druids only ones nerfed in 4.0.3a?

82 Tauren Shaman
so healing is going to be harder in cataclysm, they say. ok! you want us to triage and pick the right time and tool. that's awesome. but i have two questions:

what changes, exactly, are reducing healing to the point that we will be doing any struggling? i've been looking at patch notes and playing with my healers, and nothing seems to be affecting my healing power, EXCEPT for the changes coming in 4.0.3a to druids. priests are getting BUFFED (better binding heal and PoH), shammies are basically untouched (CH base cost going from 17% to 20%), and pallies appear to be buffed a little(the bacon change is wonderful). druids, however, are having rejuv cost increased by 30%, and their mana regeneration talent is being drastically reduced (mana regained reduced by 33%, average frequency of procs reduced by 50%). why? aren't ALL healers supposed to play smart, not just druids? i don't yet foresee my shammy or pally having to struggle with mana.

second question: are these changes intended to affect healing before 80-85? the druid nerfs definitely will, however i vaguely recall a blue saying the healing nerfs are only intended for the high levels where people are terribly mana-bloated. isn't it pretty shortsighted to nerf healing and mana regen for a class across the entire level 1-85 range if you only want their high level healing to be normalized?

i'm not trying to cry or call for nerfs/buffs, i just want to be informed
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
1. Um, I agree. I think. I'm not sure, it's too early.

2. While I'm not sure I like that it would change things before the end-game levels, I do think it's necessary. If you level up as resto then everything you're used to is changed once you hit 80, you have to adapt to that which can be hard. It might be easier to make do with what they give you as you level so when you're at those end-game levels you're able to heal a bit more effectively, hopefully. Sooo I'm thinking any changes implemented should affect things pre-80. But I'm not a Dev so I can't really say c:
Edited by Novæ on 11/22/2010 6:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
The reason you are seeing changes to druids is that prior builds on the beta had druids being too overpowered.

Revitalize was disgustingly powerful on previous beta builds, and a cheaper rejuv only made it worse. So these changes are there to bring druids mana regen more in line with other healers.

I'd bet that numbers are going to continue to be tweaked up or down as the weeks go on and blizzard looks at logs from a full population.
Edited by Keiyra on 11/22/2010 6:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
CFT
From what I've seen on the beta, your heals at 85 are about as large as your heals at 80. Yet, you have to heal a MUCH larger health pool. This is how they are making you feel less powerful.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Druids get both buffs & nerfs in 4.0.3a. They are changing what some talents & abilities do, which is fine, since the goal is to have us be balanced versus other classes at 85.

While your heals at 85 feel like they start out about the same, getting actual 85 gear makes up for some of that gap. Your spell power doesn't go down, so what happens is that you lose haste & crit (which everyone loses), while the ratings get de-valued. If they didn't de-value haste & crit, then we'd all be running around at 100% crit and insane values of haste that would make the game super un-fun.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
what changes, exactly, are reducing healing to the point that we will be doing any struggling?

Leveling will. Each level you gain past 80 will nerf the effectiveness of your ratings across the board. For example, it takes 32.79 haste rating now to get 1% haste. At level 85, you'll require 128.05701 haste rating to gain 1% haste. Each level will also increase the cost of your spells relative to the size of your mana pool (because your base mana increases faster than your total mana).

As others have pointed out, druids are currently a bit on the overpowered side, which is why they're seeing the majority of the nerfs (though some other healers also get some minor nerfs, such as Rapture's mana returns being reduced). Conversely, holy priests have been buffed a bit because they were underperforming.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
priests are getting BUFFED (better binding heal and PoH)

When you buff a turd, all you get is a polished piece of $%&#
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
If you look at most of the posts in past beta builds, holy priest regen was described as pretty dismal. Turns out that's where the baseline should be roughly at (per dev post). What you're seeing right now are the rest of the healers (ie druid and disc priest) being brought down to that level.

Holy priests got some buffs that will affect their mana (ie make is not so sucky hopefully), mainly the reduction of PoH's mana cost.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Remember guys, Holy Priests are the worst healing class in the game by a HUGE margin and they will go on a witch hunt for a class that is powerfuller than them until they are nerfed.
Which will never happen because we'll never post meters or anything that shows a big discrepency in healing.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Remember guys, Holy Priests are the worst healing class in the game by a HUGE margin and they will go on a witch hunt for a class that is powerfuller than them until they are nerfed.
Which will never happen because we'll never post meters or anything that shows a big discrepency in healing.

