Disrespect for healers

80 Night Elf Druid
I tend to not let people die but if I say I need mana, which happens a lot now since they increased the cost of spells, and they pull before I finish drinking, then I will not budge until I am done drinking. Same goes for gathering herbs. I have @#%@ to do for my character's progression and and if you can't wait the extra 10-20 seconds then that is your fault and you can enjoy the consequences.
Edited by Noshoes on 11/23/2010 6:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Cata stands to be a huge system shock for a lot of players.

This! :)
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Paladin
I went pugging on beta today and I ended up in a group where the first thing said was:

"Where is heal."

I had only just loaded in and was picking up the quests quickly. I ran over to where the group was, mentioned that 'heal' had a name, and before I could even get my buffs up the tank pulled a group of 4 or so.

I somehow managed to keep the group alive on the shammie that I had just created and was playing for the first time as resto with the new talents, but I could hardly drink up before the next group was pulled.

No CC, interupts, or anything that could help. No, just good old wrath pulling and when I didn't managed to keep the group up on the third pull I got called a noob and was told that I should be dispelling.

I asked if we could please CC some targets and was met with more rudeness. So I offered to leave so they could find another healer.

Problem is when I leave a group because I don't want to put up with the rudeness I am also the one who gets slapped with a dungeon timer while the rest of the group can happily keep going.

I'd rather take the debuff than stay with people like this, but still it hardly seemed like a good deal, and it definitely doesn't motivate me much to go pugging.

Anybody have suggestions on how to deal with this sort of nonsense?

Shut down client for 2 minutes then log back in, they will have kicked you, no penalty
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I got a 30 minute deserter's debuff after getting kicked from a group the other day.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest
Support your fellow healers by declining the "dungeon is already in progress" screen. Whenever I'm dumb enough to take this I most often zone in looking up that hill in Pit of Saron with a group that all thinks they're tanks and that the reason they wiped was that the healer they just kicked was a failure.

It can be entertaining at times though. One time I was surprised to find myself in ToC facing the first boss group. Initially I thought, "Awesome, I bypassed the jousting crap." However, it was soon apparent that the "tank" (a gnome DK in greens) was not only woefully undergeared but also had no idea how to tank. We actually got through the first boss group with me spamming my largest heals and using cooldowns. The thing Paletress summoned was too much though. The kitty druid got aggro and was screaming, "B!tch can you taunt?" as he ran around like a chicken with its head cut off being tank healed by me. After the kitty got flattened he said, "I thought the problem was the last healer but now I know differently" as he dropped group.
Edited by Kyllen on 11/24/2010 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
16 Gnome Priest
I went pugging on beta today and I ended up in a group where the first thing said was:

"Where is heal."

I had only just loaded in and was picking up the quests quickly. I ran over to where the group was, mentioned that 'heal' had a name, and before I could even get my buffs up the tank pulled a group of 4 or so.

I somehow managed to keep the group alive on the shammie that I had just created and was playing for the first time as resto with the new talents, but I could hardly drink up before the next group was pulled.

No CC, interupts, or anything that could help. No, just good old wrath pulling and when I didn't managed to keep the group up on the third pull I got called a noob and was told that I should be dispelling.

I asked if we could please CC some targets and was met with more rudeness. So I offered to leave so they could find another healer.

Problem is when I leave a group because I don't want to put up with the rudeness I am also the one who gets slapped with a dungeon timer while the rest of the group can happily keep going.

I'd rather take the debuff than stay with people like this, but still it hardly seemed like a good deal, and it definitely doesn't motivate me much to go pugging.

Anybody have suggestions on how to deal with this sort of nonsense?

This is a just the mark of a bad tank. A good tank will wait for you when you change spec. He'll wait when you just zoned for your buffs. 9/10 times a good tank will stop for you to drink before you say you need to drink.

I look at healer mana bars more then I look at my own health bar, since I know for a fact you guys have it covered for me. Why most tanks do not do this I dont understand, but what I always tell them is check mana bars before pulling, seem to help some

Grated I have been tanking since release and then some. But with cata it will be a coming of age "hopefully" for the wotlk dps and wotlk tanks.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I've played on beta, and honestly, I haven't gotten many people that kick me and tell me to learn how to play. My guess is you just got a bad group that was unaware of how things are going now.

Usually I explain the fights if people don't know them and mark everything for a CC order. People listen well enough if you make it obvious as to what needs to be done. Of course, sometimes you'll get people that are rude and obnoxious, but you can ignore them or kick them and move on.

