Last shot at ZG mounts.

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizz already stated that both mounts in ZG and the ZG pet will find a new home. they will still be dropping in Cata.

Link to this please. I have heard the pet will find a new home and they MAY put the mounts in. Even if they said they were going to they could always revoke it. I would just assume it is gone tomorrow forever.
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm going to miss ZG.

The scenery in there made it worth going, even if you got no loot at all.

CoT: ZG anyone?

I can definately get on board with this idea!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Mark my words, they, along with the Amani War Bear are going to make a return as either level 85, level 90, 95, or even level 100 content.
Edited by Khelekh on 11/22/2010 2:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
My final run was Sunday morning but alas no raptor. I did get a tiger sixteen months ago and have farmed religously every reset since, every reset before that drop in Wrath, dozens more in TBC, and a few times in Classic.

I'm disappointed but truly I'll have some great memories. ZG was a beautiful zone with some great and amazing lore.

Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I didn't get one either. :(

But there will be so much fun, new stuff to explore and a ton of new mounts in cataclysm that we'll forget all about them!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I got my last Swift Zulian Tiger on my mage alt yesterday, making a total of 6 level 80 characters with a tiger mount.

In 3-4 years of farming, I've seen 9 tigers. Lost 1, passed on 2. I've seen 3 raptors, passed on 2.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Blizz already stated that both mounts in ZG and the ZG pet will find a new home. they will still be dropping in Cata.

Read more carefully. They only said that about the pet. They said they "may" reintroduce the ZG mounts in the future but the only sure thing they're keeping in is the pets.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warlock
Water that elite people drink. guh.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
I kind of hate when people say OMG I FARMED THEM A HUNDRED TIMES! and then have, you know, 13 Hakkar kills on their stats page. Not saying OP is a liar, or that every time someone walks into ZG they clear it fully, but seriously.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I kind of hate when people say OMG I FARMED THEM A HUNDRED TIMES! and then have, you know, 13 Hakkar kills on their stats page. Not saying OP is a liar, or that every time someone walks into ZG they clear it fully, but seriously.

Yeah, but people have multiple characters and what not.
Especially for an instance like ZG... people may have cleared it in its heyday, then duo'd it with their girlfriends/boyfriends since TBC and finally become fed up enough to roll a DK, paladin, warrior or druid and farmed it all through out WotLK.

As you mention, the Hakkar kills isn't a very good measure of if they are truthful or not.

For me, personally, I have farmed Anzu for about 365 times before the mount dropped. My Talon King Ikiss kills are 150 ish I think.

How do I know? I've kept track using badges.

Reply Quote
100 Human Priest

That assumes people did a full clear. I have both mounts but I did probably 95% of resets for over 2 years. I have 6 Hakkar kills lol. I would kill the 2 mount bosses, then leave.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Yeah seriously, who wants to go kill the panther boss and Hakkar after doing the mount bosses? I never did.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I think I may have 3 or 4 hakkar kills on my stats page. I farmed the mount bosses just about every single lockout. Luckily I got both so it's no biggie. I just hate these people complaining about them being taken out who really only started farming ZG when it was announced they were being taken out.
Reply Quote
83 Undead Mage
0 Hakkar kills (not even the ZG achievement), but I have the tiger.

Derp.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Hmm I thought I posted in here.. oh well

I did my run yesterday and surprise, nothing dropped. I did see the Tiger once back in BC when we had several guildies run it and one of them won it.

I can't say I'm the most unlucky when it comes to drops, I farmed a ton of the "rare" pets last month (like oozling, Mojo, 2 of the whelps and even got the ZG pet) and I have a lot of the mounts from dailies that people would kill for as well as the hawkstrider... still I would love Anzu or something equally cool. ><
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]