Disrespect for healers

85 Worgen Druid

"Hey, since you pulled without checking on my mana, I'll be here at The Legerdemain Lounge. Let me know when you're all back from your corpse run, and if I'm done enjoying my glass of Dalaran Red, I'll join you guys. Maybe you should stop pulling like you've got endgame gear, then we could totally enjoy playing together more. I would like that a lot."

this is why we're the best of friends.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
In all honestly it sucks I know, I enter a dungeon usually toward the last of the 5 peeps to enter due to lower speed internet and i buff up soon as i enter but usually by then the players are off killing stuff but i still sit down and mana up and if they tank runs off and dies before the healer is ready its there problem for not waiting for the healer.

It starts name calling or other forms of word calling, your a noob, you suck, why didn't you heal me, ur the worst healz ever and it doesn't matter because its instantly your fault the die no matter what, so like i say cast your buffs and sit an mana up no matter what there not waiting for you why should you try to heal when your OOM.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
R E S P E C T....
Edited by Zuya on 11/23/2010 8:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
Just do what I do. Port out of the instance right before a pull... watch them all die and then laugh at them from Dalaran/Orgrimmar and just let them know that you are drinking and will be back in a bit.

LOL!! LOL!! Omg...that is so awesome. I will have to remember that trick...I get so sick of tanks "rage pulling" they don't want to slow down so you can even catch up to them. Then they get mad at the "fail healer" because they pulled 2 groups of mobs before you can even get around the corner.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't teleport unless I know the DPS/tank know better. If they are in ICC gear, they know better.

But there have been occasions where it is necessary to passively make people play nice. Our job is to heal damage, not stupidity.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Exactly. If the tank is going to pull with no buffs on him, then the dps doesn't want to put up a little cc to help you out because your tank is a noob, just let them die and /laugh at every one of them.

It goes against a lot of healer's initial reactions to do so, because you want to play your role to the best of your abilities, which in essence is to keep people alive. However, if no one wants to play their roles right then its not the healers fault if the raid wipes.

Healers rarely get respect, its numbers people want to look at, not skill.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm leveling 2 additional healers right now, and when I am out questing I am usually in a DPS spec, so I have to switch back to my healing spec when the queue pops. This generally means I enter the dungeon with little to no mana.

Almost universally, the tank pulls before my screen has even loaded. I have a macro that states very clearly that I just changed specs, and need to get mana. If they pull before I can do that, they will not get heals. When I say that I get called a bad healer, noob, fa**ot, whatever. I can't fit anyone else onto my ignore lists because of the people who abuse me as a healer in random PuGs.

What really gets me is it's always people from the same one or 2 servers in my battle group. The rest of the servers, awesome people. People from those other two, complete and total asshats.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
In case there happens to be someone you like in the group that you don't have time to cooperate with - or if you only want revenge on a few select people in the pug i'd suggest a holy pally.

Bubble yourself so you can watch the idiots fail as you relax in the background with zero aggro. Hand of protection on your buddy. And for the fun of it (whatever the spell is called) you've got a third option (when glyphed) to drop anothers aggro to zero. You can selectively kill off members of the DPS squad without risking your tank and even enjoy watching their demise.

This comes out of pure love for the arrogant DPS classes... and rouges that pull...
Reply Quote
86 Undead Priest
My rules for healing:

'If I walked back to my body, you can too.' (<--- I give some exceptions to this rule if they let me know ahead of time they need to do something)

'I can't heal stupidity, nor will I try.'

'If I call OOM, and you keep going, I'll stop and drink 'til my mana is full whether you're dying or not.'
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
If what I hear constantly about Cata dungeons is true, then I think I will be employing my BC dungeon healing strategy a lot.

1. learn about how much mana you use per type of pull.
2. before or during the pull that you will be about oom after, state that you are going to be drinking after that pull
3. Drink, and state that you are indeed drinking. If need be, make a macro, something like /use <Water>
/p I'm drinking, don't pull

or be cute and make it something like
/p I am drinking, lifeguard off duty. Pull at your own risk.

Communication is key. If you (the healer) or them (the DPS/Tank) are unwilling or unable to communicate, you are going to have problems.

