it took me 2 years and I only got the raptor a couple weeks ago. :( I wish they would leave them in, I'm not saying I have them to brag, but to say even though I got lucky I still disagree with removing them, people should still have a chance. Leaving the raid portal somewhere would have been fine the quests don't come close to using the whole zone and there are far larger plot holes in the game.
Reply Quote
I got both but it took me 2 years and I only got the raptor a couple weeks ago. :( I wish they would leave them in, I'm not saying I have them to brag, but to say even though I got lucky I still disagree with removing them, people should still have a chance. Leaving the raid portal somewhere would have been fine the quests don't come close to using the whole zone and there are far larger plot holes in the game.

I have the utmost respect for you.

Seriously, you have like every mount/server first anyone could want, and you still disagree that they are being taken out. <3 :D
Edited by Elu on 11/21/2010 11:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Blizz already stated that both mounts in ZG and the ZG pet will find a new home. they will still be dropping in Cata.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
These mount where never intended to be solo-farmable.
They where supposed to be a special treat for the lucky few that got them out of chance.

If you decided to spend years farming them, that was your choice; stop crying about the fact that rare loot is rare. (my Anzu used to be special, now practically every DK and pally has one.)

The dungeon needed to be removed for the sake of updating part of the old world, but in the interest of compromise I propose this:

One (and only 1) Zalandar troll managed to survive the cataclysm. He patrolls around STV, meaning that if you want to interact with him, you have to find him each time. If you have exhalted rep with the Zandalar faction you can buy 2 items from him, once per day each.
For 50 Justic Points he will sell you either a Tiger Treasure Chest or a Raptor Loot Sack. These items contain either a piece of random green or blue quality gear, or a few green/blue Cataclysm gems. They also have a 5% chance to have one of the appropriate mounts in them.

This allows people who put a lot of time and effort into farming the mounts before Cata the option of continuing to put time and effort into getting them, without needing the entire isntance to remain in place.
Edited by Drelnu on 11/22/2010 12:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I would trade my raptor and a lot of gold for the tiger. alas, no more chances. i had my final disappointment in ZG last night.

I don't want blizz to give anyone the mount, I just wish they had found a way to allow us to at least continue trying for it! even if it never dropped, I would enjoy at least the thrill of trying for it every 3 days, and I think a lot of people obviously feel the same way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
CoT: ZG anyone?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]