Why Would Anyone Want a Warrior?

85 Human Warrior
Vigilance's threat transfer could not be balanced between trivializing warrior threat or being absolutely necessary (i.e., the warrior would do crap threat without a good Vig target).

Vig no longer transfers threat. I was talking about the 3% DR, a number which would translate fairly well to the discrepancy in damage taken between pallies/druids and warriors. Not counting DK's atm cause nobody seems able to get consistent models of damage taken combined with healing and absorbs for them.

Two warrior tanks? Awesome, they're taking damage as if they were a pally/druid combo.
One warrior tank? Awesome, the warrior may take some extra damage but this tank over here will take less (due to the warrior) to compensate for this warrior's presence.

Sounds like a win/win to me. Closes the gap in damage taken and gives us a slightly more interesting talent.

You missed the point OP. Blizzard is trying to do away with having to bring certain classes. Players are supposed to be brought to raids on their own merits, not what buffs their class brings. If you're not able to get into raids it has nothing to do with your class.

Classes have to be equal for this situation to be true. Not saying warriors are so broken as to be unable to tank, but if tank A, B, and C make life easier than tank D does, why take D? No warriors that have been part of a steady raiding core are going to be replaced, I know that. But what of people just getting into the raiding scene? What of people with multiple tanking classes being asked to bring something other than their warrior? What of any situation where a raid leader or healers have their choice between A, B, C and D, no strings attached?
Edited by Nalía on 11/21/2010 11:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Vig no longer transfers threat.
Well yeah. That's kinda why I thought you were talking about it losing its uniqueness. Because 3% reduced damage was never unique. Vigilance did not stack with Blessing of Sanctuary for example.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Vig no longer transfers threat.
Well yeah. That's kinda why I thought you were talking about it losing its uniqueness. Because 3% reduced damage was never unique. Vigilance did not stack with Blessing of Sanctuary for example.

And BoSanc is gone... 3% DR was/is unique till the shattering hit/s.
Edited by Nalía on 11/21/2010 11:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
--DPS--
There is absolutely no reason why you would want a warrior DPS over another class. We can do just as good DPS, sure, but we don't bring anything else to the table except 3-4 minute buffs that can be done by other classes for longer periods of time.

This doesnt make sense.[/quote]

MOST classes bring buffs that are permanent. We bring 5% Crit. How much longer does something need to be than "all the time"

Also, we're the highest dps class currently. Why WOULDNT someone want us?
Edited by Garvouk on 11/22/2010 12:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Also, we're the highest dps class currently. Why WOULDNT someone want us?
We're about third overall behind mages and warlocks. Maybe even a smidge behind boomkins.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Icecrown_Citadel/dps/
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
If you're paranoid about getting benched because you have 0.02% less dps than another class then you need to leave your min/max guild and find one that isn't so silly.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
If you're paranoid about getting benched because you have 0.02% less dps than another class then you need to leave your min/max guild and find one that isn't so silly.

Most of the people crying aren't in a guild like that.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin

The thing is this is so obviously a troll bait threat that I don't think it can get any more obvious. I'll add to it though because I want to see what replies I'll get :D

Warriors are basically 4rd in damage right now after fire and arcane mages and destro warlocks. Fury warriors out dps priests, dks, shaman, frost mages, demo locks, afflic locks, druids, hunters, paladins, and rogues.... Why oh why would you ever bring them? They have threat problems? They aren't alone, my shadow priest has out threat tanks before even after screaming for salv and I'm other dps out there can share some threat horror stories as well. As for the focus magic thing, 99% of arcane mages just put them on other arcane mages, if theres only one arcane mage then wow... someone gets +3% spell crit! The whole vig/BoSanc thing was removed because a lot of players were putting pallies and warriors as off tanks because pallies were balanced with sanc and others were balanced without sanc making pallies slightly behind and vig on the main tank was a nice damage reduction for the healers so prot warriors were getting benched to off tank a lot. I'm glad these tanking buffs are gone!

Edit: forgot about moonkins... ok, so fury warriors are like 5th out of all the specs
Edited by Katase on 11/22/2010 12:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Ok, I'm gona break down what we bring to the table for Tanking. (I don't know enough on dps so I'll leave that to the other good warriors on this forum.)

Buffs/Debuffs:
Battle Shout - gives str/agi (DK's Horn of Winter)
Commanding Shout - gives stam (Priest Frot, and Lock pet Blood Pact)
Demorilazing Shout - reduces all mob melee damage by 10%
Vigilance - reduces targets damage taken by 3%
Challenging Shout - all mobs within 10yrds are now aggro'd on the warrior
Intervene - intercept melee/ranged damage and threat by 10% of target player

Tank only attacks:
Shield Slam - removes one magic effect on the target
Heroic Throw - a ranged silence if you spec'd into Gag Order
Devastate/Sunder Armor - reduces armor by max of 12%
Shockwave - stuns all mobs infront of warrior
Thunder Clap - slow's mobs attack speed by 20%

Not to mention you can now spec into:
Blood Craze - 10% chance to regen 2.5% total health from being attacked
Field Dressing - increase all healing received by 3% self-healing by an additional 10%
Warbringer - lets us Charge, intercept, intervene in combat and any stance. (personally I think this talent is awsome to give us more mobility then the other tanks)

There are the abilities that I know of off-hand that help the raid/party. We also have Shield Wall and Last stand to help us stay alive. And how is Enraged Regeneration not a self healing ability? To me all of these abilities hold good merit to bring a warrior Tank to the raid. Now I'm not saying we are better then the other tanks but we sure as hell bring our own uniqueness to where you should only not bring a warrior over another deppending on the gear and skill of the player. (Did I miss anything about our tank spec?)

I hope this helps you rethink how you saw warrior tanks at the very least.
Edited by Tîberîus on 11/22/2010 1:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
The only reason why I wouldn't want a warrior is because there's too many already.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
because frost dks, combat rogues, and arms warriors are all suboptimal dps specs, but arms is at least fun to play?

4% physical damage buff is win.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
because frost dks, combat rogues, and arms warriors are all suboptimal dps specs, but arms is at least fun to play?

4% physical damage buff is win.
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Warrior

--DPS--
There is absolutely no reason why you would want a warrior DPS over another class.

The !#*@ you talking about? I out-dps everyone in every raid I have done since I geared.

Just because you don't know the mechanics doesn't mean others don't.
Reply Quote
Conceivably someone could want a warrior around because they are good at the game.

By the way, every class is redundant.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warrior
I love my undead warrior, if you'r not happy roll a mage or something and leave us alone!

By the way Blade Storm is the most fun hability in the game. =)
Edited by Ovatsug on 11/22/2010 2:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I don't care about the others...

I pLay my warrior because it is fun. Compare to all the other class i played, my prot warrior is the one i prefer.

Yes it need more work to do his job (tanking). but when you finish your job and you tanked without anyone dying, you feel good.

Oh and btw: i also have a Healer and i prefer having a warrior tank over any others
Edited by Farmville on 11/22/2010 7:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I play one because it's fun. Not because of what other people want.

/thread
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Trolololo.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Because Blizzard whats you to bring the player, not the class. People are no longer forced to bring that bad player just because he/she has the buffs only they can bring. My Horn of Winter does the same exact thing as Battle Shout, and my Icy Talons is the same as what an Enhancement Shaman brings. I don't care, I came to play the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]