We've Slacked on Kingslayer... (LF Raiders)

85 Goblin Death Knight
...and now we regret it. We are solid raiders: we know not to stand in the fire and we can follow directions. But we had our nice faces on, and were entirely too casual, and now we're out of time.

We've had a few solid attempts, but because Monday is the last day for the Kingslayer title, we need to pull out all of the stops. (If my husband doesn't get his Kingslayer title, his enrage timer will kick in and all hell will break loose!)

We need a couple of players to come help us get over that hump and fill the holes left in our raid. We will be starting at 8:30pm server time, so we would like everyone to be logged on so we can invite at 8:15pm server time.

We need two kickass DPS. We'd love to have a Rogue and a Warlock, but we're open minded. (By kickass DPS, I don't mean 5k.) We need people who know the fight, and who have done it a few times. We would also prefer it if you had a good attitude. :)

"What's in it for me?" you ask. "I've already done this on my character, and I hate the Lich King fight!" If we can pull this out and down the Lich King, we will give you each 2500G.

If you're willing to help, please send a tell or an in-game mail to Sånguine. (The special å in my name is made by holding down your ALT key and pressing 0229 on your number pad.)

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sånguine
Public Relations
Eastern Kingdom Corsairs
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Warrior
Why is Monday the last day to get Kingslayer?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
That's just what we heard, since we're assuming the Shattering is going to be the end of ICC stuff, and that's probably going to be Tuesday. *shrug* I've been wrong before, but I'd rather play it safe.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Warrior
hmm I didn't know that the Shattering will take away ICC, I certainly hope not because I have my own ICC on Tuesday. Can anyone confirm/deny this please?

But yes, definitely better safe than sorry, I would help if I had any horde toons but good luck either way.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Oh, no... ICC will still be there. It's just not going to be the "thing" anymore.
Reply Quote
While I appreciate the desire to clear content when it was "the thing" (We halted 25s to make a Bane push recently) I would think the accomplishment and knowing "We could do it when it was the thing" would be cheapened by having to buy it. :S
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
They won't have to buy it. I've spoken to Sanguine...my wife and I have volunteered to help on geared alts. I don't want any money and my wife said she was interested in helping without me mentioning any money. Money isn't everything...

We got our Glory of the Icecrown Raider the night before it effectively died, at least for the 310 speed, so we can appreciate the need to hurry to get something done before it's too late. I don't know for sure what's going on with this achievement, but with Blizzard's track record or being unclear on things, why take a chance?

If they would rather find some mains maybe in 277 gear to help them cool, but Tender and I have offered to help on alts. Either way, I hope they get their achieve and I don't see any reason why getting in some people that know the fight better than the average trade channel pickup would cheapen the achievement for them. After all, 8 people can't be "carried" by 2 anyway.
Reply Quote
Well, we'll get it tonight either way. Like Sang said, we're just short two people with their game faces on, like us.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
hmm I didn't know that the Shattering will take away ICC, I certainly hope not because I have my own ICC on Tuesday. Can anyone confirm/deny this please?

But yes, definitely better safe than sorry, I would help if I had any horde toons but good luck either way.

I haven't read anything about 4.0.3a removing titles. They are, however, lowering Invincible's drop rate from 100% to rare. You can only get Invincible in ICC so I'm pretty sure that the instance will still be around..
Edited by Mixtape on 11/22/2010 4:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
Kingslayer is the new Patient anyways, so why remove it?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

By playing with titles disabled, I take away from, and cheapen your in game achievements!

That doesn't work when you see an Invincible ride by you.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Warrior

By playing with titles disabled, I take away from, and cheapen your in game achievements!

You can always counter that by just being ignorant. Where there is a will there is a way.
Reply Quote
People are way to prickly. Just because someone found a group to get them title X sooner than another group, doesn't mean it's more valuable.

yadda yadda.

Don't be an ass, and good luck on your Kingslayer guys.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Warrior
So your only reason for posting in this thread is to be a douchebag? Douchebag is the new Sh*tbag anyway...

You can always counter that by just being ignorant. Where there is a will there is a way.

So your only reason for posting in this thread is to be a douchebag? Douchebag is the new Sh*tbag anyway...

Nice hypocrisy there.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Best of luck!
Reply Quote
Thanks a lot! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]