Would you like a tin foil hat? Rereading the posts on this thread and there's nobody being silly like that except, well you =P
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Would you like a tin foil hat? Rereading the posts on this thread and there's nobody being silly like that except, well you =P

Sorry 100 (why chakra sucks) threads and a random post from a paragon member. Also such things as PRIESTS ARE THE ONLY CLASS THAT RUNS OUT OF MANA right under a thread talking about Holy Paladin mana issues is highly ironic.
Don't act like priests never QQ, Everytime i go to this forum and post in a paladin thread, There is always Priests QQing that Paladins are overpowered and want certain mechanics gutted.
Also Priests hijack every single thread to make it seem like Druids are OP when infact they are not (well Revitalise was incredibly overpowered and was nerfed)
Edited by Sâmusâran on 11/22/2010 7:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

It's a pally, are you really surprised? =P

Also, don't most classes QQ about pallies? Because when I'm on mine I get grief from EVERYONE... until they need a heal.
Edited by Sevira on 11/22/2010 8:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

When you buff a turd, all you get is a polished piece of badwordhere <--- Priest trying to hijack the thread

Edited by Sâmusâran on 11/22/2010 8:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

When you buff a turd, all you get is a polished piece of badwordhere <--- Priest trying to hijack the thread

WAT!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

Sorry 100 (why chakra sucks) threads and a random post from a paragon member. Also such things as PRIESTS ARE THE ONLY CLASS THAT RUNS OUT OF MANA right under a thread talking about Holy Paladin mana issues is highly ironic.
Don't act like priests never QQ, Everytime i go to this forum and post in a paladin thread, There is always Priests QQing that Paladins are overpowered and want certain mechanics gutted.
Also Priests hijack every single thread to make it seem like Druids are OP when infact they are not (well Revitalise was incredibly overpowered and was nerfed)

You definitely need a tin foil hat. Every class does it. Heck, you never hear from shamans is the current trend, but guess what, Tigole forum banned the lot of them back in the day for peppering the shaman forums with conspiracy theories.

People care about their classes hence the posts. Nobody likes to get nerfed and emotions run high. Just read your posts, you obviously care a lot of your pally enough to go on a rampage on some poor druid's qq thread =P If you think x class has more whiny people, then you forgot the pageful of paladin threads right after 4.0 hit!

Also, don't most classes QQ about pallies? Because when I'm on mine I get grief from EVERYONE... until they need a heal.

When I'm on my pally all I hear are, OMG PvP! :(
Edited by Benea on 11/22/2010 8:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

You definitely need a tin foil hat. Every class does it. Heck, you never hear from shamans is the current trend, but guess what, Tigole forum banned the lot of them back in the day for peppering the shaman forums with conspiracy theories.

People care about their classes hence the posts. Nobody likes to get nerfed and emotions run high. Just read your posts, you obviously care a lot of your pally enough to go on a rampage on some poor druid's qq thread =P If you think x class has more whiny people, then you forgot the pageful of paladin threads right after 4.0 hit!

Did you read my post?
They posted Meters showing how much a lack of healing there was.
You cannot honestly say that there was not a problem.
Paladins came in pretty much said it was pretty bad and they'd check the meters for that night (And a lot QQ threads with baseless assumptions).
That night, Many threads were made with MANY meters just showing how big of a gap between Holy Paladins and what other classes were doing, There was concrete proof. I don't see any for holy priests at all and trust me i've been checking through all the fights that matter and i don't see where holy priests fall behind. Sure, you have mana issues but so does Holy Paladins and so will every other class at 85 (Yeah, it really sucks having your class at 80 being similar at 85 but its better because you're used to mana running out than any other healer.)
Obviously the Paladins continued to push the bill as there was 5-6 days of really bad meter parsing and some of the top guilds were sitting Holy Paladins to progress. (I think Elo did go over the top).
Then GC looked at it and the hotfix came, so i think there was enough justification for that.
Priests on the other hand just throw baseless assumptions everywhere and i find very few threads have meters or even go into theorycrafting.

Druids on the other hand basically courtesy of Lisanna, I don't see much issues from them besides Tree Form and how it looks and also this thread.

My Meters before Priests get buffed (I do agree with the buff, their healers were on par with 4.0 Paladins or just better. But destroying Chakra isn't the right way to go).
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6rtfclcl84x4e3k0/

You can check any meters if you like, there is no illuminated healing but i can't really be bothered to estimate it (because estimating by putting 8% on every heal is wrong because sometimes your shields get overwritten/expire).
Priests seem to be doing fine on some fights but awful on others but ultimately i think the skill slider for a priest is far higher than any other class. (Basically meaning, if you're really bad, you will get punished harder)
Edited by Sâmusâran on 11/22/2010 8:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Druids were OP and Priests were UP, changes are to try and bring the two closer so that we can all be bad together.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Druids were OP and Priests were UP, changes are to try and bring the two closer so that we can all be bad together.

I think the Mana regen was overpowered, They could still rejuv blanket which is basically unfair to other classes.
Edited by Sâmusâran on 11/22/2010 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Shaman got nerfed.

Earthliving on Chain Heal got reduced by 75%.
Chain Heal got a 17.6% increase to mana cost.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Shaman got nerfed.

Earthliving on Chain Heal got reduced by 75%.
Chain Heal got a 17.6% increase to mana cost.

I have a meter of a possiblity why
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2nt07xcnfx39n0pf/sum/healingDone/?s=7293&e=7619

But tbh, this is level 80 not 85, Hopefully its not very damaging at 85. Resto Shammys were in serious bad shape in the first tier of content in WotLK
Edited by Sâmusâran on 11/22/2010 8:40 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]