It'll be annoying when Cata first comes out, but if the beta is any indication, most people will pick up on things fast and you'll have mostly smooth sailing. :)
Reply Quote
I was happily vote-kicked from my first group yesterday. Tank started running from the get-go and didn't care to wait for me to turn in quests at the beginning (it took two seconds, not like I spent forever) and get some new armor, nor for buffs, nor for me to equip that new gear, then started to be a turd when I said something. I just flat-out refused to heal them and made them do it themself while I happily kept the dps alive. They didn't respect me, so I was just returning the favor.

I really don't get how "Please wait so I can set up" equals "L2Heal". I don't care if you can solo the trash, there's no need to be an arrogant turd about it. I'd be perfectly happy with a "These guys won't kill me, take your time and catch up" instead of some snide remark.

Near instant queue for new group with a good tank, totally worth leaving :)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Yes. If you need the whole group to sit there and watch you drink you're a moron.

I read that healers often have to drink after most pulls in Cata dungeons. But perhaps thats just the bad ones.

But many tanks are going to be going into cata dungeons and doing just at you recommend, never looking at the healer's mana bar, chain pulling multiple packs, ignoring the healer if he asks to drink (as only morons need to drink).
Edited by Slainee on 11/24/2010 10:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Is a healer stuck up if the tank pulls like they're the Lich King himself, and the healer asks them not do that?

Is a healer stuck up if they expect the tank to let them get mana when they need it?

Is a healer stuck up if they expect the dps to not be careless of aggro or even worse - try to pull and/or solo mobs?

I typed up a long post in response to this, hit post, and now it's nowhere to be found.

Just to clarify the stuck-up healer bit, I was referring to this mentality that the group revolves around the healer and that it's everyone else's responsibility to make their jobs easier. They tend to think that healing is the most important or hardest role, or that it's less fun and are sacrificing something for the group so they deserve respect for it. They also think it's justifiable to let another player die because they weren't playing the "right" way.

I really wish my post went through. I'm too lazy to type it out again.
Edited by Havefaith on 11/24/2010 10:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
I was happily vote-kicked from my first group yesterday. Tank started running from the get-go and didn't care to wait for me to turn in quests at the beginning (it took two seconds, not like I spent forever) and get some new armor, nor for buffs, nor for me to equip that new gear, then started to be a turd when I said something. I just flat-out refused to heal them and made them do it themself while I happily kept the dps alive. They didn't respect me, so I was just returning the favor.

I really don't get how "Please wait so I can set up" equals "L2Heal". I don't care if you can solo the trash, there's no need to be an arrogant turd about it. I'd be perfectly happy with a "These guys won't kill me, take your time and catch up" instead of some snide remark.

Near instant queue for new group with a good tank, totally worth leaving :)

This isn't Classic
Nor is it TBC

Buffing takes 2 seconds and almost 0 mana. The days where you'd buff then drink are long gone. What set up is there to do? None of the things you mentioned (save putting on some armour) needed the entire group to sit around and wait on your whims. Everyone zones in, tank pulls, healer buffs, Deeps deeps's, healer heals, everyone's happy. It really isn't complicated.

Another example of the person whigning being the problem. If you're going to sulk and not heal (even just the tank) then sure, I'd VTK you too.

So having just zoned in, seeing the tank already pulling two groups and everyone mixed up and out of buff range means it's suddenly me at fault and being the arrogant prick? If I'm stuck healing regulars at 80 so I can get some sort of crappy gear to replace my crappier gear, you can wait the five seconds it takes me to turn in the quests and equip the gear. I shouldn't run in and see you pulling the third group after leaving the dps to deal with the first two and have to listen to the tank being disrespectful. It's me that had to clean up their mess, not them.

In fact, anyone who tells me l2heal will find they won't get healed until the last minute. The tank responded to a comment I made in as rude and arrogant a way they could have. The world does not revolve around them, just as it doesn't revolve around me. As I said: disrespect is repaid with disrespect, and the tank certainly earned it.

Aside from that, I was trying to get vote-kicked anyway, so saying you'd vote-kick me in that situation doesn't really mean much.

And, just to add, if I'm turning in a quest, I don't mind them pulling. The issue was that the tank was two areas over and the first area wasn't cleared yet. You can pull, and I'll stop what I'm doing to heal you if you need it. Just don't act like you own the world and we should bow before you for your leet skillz.
Edited by Janaire on 11/24/2010 10:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Just to clarify the stuck-up healer bit, I was referring to this mentality that the group revolves around the healer and that it's everyone else's responsibility to make their jobs easier. They tend to think that healing is the most important or hardest role, or that it's less fun and are sacrificing something for the group so they deserve respect for it. They also think it's justifiable to let another player die because they weren't playing the "right" way.

LOL, you just summarized Blizzard's new paradigm for healers very nicely.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]