Ode to Wrath Tards @ Martini and Cohesion

85 Night Elf Warrior
First time someone put someone on blast on the new forums goes to Viser.

Listen, if you want to accuse someone of being proficient of performing sexual acts of the oral variety. You might wanna check yourself because you might be less than stellar at this game.

e.g: Martini the human mage: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terenas&cn=Martini

Agi gems on cloth, while I do share your hopefulness of someday there being a real monk class, I do not believe this is the time for it.

Now I'm a terrible mage as well... hell I don't mesh well with the art of chuckin' plasmas unless its Street Fighter. But I do like to think I can make at least borderline reasonable choices. Peanut butter and banana is one of these choices, while cream of mushroom on anything is not.

Normally I would have only put one name on this title... but having ran with several of Cohesion members in the past, I think I can break the filibuster on the overall maturity of your guild as prepubescent and moronic.

My sole solace is the fact that you kids will be either put into shape or shipped out when Cataclysm comes out and you bellow while spitting drool, "GOGOGOGOGOGO." while running forward to get obliterated by the first pack of mobs in Blackrock cavern or Throne of the Tides only to cry to blizzard, "DIS 2 HRD, NERFPL0X" Or whatever pre-cuneiform dialect you utter with.

In closing, and before someone goes "umadbro?" I would like to preemptively correct you with "usadbro" because I feel like this is the last time that I will get to see such grandoise stupidity while wrath is current.

RIP Wrathtards - You will be begrudgingly missed. (Well until there are catatards or whatever word pops up.)

P.S - Stay Free.

PPS - This is Captain America's theme in Marvel vs Capcom 3. http://media.eventhubs.com/downloads/2010/captain_america.mp3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I was just lamenting the other day about how so many people are going to not know how to play anymore in Cata since threat and CC will matter again.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
what the deuce is all this about anyway V? I'm confuzzled.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Just some jerkwads
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Rogue

Hey Fred. I always seem to slice when I am using a driver. Is there a simple fix to correct my swing? Do I simply need to hit the beercart more?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
*sits back and starts to eat popcorn*
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

Hey Fred. I always seem to slice when I am using a driver. Is there a simple fix to correct my swing? Do I simply need to hit the beercart more?

Depends on what you're drinking.

Slicing a ball is easy to fix. Swing inside out rather than outside in. You'll impart a right to left spin on the ball (a draw) vs. a left to right spin (a fade). Personally, I prefer a controlled fade as you get less roll and you can land the ball softly at your target. Of course you lose some distance, but accuracy > distance for most situations.

Now, if you want to fix it...do this drill: on the range, put down two clubs as the club head path. Make sure they are aligned with your target. Put the ball between the clubs and make sure you don't break the plane of either of the guides (the club) in the impact zone This means take away and follow through. This will teach you very quickly how to get into the 'slot' so to speak and stop you from coming outside in (which is the most common cause of slicing).

Diagram:
^
^
| |
| |
| x |
| |
| |
^
^

| = clubs (guide)
x = ball
^ = swing path

If we were to diagram your swing, those ^'s are probably outside on the right of the |'s as you swing. Ideally, you want the club to be coming slightly from the inside (left hand side) as you come into the slot. The ^'s would be slightly to the left on approach.

One lesson costs 2 beers. See you at the bar.

Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Meh, the formatting of the diagram didn't work all that well. Sonofa.

Another tip: a lot of hackers try to compensate for their mechanics by opening up their feet (they think they are aiming left). Actually, this makes the problem worse. If you open your feet way up, you impart more left to right spin and the ball actually slices more. Ideally, you want almost a closed stance (left toe slightly in front of your right toe) at set up for a draw.

If it makes it easier to visualize, just imagine swinging on your foot plane (inside out w/ a closed stance).

Were we talking about something else in here?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
edit: double post. Silly new forums.
Edited by Fredbsd on 11/23/2010 9:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Do left handed clubs cost more than right handed, I wanna start playing golf, but I know nothing about clubs pretty much.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Do left handed clubs cost more than right handed, I wanna start playing golf, but I know nothing about clubs pretty much.

Nope. Same price.

For left handed players, everything I said up there is the exact opposite. For a lefty, a slice is the ball going right to left. A hook is a ball going right to left.

Same physics, just different sides.

Biggest tip I can give you: the absolute best money by far spent in golf is lessons from a pro (not the guys you see on TV, but one at a local course). Learning proper mechanics from the get go is far, far more important than purchasing spiffy new golf clubs.

You can get a used set pretty cheap. Make sure they are game improvement clubs though...do not purchase blades/muscle backs. You'll give yourself fits trying to learn with those (although...if you learn how to play those clubs you'll be able to hit anything).

Blizzard should have listened to my idea from way back: put in the Loch Modan Country Club and have a mini-game inside WoW. Heck, they could have even made it a PvP zone for added giggles. Bastids.

:P
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The weirdest thing though, is I feel more comfortable putting right handed and teeing and doing fairway shots lefthanded...is that even legal?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Nope, not illegal. In fact, there are many people who do that very same thing.

It's odd and I won't go into the technical aspects of putting...but if it's comfortable and works...nothing wrong with doing it.

Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
What is CC'ing? Why is tank standing behind sheep? @###! goes where?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
What is CC ......well I'm glad you asked Dar cuz I can explain this for you.

Step 1: you have Moshtor sneak up to a mob and sap it

Step 2: you Cast Polymorph on the target (sheep or pig only please)

Step 3: Fred comes in(we now have a Crowd) and gets behind the sheep/pig(he prefers these, but trust me he is not limited to only these two animal types).

Step 4: Fred Hammers the sheep(Control)

Hope this helps

BTW hi Fred
Reply Quote
Hey, those sheep were consenting!

Damn it.
Reply Quote
74 Tauren Paladin
Moo
Reply Quote
80 Human Rogue
This thread points out entire guilds, uses mean language, and survives; but my posts get religiously reported (seriously is there some cult that formed while I was away?) for simply stating facts in a less-than-PBS-Saturday-Morning-Cartoon-level-of-friendliness? Okay then...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
It's only cause it turned into a thread about fishing, I mean, golfing.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I prefer to sneak up behind the sheep when they're near a ledge they push back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]