Additionally, some people are just @zzhats. Generally if people pull while I'm drinking, I'll try to save them if I can (because sometimes having to heal at unexpected times is a good thing in the long run) but if it happens multiple times I'll let them die out of principle. It's a bad idea to piss off your healer.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
<delete repeat>
Edited by Flurs on 11/29/2010 2:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Learning to heal is easy. Learning to play with others is hard. Think of it as another level of the game. Expecting everyone to play the way you expect is going to be frustrating and stressful. You'll be more happy in the long run if you can go with the flow.

It's not a real Party until there's a Wipe or three.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Anybody have suggestions on how to deal with this sort of nonsense?

Queue as DPS, where you can under perform at your task, take unnecessary damage constantly, and still complain that other people are bad.

But in all seriousness, I just ignore any non-constructive criticism in PUGs. If I tell them I need to drink, they pull anyway and die, I'm not too concerned if they want to call me names. I don't even bother replying most of the time. If they can't figure out why pulling while the healer is drinking is bad, there's pretty much nothing you can say that will change their minds. I'll keep doing my job the best I can. If they keep doing stupid things and dying, I'll keep rezzing them until either they learn or kick me. They can call me as many names as they like. I'm not doing anything wrong, so I really don't care what they think. If somebody actually offers constructive criticism to correct something I may actually be doing wrong, I'll gladly listen.

Fortunately, I don't run into this that often.

Also, this:

2) there's a very good chance the bad/rude/ignorant player is a 12 year old and I am a grown man. Someone has to be mature, might as well be me.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I just tell people I will not heal them... will actively let them die and laugh the whole time so they better vote kick me because I don't mind wasting large amounts of their time. It normally will get you kicked quick and then you might have better luck finding worth while pugs.

In the long run I think the insta-queue will be healers in Cata and not Tanks.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I have my own funny story... I queued for Flamelash pre-cata boss. I port in after just respeccing - almost no mana. I should have asked the tank not to pull, but almost immediately the tank runs in, pulls trash and boss. I'm thinking to myself this will be a challenge, good practice for cataclysm. But the tank drops fast, dead in well under 10 seconds. I apologize and drop group, figuring this is my fault for not saying something. But when I check Recount I see why the tank dropped so fast - he had been standing in the fire the whole time, apparently expecting me to heal him through it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
No matter what you do short of keeping their sorry butts alive results in anger directed at you.

Why shouldn't someone get angry at you for not doing your job?

I'm convinced that 90% of healers on this forum are arrogant, self-entitled, high-maintenance asshats. Just like the OP. Spotted it as soon as she said "heal has a name."

You just described yourself in that statement.

How would you feel if you were out let's say, picking up trash outside. They called you..."Hey trash lady/man" Wouldn't you feel even the slightest bit offended? I know I would even though that was my job, but then again I have a severe dislike for the general population...retail will do that to you.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Shaman
As a healer and a tank, I rather let people die then put up with @*##. Also, because I am casual I hardly ever have the best gear/enchants etc...so I have found that people with the best tend to expect to pug into a group of the same. Hardly ever the case. People with low gear levels tend to be more respectful. Some are asshats or bat@*## nuts and stack spell power on warriors...Point is if you pug, its going to be ugly sometimes, but from the drivers seat (tank or healer) you have the keys and @*## dont go no where without you.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Shaman
As a healer and a tank, I rather let people die then put up with #@##. Also, because I am casual I hardly ever have the best gear/enchants etc...so I have found that people with the best tend to expect to pug into a group of the same. Hardly ever the case. People with low gear levels tend to be more respectful. Some are asshats or bat#@## nuts and stack spell power on warriors...Point is if you pug, its going to be ugly sometimes, but from the drivers seat (tank or healer) you have the keys and #@## dont go no where without you.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest

Why shouldn't someone get angry at you for not doing your job?

I'm convinced that 90% of healers on this forum are arrogant, self-entitled, high-maintenance asshats. Just like the OP. Spotted it as soon as she said "heal has a name."

Someone should get angry at you for not doing your job. However, in a setting where the dungeons are not like Wrath--where you don't oom if you are in anything above quest blues and greens--I don't see how needing to drink to get mana qualifies as not doing your job. Nor do I understand how someone is an arrogant, self-entitled, high-maintenance asshat for being upset that they weren't given enough time to drink so they could do their job correctly.

Perhaps you shouldn't add so much of your own subtext to a single, four-word quotation.

P.S. I enjoyed that you used commas to separate the adjectives describing asshat.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]